Aug 09, 2017
Oct 18, 2017
Nov 26, 2017
Jan 10, 2018
CAT 2017 - Counselling Updates
Any candidate who is shortlisted for interviews by IIMs will have to comply with the eligibility criteria and verification that involves the following:
- Degree certificates & mark sheet verification – Produce original as well as attested copies of certificates and mark sheets at the time of interviews. If selected, original degree and mark sheets of all semesters or years plus attested copies will have to be submitted at the time of joining.
- Reserved category – Produce original as well as attested copy of ST/SC/NC-OBC/DA certificates at the time of interviews. If selected, original certificates pertaining to reservation category plus attested copies will have to be submitted at the time of joining.
- Final year undergraduate students – Produce an attested copy as well as an original certificate from the Registrar/ Principal/ Director of the institute or university stating that the candidate has obtained 50 percent marks or equivalent (45% in case of reserved category) based on latest grades/marks available. Their admission will be provisional until an original mark sheet and qualifying degree at the bachelor level is submitted before December 31, 2017. If a candidate is unable to submit requisites in time, his/her admission will automatically result in cancellation.
CAT Counselling FAQ
1) Who has a better chance of success at CAT/ Entrance exams – a fresher or a person with work-experience?
There is no factor that determines the success of either a fresher or a working professional. Both have their own advantages and disadvantages. A fresher is more in touch with the academic requirements and prepared for intense learning mode. Whereas, a working professional brings along the real world knowledge and reasoning that is a key requirement to succeed in the entrance exams.
2) What are the timings to contact the Candidate helpdesk?
The FAQs, online guides and videos are designed to enable self-service. You are requested to use these tools which can guide you through the entire process and help answer most of your queries. In case you are still facing issues, then CAT Candidate Helpdesk is available by phone, Monday to Saturday from 9:00AM to 6:00PM. CAT Candidate Helpdesk will be closed on Sundays and on National/Public holidays .