The number of students who have been paid under Post Graduate (P.G) Scholarship for Professional Courses under different categories has been announced by the UGC. These categories are mentioned below:
- SC/ST candidates
- P.G.Scholarship for GATE/GPAT qualified students for pursuing M.Tech/M.E./M.Pharma
- Indira Gandhi P.G. Scholarship for Single Girl Child
- P.G. Scholarship for University Rank Holders
- Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region
According to the list, below are the stats released by UGC:
Also, under Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) during 2015-16, 21,588 beneficiaries were enrolled and a total of Rs.543.58 crore was given out. Also, the students did not have to face any delay from UGC’s side.
Although, there maybe a certain delay in some cases due to the below-mentioned reasons:
- In case the candidates have joined late
- In case there was delay in submitting documents to the bank branch on the student’s side.
- In case there was delay in uploading of documents by the student
- Technical problems in Public Financial Management System (PFMS).
Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey, Minister of State (HRD), mentioned this in his written reply regarding the same to a Lok Sabha question.