The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Andhra Pradesh and Kovida Limited (Hyderabad) jointly conducted a seminar on “Systems Strengthening for Quality Education and Skills” at AP Secretariat, Amaravati on September 25, 2017. The objective of the seminar was to discuss ideas for improving the quality of education from the basic to a higher level. It also focused on necessary skills which the Indian youth must possess in order to seek better employment opportunities.
According to the discussions carried out by the organisers of the seminar, the system strengthening can be achieved through: -
- Improving analytical capacity to raise system efficiency and delivery
- Ensuring cooperation, coordination and team building
- Developing and improving statutory regulations
- Enhancing delivery capacity
- Developing the capacity building of personnel
The seminar resulted in setting up of the following objectives that must be achieved in order to target improving the quality of education: -
- Achieving district economic growth through skills, education and entrepreneurship
- Ensuring primary school readiness for most marginalised children
- Developing and improving the education standards, skills, students cascading at secondary stage into college and career paths.
- Implementing strategies for the connect departments with a motive to achieve outcomes and field impacts.
- Strengthening and restructuring the administration of District Education Departments.
- Convergence of programmes and policies for productivity
- Improving the Human Development Index (HDI) through education and skills
The seminar was attended by the officials of HRD Ministry of Andhra Pradesh, a few key persons associated with district education departments and the members from Kovida Limited.