- News byStream
IIM-Kozhikode Completes 20 years of Academia
Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode (IIM-K) has completed 20 years of academia on August 21, 2016. Celebrations were held and 21st Foundation Day Lecture was delivered by Prof. Pankaj Chandra, Chairman, Board of Management, Ahmedabad University and former director, IIM Bangalore.
An exhibition presenting the 20-year journey of the institute in the direction of academic excellence was also inaugurated on Sunday.
IIM Kozhikode was founded in 1996 and was the fifth installment among the Indian Institutes of Management by the government of India. The institute has come a long way since then and has excelled in all sphere such as programs, activities, intellectual output, the level of students, infrastructure, and other resources.
Initially, the institute started with a batch of 42 students in its post graduate program (PGP) in 1997. In 2016, a total of 384 students have enrolled in PGP. A significant increase of nine times has been observed in the past 20 years, counting IIM-Kozhikode amongst the best Indian business schools.
Director of IIM Kozhikode, Prof. Kulbhushan Balooni said that the ever since the establishment, the community of the institute has been working hard to lead the institutes among the best Indian colleges. He also said that they will continue to work hard and reach the utmost academic excellence.
Some remarkable achievements of the institute:
- Establishing the Centre of Excellence in collaboration with Government of Kerala. The center helps Scheduled Castes / Tribes students to excel in aspects where they lag as compared to the rest of the students, such as communication skills and personality development.
- Initiated Interactive Distance Learning for working executives in India
- Got accredited AMBA, London for PGP and Executive PGP
- The number of women enrolled in the institute has risen up to over 30%.
- Founded the first Indian Business Museum in 2013 that recognizes the input of India's business leaders who helped in developing the corporate sector of India.
The Institute is now mentoring IIM Amritsar, the 15th IIM that started its second batch in 2016.
The core committee for the CBCS (Choice Based Credit System), Delhi University has recommended starting lessons on ...
B.Tech CSE/ IT and BCA are probably the two most popular courses amongst IT aspirants. Information Technology being one ...