National Council of Teachers Education (NCTE) introduced the Best Teacher Educator Award to recognise Educators from all over the country for their unique teaching techniques. A grant of Rs. 25,000 would be awarded to selected teachers for their pedagogy methods. A team of eminent education specialists would be shortlisting the final candidates of the award. Entries for the award can be made online via the application portal on the website of NCTE to maintain transparency in the system.
The main motive of NCTE and the Ministry of Human Resource & Development is to honour educators of the country for their exceptional work and practices. This initiative would also motivate young educators to enhance their teaching skills.
The application procedure for Best Teacher Educators Award - 2019 started on 15th July and will be ending on the 16th of August and a total of 20 Diploma Level Teachers and Degree Level Teachers would be selected on the national level for the Award for their exceptional work. Teachers would have submitted certain proof of their academic works while completing the application like - field trips, reports of activities, videos or audios of the teaching exercise, etc.
Also Read: NCTE Launches Degree Verification Portal
Eligibility Criteria for Best Teacher Educator Award 2019
The eligibility criteria for the NCTE Best Teacher Educator Award is as follows:
- Applicants must be teaching in an NCTE recognized education institute
- Teacher Educator must have a 10+ year of experience in teaching
- Educators have to briefly explain 2 or more teaching technique of their own
- The maximum age limit of the Educator could be 55 years
- Recommendation letter by two academic educators is mandatory
- Principal, Head of Department or Dean of the institution must forward the candidature of the Educator.
This is a good opportunity for Teachers and Educators to get the honour of being the best in their field and they must apply for the same before the 16th of August for successful submission of application.