- Articles byStream
Causes of College Dropout
After completion of the school education students go to the colleges with new hopes and aspirations for the higher education. But facing tough time of life they have to make the difficult decision to drop out.
A recent survey said that most of the dropouts leave college before entering their second year. Why do students take this big decision of discontinuing studies and what are the factors that lead to such decisions in life of students?
Here are 7 common causes for college drop out amongst the students.
• Academically Unprepared: At times, students take admission in a college but with rising academic pressures and study courses, they fail to keep balance with studies. Hence, this is one of the factors of dropping out from college after the mid semester or one year of college. Also, students are unsure about their interests and awareness on the chosen subject.
• Family and Social life: Due to family burdens or peer pressure, there are certain reasons that become dominant in one's life that lead to fall off the college. Marriage, pregnancy, tours or illness among other reasons are the causes of college dropouts as well.
• Financially unstable: Economic factor plays an important role in shaping one's career. Students who belong to poor economic background often discontinue studies. It becomes unmanageable to continue living with the high maintenance of the city's standards as well as to pay for the entire course fees.
• Stress: Stress and depression are also the major factors for college dropouts. Students undergo various personal tragedies of which one might not know. Due to regular mental stress, it becomes tough to keep up the studies and balance with the class.
• Irresponsibility: Due to being irresponsible towards life and studies, students land up to no studies. Regular parties, hanging out with friends or spending time idly might lead to dropping out off college. So, being responsible and knowing the management of time and work is necessary to excel in life.
• Lack of guidance: There are rarely elders or parents or professors who guide us often and boost up our morale towards consistency and hard work. Nowadays, students grow up on themselves with hardly anybody to scold or guide them to the right path. Hence, lack of guidance is also a factor which lead students to drop out from college.
• Lack of motivation or Highly Motivated: Students who either lack motivation towards hard work and importance of studies or students who are highly motivated in life land up to drop out from college. There is nobody to motivate students to study further and gain knowledge to succeed in life. And there are a few students who are highly motivated with themselves and plan out a different career altogether. Whatever be the reason, students must know that studies are way far important in life.
Without knowledge, one can never step ahead and if you have been already enrolled into a college, then it would always be wise to complete and count upon your studies as a blessing.
B.Tech CSE/ IT and BCA are probably the two most popular courses amongst IT aspirants. Information Technology being one ...
The core committee for the CBCS (Choice Based Credit System), Delhi University has recommended starting lessons on ...