- DU Journalism and Mass Comm Entrance Exam Dates 2022
- DU Journalism and Mass Comm Application Process 2022
- Admission Requirements for DU Journalism and Mass Communication Course 2022
- DU Journalism Entrance Exam for B A Hons and BJ+MJ …
- Required Documents for DU Integrated Journalism Course Entrance Exam 2022
- DU B A Multimedia & Mass Communication and BJ+MJ Integrated …
- Seat Matrix for DU Journalism Admission via Entrance test for …
- DU Colleges Offering B A (Hons) in Journalism and Mass …
- Career Options after Studying Journalism & Mass Communication / Mass …
- Completing the journalism course from Delhi university-affiliated college has its …
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Journalism, Mass Communication or Mass Media is a very underrated course. However, in recent years, it has emerged as one of the top courses in India. The field which was considered as one of the offbeat courses 10 years ago has now become immensely popular and is giving a tough competition to the mainstream courses.
Candidates from across the country want to secure seats in this course at the prestigious Delhi University. There is a lot of rush when it comes to BA (Honours) in Journalism and Mass Communication. As per statistics, this course has received the most number of applications according to seat availability. A good number of candidates have applied for seats at DU for Mass Comm.
Further, interested candidates must appear for the entrance exam conducted by DU. Candidates may find the dates, application process, eligibility criteria, selection process. Check the details down below
DU Journalism and Mass Comm Entrance Exam Dates 2022
The official notification for DU Journalism and Mass Comm is not yet released. Still, here's a tentative schedule for the exam:
Admit Card Releases
Entrance Exam Date
3rd week of September 2022
To be Announced
DU Journalism and Mass Comm Application Process 2022
The application process for the 5 years UG-PG Integrated course in Journalism at Delhi School of Journalism is done as per the bachelor's degree admissions in the University of Delhi.
- The students who want to take admissions in the integrated journalism course under Delhi University have to register themselves through the application form of Delhi University and choose ‘Delhi School of Journalism’ as their preference and then pay the application fees.
- After that, an admit card is issued to the student for sitting in the entrance test of the Integrated Journalism course admissions in the Delhi School of Journalism.
Admission Requirements forDU Journalism and Mass Communication Course 2022
- The candidates shall be admitted to the course, through a national-level written entrance test for Journalism conducted by the University of Delhi.
- Separate tests will be conducted for English Medium and Hindi Medium.
- Students have to secure 50% in Class 12th in any stream to be considered eligible to apply for the journalism entrance test.
- The entrance test will be conducted to evaluate the candidate's proficiency in Current Affairs, General Knowledge, Analytical Skills, and Comprehension Skills.
- The entrance test will be composed of a similar standard of competitive exams at the national level for Class 12 students.
- In the entrance test, there will be an MCQ section of 400 marks having 100 questions worth 4 marks each. There will be a negative marking of 1 mark for every wrong answer.
- The admission will be done entirely based on the National Level Journalism Entrance Test conducted by DU.
- Reservation and other exclusions are applicable according to the Delhi University rules.
DU Journalism Entrance Exam for B A Hons and BJ+MJ Integrated course 2022
Cutoff Based Admission in B A Honors in Journalism and Mass Communication in DU
For admissions in the B A (Honours) courses at the University of Delhi, the university does not conduct any examinations or entrance tests. A total of 7 colleges under the University of Delhi conduct the course on the campus. The admissions to the DU Journalism and Mass Communication course are dependent on the cutoff released by a college for admissions. If the students’ best of four aggregate complements the cutoff released by a particular college, then the student is eligible to take admission in that DU affiliated college.
However, for the B A Honors in Multimedia and Mass Communication specialization, the DUET (Delhi University entrance Test) is conducted.
Entrance Based Admissions in UG+PG (BJ+MJ) Integrated Course of Journalism in DU
However, the Delhi University (DU) conducts entrance examinations for admissions to the Integrated Journalism course of five years which has been introduced recently in the university. The course is conducted at the Delhi School of Journalism. The 5 years’ course consists of a bachelors’ and a master's degree. The students are awarded a BJ (Bachelor of Journalism) and MJ (Masters of Journalism) degree after the completion of the course.
