- Articles byStream
Tips to Ace the Graduate Aptitude Test (GATE)
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering popularly known as GATE, is a national level examination which is conducted for admissions to the M. Tech, M.E courses at the IITs, NITs, GFTIs, private universities and private institutes.
GATE is normally conducted by one of the Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) or Indian Institute of Sciebnce Bangalore (IISc) on January and February every year. GATE 2016 was held for a total of 23 papers inclusive of a new one - Petroleum Engineering. GATE 2016 was organized by the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc) and administered in association with the
- Seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)
- The National Coordination Board – GATE
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
- Department of Higher Education and the Government of India
GATE 2016 zonal centres:
- Indian Institute of Science Bangalore - The Organizing Institute for GATE 2016
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
GATE Exam - How to Ace it?
- Time matters a lot. So, reach at least an hour before the exam. It will help you stay focused and calm.
- Don’t forget your wrist watch. Keep track of time when giving the exam.
- Water Bottle. You do not want to feel dehydrated when giving the exam because if usually distracts one’s mind and you do not want that during an exam/
- Keep pencil, eraser, and sharpener with you. Keep the whole pencil pouch with you. These are your weapons during the battle that is exam so, go in there prepared.
- No heavy breakfast. It can make you feel sleepy during the exam and you do not want that.
- Wear comfortable clothes. Be comfortable, no need to wear clothes that makes you conscious or uneasy.
GATE 2016 scores will be valid for 3 years from the date of announcement of the GATE results 2016. The exam will be held in 8 sessions on different dates as given with provision for a buffer session to be held in case of unforeseen circumstances.
Changes in GATE 2016:
- Online Calculator provided - Candidates will have to use the virtual online calculator that will be provided during the exam. Physical calculators will not be allowed.
- Revised Syllabus - The GATE Syllabus has been revised. Students must check the revised GATE syllabus for 2016.
- New Paper - A new Paper has been introduced from GATE 2016 namely Petroleum Engineering
- Provision of GATE Answer Key - The GATE 2016 Answer Key will be provided after the exam is over for candidates to check. They can challenge the GATE 2016 Answer Key on payment of a nominal fee for a specific period of time.
GATE 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
|Eligible Qualifying Degree||Eligibility basis academic year of passing||Year of Qualification cannot be later than|
|B.E./B.Tech/ B.Arch/ B.Pharm. (4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2016|
|B.S (Post-Diploma/ 4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2016|
|M.Sc./M.A./ MCA or equivalent||Currently in the final year or already completed||2016|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech
(Post BSc) (Four year programme)
|Currently in the 2nd/3rd/4th year or already completed||2016|
|Integrated M.E./M.Tech or 5 year Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2) -||Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed||2016|
|Integrated M. Sc/
Integrated 5 year B.S.-M.S.
|Currently in the final year or already completed||2016|
|Completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses||2016|
Note: Candidates must submit the Certificate from Principal duly signed and stamped as per specifications.
GATE 2016 Exam Pattern:
The GATE Paper comprises of two types of questions - Multiple Choice Questions and Numerical Questions. Multiple Choice Questions will have a correct answer from four options given while Numerical Questions have to be calculated and answered with the help of a keypad. The GATE 2016 Question Paper will be designed to test students on their comprehension and application skills, recall as well as analytical abilities.
It may be noted that General Aptitude Questions are compulsory for all papers and will carry questions for 15 marks.
There will be Negative marking in GATE 2016 for the Multiple Choice Questions only. There will be a deduction of 1/3 marks for every wrong answer to a 1-mark multiple-choice question and 2/3 marks for every wrong answer to the 2 mark questions.
There will be no negative marking for numerical questions.
GATE 2016 Important Dates:
- Online Enrolment: 1st September, 2015
- Last Date for Online Application Submission: 8th October, 2015
- Request for Change in the Choice of City : 20th November, 2015
- Download of Admit Card: 28th December, 2015
- GATE 2015 Examination: 30th and 31st January, 2016 and 6th and 7th February, 2016
- Timings: Forenoon: 9.00 AM to 12.00 Noon, Afternoon: 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM
- Result Announcement: 19th March, 2016
Source: Falguni Goswami
Falguni is the Head of TestPrep Division at CollegeDekho and is also an expert in Career Counselling.
MAT 2017 computer based test (CBT) was conducted on February 11, 2017, by AIMA. Over 20000 candidates appeared for ...
Gurgaon’s Tanmay Pathak has outperformed all candidates in the UCEED exam 2017. Tanmay topped the exam with 224 ...