Pay your college fees in 6 easy installments at 0% interest
Learn More

Ask a question at the CollegeDekho Q&A Zone

Ask all your queries related to higher education and get them resolved by our experts

direct admission in Engineering : Sir, i want to ask that if I have completed my 2nd year of B. Tech, but due to some reason i have had to leave the college, then can I apply for another college to get admission directly in 2nd year of B. Tech?

- AdminUpdated On March 16, 2017 01:13 PM

Dear student,

Yes, you can directly apply to 2nd year of B. Tech via the Lateral Entry method. If you have completed first year in B.Tech from a recognised university or passed three years diploma after 10+2 with minimum aggregate of 60% marks in science and maths field, then you are eligible for admission to 2nd year directly. 

There are various Lateral Engineering entrance exams in India like:

Then again, you will also find some colleges who give admission basis your marks scored in your 1st year of B. Tech. So, whatever you choose, please check the placement history of the college before applying. Good luck.

Get all information that you need for admission via lateral entry to engineering colleges in India


- Jayita EkkaAnswered on March 16, 2017 01:13 PM
  • 0
  • 0
  • 0
  • Recently Asked Questions
  • Most Viewed Questions