- News byStream
UGC Announces Number of Students Paid Under PG Scholarship for Professional Courses
The number of students who have been paid under Post Graduate (P.G) Scholarship for Professional Courses under different categories has been announced by the UGC. These categories are mentioned below:
- SC/ST candidates
- P.G.Scholarship for GATE/GPAT qualified students for pursuing M.Tech/M.E./M.Pharma
- Indira Gandhi P.G. Scholarship for Single Girl Child
- P.G. Scholarship for University Rank Holders
- Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region
According to the list, below are the stats released by UGC:
Also, under Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) during 2015-16, 21,588 beneficiaries were enrolled and a total of Rs.543.58 crore was given out. Also, the students did not have to face any delay from UGC’s side.
Although, there maybe a certain delay in some cases due to the below-mentioned reasons:
- In case the candidates have joined late
- In case there was delay in submitting documents to the bank branch on the student’s side.
- In case there was delay in uploading of documents by the student
- Technical problems in Public Financial Management System (PFMS).
Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey, Minister of State (HRD), mentioned this in his written reply regarding the same to a Lok Sabha question.
Thanks to the digital mode of communication, even bad weather condition cannot force away the recruiting companies from ...
Now that the CAT exam is over, you must be wondering what will be the cutoffs of the top B-schools and which colleges ...