Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
With the number of CAT aspirants increasing every year, the competition to get admission in IIMs and other popular management colleges in the country is on the rise. Candidates are leaving no stone unturned to ensure that they give their best performance on the day of the exam. And if you too are part of this race, then taking Mock Tests is probably the most important aspect to feature on your checklist for CAT 2021 preparation.
If you are taking CAT this year, you must attempt at least 10-15 CAT Mock Tests before the real exam to get an understanding of your preparation level. You may find too many Mock Tests available online, but there are only some that match up to the level of the actual exam. Therefore, take Mock Tests that capture the real essence of CAT in order to have the best results on the exam day.
The mock test papers of CAT 2021 will be updated on the official website of CAT. All candidates who are appearing for CAT 2021 must use the mock test to get familiar with the exam interface and how to answer questions in CAT 2021. IIM Indore has clarified that the questions asked in the mock test have been taken from previous year question papers of CAT 2021.
What is CAT Mock Test?
Mock tests are useful learning resources for candidates preparing for CAT 2021. A Mock test is a close replica of the actual CAT exam, which gives you a fair idea of how well prepared you are. It works like a practice test that you take before the exam day to become familiar with the exam pattern and the marking scheme. The best part of taking Mock Tests is that you get to know your strengths and weaknesses beforehand so that you can work on them accordingly. Also, you get an idea of the format and the type of questions to expect in the examination.
Some of the tips mentioned here on how to approach the CAT question paper will also be helpful for you.
Why take CAT Mock Test?
The Mock Test paper of CAT will help you know the type of questions which will be asked in the exam. Besides this, there are many advantages to taking CAT Mock Test paper. Candidates can check some important benefits of taking CAT mock test paper provided in this article.
Importance of CAT Mock Test
What is the importance of the CAT Mock Test? Find out below.
- The mock test helps you in becoming familiar with the exam pattern, which eventually builds up your speed and confidence to take the actual test later.
- No matter how many times you take the mock tests, you will learn something new with every attempt.
- It evaluates and assesses your overall performance over the course of your preparation.
- It improves your accuracy in solving various types of questions, which is important for the actual exam.
- It provides a brief idea about your current level of preparation and compels you to work hard to put your best foot forward.
- It sheds light on your strong and weak areas and helps you avoid mistakes that you must have made in your previous attempts.
- By frequently taking the CAT Mock tests, you get accustomed to the pressure of the exam, which also prepares you for the D-day.
- By regularly taking the Mock tests, you will develop time management and problem-solving skills, which are the two most important parameters to get a high CAT score.
When to Take CAT 2021 Mock Test?
It is recommended that candidates should analyse their CAT preparation regularly to know their preparation level. They should try to solve at least 1 to 2 CAT Mock Test in a week. However, the frequency for giving mock tests of CAT should be doubled when just two or three months are left for the exam.
Candidates are further advised to give a mock test before starting the preparation of the exam so that they can know to the exam pattern and structure. Answering the CAT Mock Test papers on a regular basis will also help the candidates to build the necessary mental stamina to sit in the exam for 3 hours.
How to take CAT Mock Test?
IIM will release the Mock Tests of CAT on its official website. Candidates may follow the steps provided below to take CAT Mock Test.
- Go to the official website of CAT 2021
- Click on the “CAT Mock Test 2021” tab
- Enter your login details
- You will be redirected to a page containing some instructions.
- Read all the important instructions
- Once done, click on the checkbox and Proceed
- Mock Test of CAT will then appear on the screen
Candidates may also answer mock test papers prepared by Collegedekho. These Mock Test papers are prepared as per the syllabus and exam pattern of CAT exam.
Types of CAT Mock Test
Mock Test papers of CAT are available in three different formats. You can either appear for Full-length Mocks, Topic-wise Mocks or Sectional Mocks.
Full Lenght Mock Test: This type of Mock Test papers will cover all sections. The exam pattern of full length mocks will be the same as that of the CAT exam. Candidates may appear for this type of mock test series once they have completed the whole syllabus.
Topic-Wise Mocks: This type of Mock Test papers is topic-specific. Candidates may select any topic for which they want to give the exam and then they can start answering the questions. This will allow the candidates to understand all types of questions which can be asked in the exam for that particular topic.
Sectional Mocks: Since the CAT exam is divided into three sections, this type of mocks will help the candidates to analyse the performance for one particular section. The sessional mocks are beneficial for the candidates who are not confident about any particular section.
Scoring Pattern of CAT Mock Test
Since the Mock Test papers of CAT are just the replica of CAT exam, it will follow the same marking scheme of CAT. As per the marking scheme of CAT, +3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer while one mark will be deducted for incorrect answer. The marking scheme of CAT Mock Test is Provided below.
CAT Exam Pattern/ CAT Mock Test Pattern 2021
The exam pattern of CAT and exam pattern of Mock test papers will be the same.
- Around 100 questions will be asked in CAT (75 MCQs and 25 Non-MCQs)
- The total duration of CAT is 3 hours. No extra time will be allotted.
- CAT will be divided into 3 sections namely Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (32 questions), Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (34 questions) and Quantitative Ability (34 questions).
- Candidates will not be allowed to switch between sections without completing 60 minutes.
- Maximum time allotted for each section will be 60 minutes.
Solving mock tests helps you target the loopholes in your exam preparation so that you take timely action to be better prepared for the exam day. Cracking CAT 2021 will not be a big deal if you stick to the right preparation strategy and some of the tips mentioned above.
So, hit the bull’s eye, and give your best shot in CAT 2021!
Meanwhile, you can check some articles provided below while preparing for MBA entrance exams.
If you have any doubts, you can consult the experts on the CollegeDekho QnA Zone. Besides this, if you need any admission related assistance, you can call our toll-free number 18005729877 or fill the Common Application Form.