Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The Union Budget 2022 will be presented by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on February 01, 2022. The Union Budget will also include the budget dedicated to the education sector. Since last year's budget encountered a reduction of 6% in the annual education budget, the hopes of the education sector for this year are at their peak. As of last year, the Union Budget for the Education sector was reduced from INR 99,311 crore in 2020 to INR 93,224 crore in 2021. The Union Budget 2022 for Education will be introduced by the Finance Minister which will uncover various highlights of the annual spending plan.
Listed on the following page are some of the expectations that the Education Sector has with the Union Budget 2022.
What The Education Sector Expects From Union Budget 2022
Listed below are some of the points regards to what the Education sector expects from Union Budget 2022:
- It is expected that at least 8%-9% of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is allocated to the Education sector. This is because there is a requirement for more GDP for primary, secondary, and higher education. Not only this but there is also the need to come up with schemes which enhance the skills of the students outside the basic education and prepare them for their future employment.
- It is also expected that the Union Budget 2022 for the Education sector should be increased by 50%. Since the past two years have seen a reduction of 15% for the education budget even after it is one of the most vital sectors of the economy.
- The budget should also focus on skills development for the students. In our current education system, there is more emphasis on marks & examinations which neglects the skill development requirements. Hence, it is important to include skill development as a major part of the curriculum in order to enhance & promote skills in our country.
- There should be an emphasis on cognitive abilities, communication skills, interpersonal skills, and logical thinking. These should be the priority element.
- The Union Budget should also imply a tighter control on the Education Technology companies. There are many people who take up expensive courses which have no value in the marketplace. Not only this but students are also taking up some of the irrelevant courses just for the trend. It is expected to be included not only in the budget but only in the government policy.
Whether or not these expectations will be filled will be only cleared after the final Union Budget 2022 is announced.
For more updates on the union budget and the education sector, stay tuned to College Dekho!