Required Documents for DU Integrated Journalism Course Entrance Exam 2022
The candidate should have the documents for Delhi University Admissions 2022 handy in hard copy as well as in scanned copies. The applicants will be asked to upload the prescribed list of documents along with the Delhi University Application Form 2022 for the Delhi School of Journalism during the online registration process. The required documents are as follows:
- Class X Certificate/Mark Sheet
- Class XII Provisional or Original Certificate/Mark Sheet
- Recent Character Certificate from the previous institute
- Recent Passport Size Photograph
- Scanned Signature of the candidate
- Transfer or Migration Certificate
- OBC Non-Creamy Layer Certificate (if applicable)
- Any ST, SC certificate (Only for the candidates who belong to the backward categories)
- PwD Certificate (For people who have Physical Disabilities)
- Income Certificate (OBC-Non Creamy Layer)
- Kashmir Migrant Certificate (Only for Kashmiri Migrant Quota if the student is recognized as one)
- ECA Distinction or Sports Category Certificate
- Educational Concession Certificate (For Only CW Quota)
For more Document related Queries for admissions in Delhi University, Follow this link
DU B A Multimedia & Mass Communication and BJ+MJ Integrated Entrance Results 2022
The students who will appear for any of the examinations can check their results and ranks on the results website of NTA (National Testing Agency) and find out ‘Five Year Integrated Course in Journalism (English/Hindi)’ or B.A. (Honours) Multimedia and Mass Communication’ based on whatever applicable. the candidate has to visit the Results portal of NTA or head to ntaobjection.cbtexam.in:8080/result/ListOfMasterQps.aspx. Besides the course names, there will be a link called ‘results’ the candidate has to click on that to get the Results PDF file.
Seat Matrix for DU Journalism Admission via Entrance test for BJ+MJ Integrated course 2022
The seat matrix in the Delhi School of Journalism is set by Delhi University and the Government of India policies. The total number of seats in BJ+MJ is 60+60 with additional Supernumerary Seats which are offered according to the demand of the situation to accommodate the students who are physically disabled, wards of army and defense personnel, and foreign students.
Total Number of Seats
60 + 60
09 + 09
30 + 30
PwD (Person With Disability) Category
03 + 03
OBC (Other Backward Class) Category
16 + 16
CW (Children of War) Category
03 + 03
SC (Scheduled Caste) Category
09 + 09
Foreign Students Category
03 + 03
ST (Schedule Tribe) Category
05 + 05
DU Colleges Offering B A (Hons) in Journalism and Mass Media / Communication 2022
There are currently 7 DU colleges that offer the B A (Hons) in Journalism course across 306 seats in total. The colleges are as follows,
- Delhi College of Arts and Commerce
- Bharati College
- Kalindi College
- Institute of Home Economics
- Kamala Nehru College
- Lady Shri Ram College
- Maharaja Agrasen College
Including the Delhi School of Journalism which offers 5 years integrated course in Journalism at the Bachelors's and Masters's levels.
Career Options after Studying Journalism & Mass Communication / Mass Media
With the inception of digital media platforms, India has seen a revolution in the sector of Mass Communication. The sector is creating a lot of jobs in the creative domain and the people who have an interest in media and mass communication are joining the mass communication courses in large numbers not only in the University of Delhi but also in the other premier public and private universities across the country. These courses offer a lot of scope in terms of jobs in corporate, public relations, journalism, film/tv production, advertisements, etc. In the era of social media where communication and information are the two factors that are shaping society and country, a mass communication graduate has a plethora of opportunities.
Completing the journalism course from Delhi university-affiliated college has its benefits. More than 20 national media houses have their headquarters in Delhi for their smooth running, they require a lot of trained personnel who have an understanding of the subject for working in the industry. Not only Media Houses but more than 100 advertising firms, public relations (PR) agencies, and event management houses have their headquarters in Delhi.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for more such articles!