Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is on his visit to India.While we are all besotted with his creation, lets try to gather few insights on also the person he is!!
Interesting & lesser known facts about Mark Zuckerberg.
- Together with his college roommates and fellow Harvard University students Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes, Mark launched Facebook from Harvard University's dormitory rooms.
- As CEO of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg draws merely $1 annual salary.
- He was Time magazine's Person of the Year in 2010. He achieved another milestone in 2013, when Facebook made the Fortune 500 list for the first time. At the age of 28, Zuckerberg was the youngest CEO on the list.
- In 2007, at the age of 23, Zuckerberg became a billionaire as a result of Facebook's success. He was ranked 785 on the world's billionaires list.
- In October 2014, Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan donated $25 million to combat the ebola virus disease, specifically the ebola virus epidemic in West Africa. Zuckerberg has pledged to donate at least half of his wealth in his lifetime.
- Zuckerberg declined all the job offers by companies like Microsoft and AOL. These companies approached him for job even before he graduated high school.
- He suffers from red-green colorblindness and sees the colour blue best. Have you ever wondered why Facebook is all blue? The blue colour holds high importance for Zuckerberg.
- Zuckerberg wears the same gray Facebook T-shirt almost every day to work. He says that he's busy and this uniform saves his time in the morning.
- Born to Jewish parents, Zuckerberg is an atheist.
- In college, he was known for reciting lines from epic poems such as The Iliad
- As per a report in Business Insider, Zuckerberg does not own a TV.
- Zuckerberg's favourite musicians include Daft Punk and Lady Gaga. As per his Facebook profile, he is proficient in French, Hebrew, Latin, and ancient Greek. He recently gave a speech in Chinese.
- Zuckerberg is a vegetarian. He once said that he would he eat the meat if he killed the animal himself.
- On May 19, 2012, Zuckerberg and Chan married in Zuckerberg's backyard in an event. On July 31, 2015, Zuckerberg announced that he and Chan were expecting a baby girl.