Become Job Ready with CollegeDekho Assured Program
Learn More

Ask a question at the CollegeDekho Q&A Zone

Ask all your queries related to higher education and get them resolved by our experts

After 12th : What exams should I prepare?

- AdminUpdated On January 18, 2017 07:08 PM

You can prepare for army

- AdminAnswered on November 24, 2016 06:03 AM
  • 1
  • 0
  • 0

Dear student, 

There are 3 major steps for becoming a CA. They are:

  • Foundation course
  • Intermediate course
  • Final CA course for becoming a Chartered Accountant

Step I - Register with the Board of Studies at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) for the Common Proficiency Test (CPT). The registration has to be done 60 days prior to appearing for the exam. This can be done after Class 10 exam itself. But you can write the CPT exam only after passing Class 12. 

Step II - After passing Class 12 & CPT exam, you can register for register for the Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC). You can choose Group I and/or Group II. A nine month of course study is required. The orientation course is for one week with thirty-five hours credit. After completing this course, you will have to complete hundred hours of Information Technology Training (ITT), followed by Articleship training. 

Step III - After completing the 9 month Foundation course study, you will have to appear for the Group I and/ or Group II examinations. Group I has four papers while Group II has three papers. This is the Integrated Professional Competence Test commonly known as the Intermediate Examination

Step IV - After completing all the above steps, you can register as Articled Assistant for a three-year period.You can join the final CA course, during the last six months of these 3 years. During the last 12 months of Articled training, you will have to complete a 15-day course on General Management and Communication Skills (GMCS). 

Note* - GMCS can also be done after taking the final examination.

Only after you complete your ICAI membership, you will be designated as Chartered Accountant. Good luck!




- Jayita EkkaAnswered on December 02, 2016 03:24 PM
  • 0
  • 0
  • 0


- AdminAnswered on December 15, 2016 01:24 AM
  • 0
  • 0
  • 0
  • Recently Asked Questions
  • Most Viewed Questions