The registration process of JEE Main 2020 (Joint Entrance Examination 2020) has commenced today, i.e. 3rd September 2019, Tuesday, from 11 a.m. The JEE Main 2020 registration was delayed and it will be done only in the online mode. The National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting the JEE Main 2020 like every year.
The NTA has changed the exam pattern of JEE Main 2020, hence the national level competitive examination for engineering will not be conducted exactly as it was in the previous years. Now onwards, apart from the two examinations that were taken for admitting students to the courses of B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) and B.Arch (Bachelor of Architecture), one more exam will be conducted under JEE Main 2020 for admission to the B.Plan (Bachelors in Planning) course. As per the NTA, B.Plan has been given approval by the JEE Apex Board (JAB).
JEE Main 2020 is to be held from 6th January 2020 to 11th January 2020 and the second exam will be from 3rd April 2020 to 9th April 2020. Applications for JEE Main 2020 (first exam) will be accepted till 30th September 2019, Monday.
JEE Main 2020 New Paper Pattern
Some changes that are going to be made in the exam pattern of JEE Main 2020. The NTA has decided to bring about some alterations in order to make the exam more convenient for students. The changes made in JEE Main 2020 exam pattern are given below.
- The total number of questions asked in the examination has been reduced from 30 to 25.
- Out of the 25 questions, 20 will be the usual multiple choice type questions (MCQs) and 5 will be numerical type.
- Equal weightage will be given to Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Each question will carry four marks.
- Negative marking will be done in the objective section. One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The numerical questions will not have negative marking and students will be awarded zero marks if their answer is wrong.
- The aptitude test will be of a total of 200 marks.
- The drawing test in the B.Arch exam will have 2 questions instead of 3 now.
- Total marks of the JEE Main 2020 B.Arch drawing test will remain to be 100.
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The NTA has also released the eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2020 on its official website. It is essential for all candidates applying for JEE Main 2020 to qualify the eligibility criteria. It is inevitable that students failing to do so will not be permitted to sit for the exam. The JEE Main 2020 eligibility criteria are given below.
JEE Main 2020 B.Tech Eligibility Criteria
- The student must have scored at least 75 per cent marks in class 12th or he/ she must have a place among the top twenty percentile of the boards.
- The candidates belonging to the categories of SC and ST have been given a relaxation of 10 per cent and thus, they must have at least 65 per cent marks.
- The class 12th subjects of the student must include Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- Apart from Maths, the student must have any one of these subjects in class 12th- Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Technical Vocational Subject.
JEE Main 2020 B.Arch Eligibility Criteria
- The student must have completed higher secondary education from the science stream.
- The student should have a minimum of 50 percent marks in aggregate in 12th boards.
- The marks scored by the student in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics must not be less than 50 percent.
JEE Main 2020 B.Plan Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must have cleared his/ her qualifying examination with 50 percent marks taken in aggregate.
- The student must have a minimum of 50 percent marks in Mathematics.
- Students who belong to the Commerce stream and have Mathematics as a subject are also eligible for applying for the course.
JEE Main is one of the most popular competitive examinations of the country and every year lakhs of students appear for the exam to get admission in the best engineering colleges of India.