The Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test, which is commonly known as Punjab TET or PSTET, is a state-level test that is conducted for those candidates who want to become a teacher in the schools of the state of Punjab. PSTET 2018 was held on January 19, 2020. PSTET 2018 result has been released. Candidates can visit the link given below to check and download their results.
Punjab TET is carried out under the supervision of the State Council of Educational Research and Training, Punjab (SCERT). Aspirants can pursue their dream of becoming a teacher after qualifying for the Punjab TET 2018 exam.
Like the other Teacher Eligibility Tests that are conducted in other states, Punjab TET also comprises two exams, Paper 1 and Paper 2. Candidates will be recruited as teachers only if they clear the Punjab TET 2018. However, qualifying the examination does not ascertain the recruitment of the individual as several other factors are also considered. Those individuals who wish to start their career as a teacher in the schools of Punjab can find the eligibility criteria, examination pattern, important dates, and application process of Punjab TET 2018 in this article.
PSTET 2018 Result (Released)
PSTET 2018 result has been released on the official website. To check and download the results, candidates need to follow the steps given below
- Visit pstet.net
- Click on the 'Result Declared' Link on the homepage
- It will direct to a new page
- Enter PSTET 2018 registration number and password
- PSTET 2018 result will be displayed on the screen
- Download PSTET 2018 result and take a print out for future reference
PSTET Exam Date 2018
PSTET 2018 exam date was revised from January 5, 2020, to January 19, 2020, due to administrative reasons. According to the reports, the fresh roll numbers were issued to the candidates on January 15 on the PSTET website.
Punjab TET 2018 Admit Card
PSTET Admit Card 2018was available at pstet.net by the Punjab School Examination Board (PSEB). Candidates who applied for PSTET 2018 had toa visit pstet.net and download the admit card.
Punjab TET 2018 Important Dates
The State Council of Educational Research and Training of Punjab announced the details and dates of Punjab TET 2018 officially. The important dates of Punjab TET 2018 are given below. The aspirants who are looking forward to applying for the position of a teacher in the schools of Punjab must always keep a track of all important dates of Punjab TET 2018. This will help the candidates stay updated with all the relevant information so that they don't miss out on the deadlines. The important dates of Punjab TET 2018 are given here:
Beginning of the application process of Punjab TET 2018
Last day for submitting the application forms of Punjab TET 2018
December 3, 2019
Application correction window opens
|November 26, 2019|
Application correction window closes
|December 4, 2019|
Release of admit card for Punjab TET 2018
December 30, 2019
Punjab TET 2019 Exam
January 19, 2020
Release of Answer Key
A week after the Punjab TET 2019
Announcement of Punjab TET 2019 Results
March 23, 2020
Punjab TET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The State Council of Educational Research and Training, (SCERT) Punjab decides upon a specific set of eligibility criteria for Punjab TET 2018. The candidates who apply for Punjab TET 2018 have to qualify the eligibility criteria to be considered proficient enough for giving the exam. The eligibility conditions for Punjab TET 2018 are quite similar to those of the Teachers Eligibility Tests of the other states. Candidates who are unable to clear the Punjab TET 2018 eligibility criteria will not be permitted to sit for the exam even if they have completed the application process and paid the application fee. The forms of those candidates will be considered cancelled and they will not be allowed to go forth
Punjab TET 2018 Eligibility Criteria for Primary Teachers (Classes 1st to 5th)
Candidates who are looking forward to the profession of a primary teacher in the lower primary classes of the schools of Punjab have to fulfil the eligibility criteria given below so as to be allowed to sit for the Paper 2 of Punjab TET 2018.
- All the applicants need to abide by all the rules and regulations that are prescribed by the NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education) strictly.
- The aspirants must have cleared their Higher Secondary (class 12th) final exams with no less than 50 per cent marks along with a Diploma in Education which is of a duration of two years.
Punjab TET 2018 Eligibility Criteria for Secondary Teachers (Classes 6th to 8th)
The aspirants who wish to appear for Paper 2 of Punjab TET 2019 and become teachers in the upper primary classes of the schools of Punjab have to fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
- All the candidates have to strictly follow all the rules and regulations which are prescribed by the NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education).
- The candidates must have completed their Higher Secondary education with a minimum of 50 per cent marks which must be accompanied by a Bachelors degree of the duration of four years.
Punjab TET 2018 Examination Pattern
The Punjab TET 2018 examination is conducted in the offline mode by pen and paper method. Paper 1 of Punjab TET 2018 is for candidates who wish to apply for becoming a teacher in the lower primary classes (1st to 5th). Meanwhile, Punjab TET 2018 Paper 2 will be for those applicants who want to become teachers in the upper primary classes (6th to 8th). An applicant who wishes to be considered for being hired in both the categories, which is from classes 1 to 8, will be required to appear for Punjab TET 2018 Paper 1 and Paper 2 both. The questions will have multiple choices for answers and it will be an objective exam. The details of the Punjab TET 2018 examination and its pattern are provided below.
Punjab TET 2018 Pattern for Paper 1
Subjects (All Compulsory)
Child Development and Pedagogy
Language - 1 (Punjabi)
Language - 2 (English)
Punjab TET 2018 Pattern for Paper 2
Language - 1 (Punjabi)
Child Development and Pedagogy
Language - 2 (English)
Social Science for teachers of Social Science
Mathematics or Science for teachers of Mathematics or Science
Also Read:Assam TET 2019 and Its Details
How to Apply for Punjab TET 2018?
The steps to apply for PSTET 2018 are explained in detail below. The Punjab TET application process is entirely online and candidates can complete the application process of Punjab TET 2018 quite easily. Follow these steps to apply for Punjab TET 2018 exam.
- Log on to the official website of the State Council of Educational Research and Training, (SCERT) Punjab
- Find the link of the Punjab TET 2018 application form in the ‘Notifications’ bar
- Read all the instructions very carefully before applying for the Punjab TET 2018 so as not to make any mistake while filling the form
- Fill in your personal details at the beginning of the form
- Post that, you will be required to fill in your academic details and the academic record
- Upload the copies of your academic documents that are mentioned in the form
- Upload a copy of a passport-sized photograph of yourself in the prescribed format and size
- Upload a copy of your signature in the prescribed format and size
- Submit all the details
- Make the payment for Punjab TET 2018 application form online via net banking or a credit/debit card
- Take a print out of the application form and keep it with yourself for future reference
Punjab TET 2018 Application Fee
For general category candidates, the application fee for one paper is Rs. 600 and the application fee for paper I+II is Rs. 1200. For SC/ST and PH category candidates, the fee for the paper I is Rs.300 and for paper I+II, the application fee is Rs. 600.
Punjab TET 2018 Registration
The registration for Punjab TET 2019 began on November 3, 2019, and the application process closed on November 25, 2019. Candidates had to register online on the PSEB website.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for more TET related news and updates!