Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The University of Delhi is planning to bring various changes to streamline the admission process. The varsity has invited suggestions from public to strengthen DU Admissions for 2020-21 academic year so that the entire process is more student-friendly and transparent. DU Dean (Admissions) has uploaded an online form regarding the same on the official website.
The form was uploaded on the website on December 21 and will be available till January 5, 2020.
Suggestions Received by DU from Parents, Students and Teachers
Here are some of the major suggestions received by Delhi University from parents, teachers and students regarding changes in DU admission process –
- Delhi University must provide a Digital Locker for students to keep original certificates. Submission of original certificates should not be necessary.
- DU must not allow students to change college after the final list is out and commencement of classes.
- The varsity must conduct counselling for students who are confused about choosing the right course.
- DU must implement a new rule that allows only students who studied a language in Class 12 to apply for UG language courses.
- DU must allow students to change college and subject only three times (if necessary).
- DU must come up with an easy and simple registration process. Some parents and students also asked the varsity to implement pre-registration.
- DU has to consider merit (Class 12 marks) and entrance test marks for admissions.
- The varsity must publish a disclaimer in the DU online application form for provisional admission against unfair means and forgery.
- DU must increase the time gap between the announcement of admission notification and the release of the first cutoff list.
- DU must give more than three days for students to apply to various colleges. Students from outside Delhi may benefit from this move.
- The varsity must conduct a centralized admission process for OBC, ST and SC students to save time.
Also Read: DU Introduces New Courses in 20 Colleges
Delhi University will soon take a call on various suggestions received from students, parents, and teachers.
For the latest updates on DU admissions 2020, stay tuned to CollegeDekho.