The CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) has opened online applications from 2017 Class X pass outs (girls), who studied in schools affiliated to CBSE for scholarship schemes. The following are the two scholarship schemes for which CBSE is inviting online applications:
- Renewal of Online Applications – CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child Class X Pass Award 2016
- Fresh Applications – CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child Plus 2 Studies (2017)
Rules & Regulations for the Scholarship Scheme:
- The female applicants must have more than 60 Percent or 6.2 CGPA in Class X exams 2017.
- These girls must have studied Class X in schools affiliated to CBSE.
- The tuition fees of the school in which the student studied must not exceed Rs. 1,500 per month.
- NRI (Non-Resident Indian) students can also register for the scholarship scheme, and the monthly fee of these students must not exceed Rs. 6,000 per month.
- While applying online, the students must keep their Class X Hall Ticket Number and Certificate Number ready. These applicants must enter these details in the application form.
- After the registration, take the printout of the application form (at least two copies).
According to official notification of CBSE, November 15, 2017, is the deadline for fresh registrations and renewals for scholarship scheme. Similarly, the applicants must send the printout or hard copy of application form to CBSE by November 30, 2017. Applicants can coordinate with school managements regarding the same.