Aug 08, 2016
Oct 24, 2016
Dec 04, 2016
Jan 09, 2017
CAT 2016 - Counselling Updates
The Indian Institutes of Management or the IIMs shortlist candidates for their second stage of selection on the basis of certain parameters/processes. These include:
- Written Ability Tests or WAT
- Group Discussions or GD
- Personal Interviews or PI
- Performance in CAT exam
- Previous academic performance
- Work experience
Please note that selection and admission process includes the above-mentioned parameters but is not limited to them. Each IIM may have a different approach in certain aspects of selection. Additionally, weightage given to each parameter is different for every IIM. Please view our article section to find details about each.
CAT 2016 result related updates will be available on the official website of IIM CAT from the second week of January 2017. The candidates who will be shortlisted for subsequent levels of selection will be named in the list that will be made available on individual IIM websites. Candidates will further receive interview letters directly.
Any candidate who is shortlisted for interviews by IIMs will have to comply with the eligibility criteria and verification that involves the following:
- Degree certificates & mark sheet verification – Produce original as well as attested copies of certificates and mark sheets at the time of interviews. If selected, original degree and mark sheets of all semesters or years plus attested copies will have to be submitted at the time of joining.
- Reserved category – Produce original as well as attested copy of ST/SC/NC-OBC/DA certificates at the time of interviews. If selected, original certificates pertaining to reservation category plus attested copies will have to be submitted at the time of joining.
- Final year undergraduate students – Produce an attested copy as well as an original certificate from the Registrar/ Principal/ Director of the institute or university stating that the candidate has obtained 50 percent marks or equivalent (45% in case of reserved category) based on latest grades/marks available. Their admission will be provisional until an original mark sheet and qualifying degree at the bachelor level is submitted before December 31, 2017. If a candidate is unable to submit requisites in time, his/her admission will automatically result in cancellation.