- News byStream
UPSC Exam Update:Change in Syllabus and Pattern
Union Public Service Commission committee changed the syllabus and exam pattern for Engineering Services Exam.
Engineering Services Exam will also have Pre and Mains Exam according to the new syllabus.
Engineering services Examination ESE conducted by Union Public Service Commission,now, has a new syllabus and exam pattern which will be effective from 2017. The candidates have to appear for the Pre and Main exam. Those who will qualify the Pre exam, will become eligible for the Mains. Final merit list will be generated after the Personality Test.
Up till now Five papers of ESI were conducted. In 2017, Pre-exams are going to be held in the month of January, which will followed by the Mains in June. These exams are being conducted for the Engineering graduates for the recruitment in Indian Engineering services. The graduates coming from different streams of Engineering civil,mechanical, electrical,telecom engineering and electronics appear for the ESE exam.
For the Pre exam:
• The exam will be of 500 marks constituting Two Papers.
• The questions will be of objective type.
• Paper 1 will be of Two hours and it will cover General study and Engineering Aptitude sections. It will carry 200 marks.
• Paper 2 will be of Three hours and questions based on different disciplines of Engineering will be asked. It will of 300 marks.
For Mains exam:
• Mains exam will carry 600 marks and it will include two subjective papers.
• Paper 1 will be for three hours and it will carry 300 marks. Questions will be based on Engineering discipline.
• Paper 2 will be for three hours and it will carry 600 marks.
Subjects that have been added
This time, UPSC added some of the subjects
- Engineering mathematics
- Basics of project management
- Material science
- Basics of designing and basics of planning.
The subjects which have been removed from the syllabus are
- Life sciences
The candidates qualifying Pre and Mains exam have to appear for the personality test which will carry 200 marks.
Union HRD Minister Shri Prakash Javadekar inaugurated the one-day National Consultation on Revised Accreditation ...
One of the most popular course choice after Engineering and Medical is Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) programmes. With ...