Manav Rachna International University, popularly known as MRIU, is all set to usher in a rare and unique, first-of-its-kind industry-academia interface with an event titled Manav Rachna Excellence Award 2017 (#MREA2017).
With its ceaseless and unending commitment towards Academic Excellence as well as Quality Education, Manav Rachna Educational Institutions or MREI has been incessantly carrying forward the legacy of its Founder Visionary Dr. O.P. Bhalla, who not believed in the mantra of ‘creating better human beings’, but also in the inherent greatness of man!
The glittering ceremony scheduled for Sunday, 2nd April 2017 will honour some of the greatest minds in the world of Industry and Sports. The youth of our country which is driven by innovations, creativity and enterprise, will undoubtedly be inspired to take India to unprecedented heights of glory with the Awards in memory of Manav Rachna’s Founder Father Dr. O.P. Bhalla.
The premier #MREA2017 ceremony will be hosted by Manav Rachna on the second and final day of the ‘National Conference on Autonomy of Education’ where the Chief Guest on the august occasion would be Honourable Governor of Haryana, Shri Kaptan Singh Solanki.
The Five Stalwarts who would be honoured for the first time on a single platform in what is poised to be a milestone event in Manav Rachna’s 20 year sojourn will include:
- Shri Rajan Nanda, Chairman & MD, Escorts Group for Lifetime Achievement
- Shri R. C. Bhargava, Chairman, Maruti Suzuki for National Building
- Shri Dinesh Sarraf, Chairman & MD, ONGC for Corporate & Industry
- Ms. Shradha Suri, MD, Subros Group for Young Leader
- Ms. Pusarla Venkata Sindhu for her exemplary contribution as the 'Sports Icon of India’
The amazing congregation is bound to create history in Manav Rachna’s 20 year saga!
In the run up to the event, a Search Committee headed by Padma Shri Dr. Pritam Singh held a meeting which was attended by the who’s who of the industry and academia comprising of:
- Mr. S.K. Roongta, Former Chairman, Steel Authority of India
- Mr. S.Y. Siddiqui, Chief Mentor, Maruti Suzuki
- Prof. Dr. Anand Prakash, Dean, International Relations—Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Delhi
- Dr. Umesh Rai, Professor, Department of Zoology, University of Delhi
- Dr. Sanjay Srivastava, MD, Manav Rachna Educational Institutions
As per the deliberations of the committee members, the awardees were primarily decided through opinion polls of a sample consisting of about 700 stakeholders. The Search Committee, post the deliberation of the results of the opinion polls and the achievements of the concerned candidates finally agreed upon and recommended the nominees for the award of Manav Rachna Excellence Award 2017.