Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology - MANIT, Bhopal has initiated the application process for the different Ph.D. programmes (even semester). The admission to the MANIT Bhopal Ph.D. courses is divided into three broad categories which include full-time research students, sponsored, and project staff.
MANIT Departments Offering Ph.D. Programmes:
The following departments at MANIT are offering admission to Ph.D. programmes even semester:
|Computer Science and Engineering||Architecture & Planning|
|Chemical Engineering||Management Studies|
|Electronics & Communications Engineering||Chemistry|
|Electrical Engineering||Energy Centre|
|Materials & Metallurgical Engineering||Humanities and Social Science|
|Biological Science & Engineering||-|
MANIT Bhopal Ph.D. Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must have a master's degree in the relevant field with a minimum 75% aggregate from a recognised university/institute along with 65% aggregate/ 6.5 CGPA in the bachelor's degree.
- For reserved category students (SC/ ST/ PwD) there is a relaxation of 5%.
- Candidates should have a valid GATE/ NET score.
- Engineering Ph.D. Eligibility: Candidates must have a postgraduate degree in Engineering with a minimum of 75% marks or 7.5 CGPA and GATE qualified.
- Sciences Ph.D. Eligibility: Must have a valid master's degree in Sciences/ Engineering with a minimum of 75% marks or 7.5 CGPA and NET/GATE qualified
- Humanities and Social Sciences Ph.D. Eligibility: Master's degree in Humanities / Social Sciences with a minimum of 75% marks or 7.5 CGPA and NET qualified.
- Management Ph.D. Eligibility: Candidate must have a masters degree in Management /Engineering with 75% aggregate or 7.5 CGPA NET/ GATE qualified.
MANIT Bhopal Ph.D. Fees:
The fees for the Ph.D. programmes at MANIT is Rs. 38,754. This includes tuition and other expenses. However, charges such as hostel fees and maintenance charges are not included in the same. Hostel facility at the institute is available to all postgraduate students.
MANIT Bhopal Ph.D. Application Procedure:
- The application form is available on the official website of the institute and students can download the same.
- Applicants are required to submit the completed form along with the processing fees of Rs.1,500 for general category and Rs.1000 for reserved category. It should be submitted to the Assistant Registrar Academic, MANIT Bhopal
- The processing fee is non-refundable.
MANIT Bhopal Ph.D. Selection Procedure:
- Selection of the candidate will be on the basis of the written test organized by the institute.
- For each department, admission test of two hours consisted of three different sections will be organized.
- Section 1 will consist of English, Section 2 will have questions from Mathematical Ability and Section 3 will be regarding the concerned subject.
- Section 3 will only be evaluated by the Institute if a candidate manages to score minimum marks (40 marks) in Section 1 and 2.
- There is no negative marking in the written test.