Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The IIT’s Joint Entrance Examinations is one of the toughest engineering entrance examinations in India. And why not, it guarantees admission to the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology (IIT's) across India. JEE Mains gets you admission into the top engineering colleges in India like the National Institute of Technology (NIT) and other centrally funded technical institutions.
JEE Advanced is the only exam that one needs to take to get admission to IIT's.
CollegeDekho congratulates all the students who cleared JEE Mains 2016 and are now appearing for JEE Advanced 2016 to be conducted on Sunday, May 22, 2016.
With JEE Advanced just around the corner, the pressure must be mounting on students. Time management and strategy are two important aspects which students should follow in order to succeed.
CollegeDekho brings all you 2016 JEE Advanced aspirants the last minute tips and tricks to crack IIT JEE.
Subject-wise tips to crack the JEE Advanced
- Practice and pay attention on topics like complex numbers, vectors, 3-D and Definite integral.
- In Differential calculus, one should specialise in solving roots of equations, with the utilisation of Rolle's and Lagrange's theorems.
- In algebra, one must excel in Permutation-Combination and Probability.
- Also practice Simplify Integral calculus using some basic varieties of integrable functions. Try to keep the properties in mind while using them to complete solutions on time.
- Excelling in Coordinate geometry depends on proper knowledge of parametric forms of various conic sections.
- Improve your focus with respect to topics such as conceptual clarity, application skills and awareness to the prescribed syllabus.
- Stress more on topics such as Mole concept, Chemical Equilibrium and Electrochemistry.
- Practice Organic chemistry more while improving your hold on topics like Stereochemistry, GOC (General Organic Chemistry) and Functional Group Analysis.
- Pay extra attention to topics like Chemical Bonding and Coordination Chemistry as they are highly conceptual.
- A vast part of JEE (Advanced ) consists of questions related to physics and is also important in terms of marks.
- Some of the scoring topics in Physics include Optics, Electricity and Magnetism, etc.
- Some subjects which require extra attention constitute Kinematics and Particle dynamics. These are important parts of Mechanics and are regularly witnessed in JEE papers.
Some Physics topics which were a part of 2015 JEE papers are mentioned below:
- Mechanics and Electricity and Magnetism (equal importance)
- Modern Physics
- Heat, Thermodynamics and Waves and Sound
- Measurement and errors
Things to keep in mind:
- Practice a lot to improve your skills but do take short breaks at regular intervals to freshen your mind.
- Practice previous years' IIT-JEE papers and pay special emphasis on various concepts.
- Revise all the important formulae and concepts the day before the exam.
- Ensure that you sleep for at least eight hours a day before the exam.
- During the exam do rough work in a systematic manner. Rough work should be organised. It helps you avoid mistakes while copying the responses.
- Try to give equal time to each of PCM (Physics-Chemistry-Mathematics) subjects during the exam.
- Do not stick to one particular question for a long time. If you are unable to crack it immediately, leave that question and move on to the next.
- On the exam day, be careful enough to reach the test centre at least 30 minutes before the exam.
- In the exam, do the easier questions first and leave the tougher ones for later on.
- Drink adequate water during the exam. Attempt the paper with a calm mind.
And last but not the least, Don’t worry if the exam seems tough, its tough for everyone else too!!
Believe in yourself and attempt it like there is no tomorrow.
CollegeDekho wishes you All the Best!