- Articles byStream
Find Out What A Business Administrator Does
A career in the field of administration of an organization or company is one of the most interesting career paths. There are ample opportunities in every sector of the industry for this profession. A Business Administrator has to play diverse roles. The job demands one to organize, plan, direct, analyze and evaluate business functions that are necessary for efficient and productive operations in an organization. It also refers to the bureaucratic or operational performance of routine office tasks, usually internally oriented. Business Administrators, broadly speaking, engage in a common set of functions to meet the organization's goals.
Nature of Job:
- Assist the company in reaching goals and objectives related to sales, profitability, productivity and penetration in industry.
- Supervise a department
- Hire, train and evaluate employees
- Analyze office data
- Ensure that the department complies with company policies
- Prepare reports for senior management
- See that worker have the resources to complete their work
- Motivate workers
Qualities/Skills of a Good Business Administrator:
Listening and communicating
- Planning and forecasting
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Networking and research
- Goal and quality oriented
- Confidence and attentiveness
- Negotiating and decision-making
- Organizational skills
- Diversity skills
- Collaborative and objective
- Motivated, innovative and creative
- Supervisory and managerial skills
There are tremendous opportunities in administration. One can work at different levels like -
- Human Resources (HR) Manager
- Human Resources (HR) Generalist
- Executive Assistant
- Operations Manager
- Account Executive
- Wholesale or Retail Buyer
- Office Manager
A Business Administrator earns pretty well. On an average, they earn Rs.2,50,000-4,30,000 per annum depending upon the nature of the organization. However, experience, location of the company and nature of job are other factors that determine the salary of the person.
Also Read: Taking Up Career as an Aerospace Engineer
The basic requirement is a bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration, from a recognized university. One can start their career from the entry-level position and reach top ranking positions wherein they will be given responsibilities and better packages. But work experience from any industry will improve the chance for better employment opportunities. However, having PGDM and MBA degrees are an added advantage for the aspirant.
Institutes that offer courses with major subjects as Business Administration are as follows:
Institute of Technology and Management, Meerut
Amity University, Noida
CollegeDekho wishes Good Luck to all aspirants who wish to take up a career as a Business Administrator.
One of the most popular course choice after Engineering and Medical is Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) programmes. With ...
In order to bring more transparency, the CBSE board has decided to mention the extra marks awarded to Class 12 students ...