Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
JEST 2022 interview dates are already released. The JEST 2022 entrance examination was conducted on March 13, 2022, which will be followed by the interview process at the respective institute. Candidates who are well- prepared for the test and wish to take admission in one of the top research institutes in India for M.Sc and P.hD. the course must also apply for interviews in specific institutes.
Candidates will be shortlisted for interviews on merit- basis i.e performance in the JEST 2022 entrance test. Although there is no specific strategy that will students crack JEST interviews, some general practices help candidates boost confidence before appearing for it.
Here are important tips to prepare for JEST 2022 interview:
How to Prepare for JEST Interview?
An interview is all about confidence and on the spot ability of the candidate to answer the questions asked by experts in relevant fields. While there is no specific rule that can help a student crack JEST interview, certain guidelines will help him/ her boost confidence and face the interview.
Here are the important tips to prepare for JEST 2022 interview:
- You need not prepare the syllabus of JEST 2022 before attending the interview. Instead, make sure that your fundamental concepts and understanding of Physics is clear. Those who have studied well for the JEST 2022 entrance examination and at previous years degree studies find it easy to answer questions related to concepts of Physics.
- Ph.D. studies require you to have an interest in research work. If you want to pursue a PhD from a top research institute in India then it is highly recommended that you think more and practice out of the box thinking. This is a long term practice that will help you to crack the JEST interview.
- While reading try to figure Why, Why and How for all concepts in Physics and relevant subjects.
- Research about the institute in which you are planning to take admission will help you to answer questions related to Institute and courses and projects offered in it.
- Practice mock interviews. You can take help from seniors or friends and practice mock interviews. It will not only help you gain confidence but will also help you to speak fluently.
- It is good practice to create a group of friends and students and discuss relevant topics related to Physics and research. Group discussion will help you learn something new as each one can come up with new ideas and thoughts.
- Have good knowledge about the institute for which you are going to attend the interview. You must know about the courses that offer and the types of projects they have completed so far.
- The most important things that matter in a JEST interview include confidence, honesty and patience. Do not feel the pressure of the interview before appearing for it. Be relaxed and answer the questions as per your understanding and try to convince the interviewer about your interest in the Ph.D. programme through your answers.
JEST Interview Common Questions
JEST interview questions cannot be predicted. Questions asked in the interview may vary from candidate to candidate. However, there are some general questions which candidates must be well- prepared. Check some of the common questions asked in the JEST interview.
- Interviewers usually come up with first questions related to the educational qualifications of the candidates. They may also ask reasons to choose a specific course in previous years of studies.
- Next, they may ask questions about the interest of candidates in research and their reasons to complete research work in a specific field.
- Interviewers may also ask questions about projects undertaken at UG and PG levels. Students must be well prepared to explain the projects they have completed previously. Apart from this, any other projects or training undertaken at an organisational level must be well prepared.
- Another common question asked in the interview is about the institute and the projects they handle. The question is asked to analyse candidates' knowledge about the institute.
Hope the above tips and preparation strategy is useful for readers. For Latest News and Updates, stay tuned to CollegeDekho!