- News byStream
Railway Officers to be Equipped with MBA Degree
An MBA degree, with a specialisation, is a must for the new joining officers of Indian Railway- this is what the largest national transporter of the nation is planning as per its fresh manpower upgrade move. It is the first-of-its-kind move for any railway system in the world.
Vadodara-based National Academy of Indian Railways (NAIR) has prepared the new curriculum in co-operation with Maharaja Sayajirao University (MSU) based in Gujarat. The training modules of 78 weeks duration would be prepared by the University and help in imparting the MBA degree. The move came at a time when Prime Minister Narendra Modi is planning to set up a Rail University.
The salient features of the move-
- New recruits of three Group A Services - Indian Railway Stores Service, Personnel Service and Accounts Service, will be the first batch to follow the new curriculum starting from next month in Vadodara.
- It would also give the private players get the same training as railwaymen.
- The MBA programme has been prepared while keeping in mind the rigours of a professional MBA programme and the main focus will be on the training of railway officers.
- The final goal is to get recruits of all the nine services on board.
- The course concludes with industry training in subjects each recruit specialises in.
The first Rail University is coming up after upgradations of National Academy of Indian Railways. Several rounds of discussions are going on in this regard between Rail Bhawan and NITI Aayog.
An official update from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) indicated that a total number of 23 new examination ...
Fashion Designing is one of the most promising and attractive fields for those students who are artistically creative ...