- Most Important Topics of Physics For JEE Main 2023
- Weightage Wise Topics of Physics for JEE Main 2023 (Higher …
- JEE Mains 2023 Topic-wise Distribution (Based on Marks and Other …
- Important Chapters for JEE Main (Class 11)
- Important Chapters for JEE Main (Class 12)
- How to Study Physics for JEE Main 2023
- Benefits of Studying the Topics Already Covered in Previous Exams
- How to Include JEE Main Previous Years’ Question Papers in …
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
What are the most important high-scoring topics for JEE Main Physics 2023? Is this question makes you scratch your head, don’t stress yourself, as in this article CollegeDekho guides all the JEE Main 2023 aspirants with the important topics and chapters of physics for JEE Main 2023.
Students are constantly looking for strategies to increase their performance in JEE Main and be accepted into the top engineering colleges. During exam preparation, one of the most frequent questions students have is about important JEE Main 2023 chapters and topics. For the benefit of students, we have created a “List of High Scoring Topics for JEE Main Physics 2023”. Students are encouraged to finish the JEE Main 2023 syllabus by concentrating on important chapters.
The Joint Entrance Examination is one of the toughest engineering exams conducted at the national level for science students. Hence, knowing the JEE Main 2023 important topics is one of the most crucial tasks for candidates preparing for the session. Physics being an integral part of the JEE Main 2023 exam syllabus it plays an important role in the distribution of marks and merit to the candidates who participate in the JEE Main exam. JEE Main is conducted to allow students to get admission into NITs, IIITs, and other nationally and state-funded engineering institutes across the country.
The JEE Main 2023 syllabus mainly comprises Paper 1 (B.Tech/B.E. )and Paper 2 (B.Arch). Here we shall discuss the important topics of paper 1 physics. Read the full article to know more.
LATEST: JEE Main Result 2023
College Dekho Launches JEE Maon 2023 Rank Predictor: Estimate Your Rank Now
Most Important Topics of Physics For JEE Main 2023
The table provided below contains the most important topics of physics chapter wise that can help you score well in the JEE Main 2023 Exam. After analyzing and evaluating the previous year's question papers, we have jotted down the most important topics of physics for JEE Main 2023. Candidates should make sure that they do not miss any of the given topics while preparing for the JEE Main 2023 Exam.
Name of Chapter
Name of the Topic
Kinematics, Conservation of Momentum, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Work Energy and Power, Fluid Mechanics, Waves, Gravitation, Rigid Body Dynamics, Simple Harmonic Motion,
De Broglie wavelength, Photoelectric effect, Bohr H atom, Nuclear Physics
Electricity and Magnetism
Biot–Savart’s law, and Ampere’s law, Kirchhoff’s laws, Electromagnetic induction
Physics and Measurement
Reflection and refraction, Young’s double-slit experiment
Work Energy and Power
Nature of Work Done, Kinetic energy, Potential energy, Potential energy curve
Center of mass, Motion of the centre of mass, Position of centre of mass for solid cone, Torque, Equations of Linear Motion & Rotational Motion
Properties of Solids and Liquids
Excess pressure inside a liquid drop, Stokes' law & Terminal Velocity, Surface energy,Thermal stress and thermal strain, Heat
Kinetic theory of Gases
States of matter, Gas laws(I), Ideal gas equation, Various types of speeds of ideal gasses, Kinetic energy of ideal gas
Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating currents
Magnetic flux, Faraday's law of induction, Motional Electromotive force(I), AC voltage applied to an inductor, Motional Electromotive force(II)
Propagation of Electromagnetic Waves
- The chapter on Oscillations and Waves covers the greatest number of exam questions, approximately 10%. Previously, we saw problems from topics such as electrodynamics, modern physics, optics, and so on.
- As a result, a student should start with these chapters because they were frequently asked in previous year's papers.
- After you've completed these chapters, you can move on to the easier ones like Units and Dimensions, Error Measurement, and Vectors.
- All you have to do is understand the Topics in each chapter.
- If you take this direction, you will have excellent Physics preparation and will perform well in this section.
Weightage Wise Topics of Physics for JEE Main 2023 (Higher and Lower Weightage)
The table here gives a much clearer idea as to which topics of Physics fall under a higher weightage radar whereas the topics that have subsequently low weightage are based on previous years’ question patterns. Check out the table for the list of topics.
Heat & Thermodynamics
Nuclear Physics & X-Rays
Work, Energy & Power
Error & Instrument Analysis
Units & Measurements
Dual Nature of Matter & Radiation
Center of Mass & Collisions
Laws of Motion
Current Electricity & Capacitors
Properties of Matter
Magnetic Effects of Current & Magnetism
Bohr’s Atomic Model
Waves & Sound
Quick Link - JEE Main 2023: Here is the simple strategy to score 99 percentile
JEE Mains 2023 Topic-wise Distribution (Based on Marks and Other Factors)
This section describes topics and their level of difficulty. The category is based on fundamental Topics and simple and very relevant topics for exams that have a high weightage in exams and have been asked consistently in recent years.
Basic Topics: (1 mark each)
- Units and Dimensions
- Measurement of Errors
Fundamental Topics: (2 marks each)
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
JEE Main Physics Important Topics: (2-3 marks each)
- Centre of Mass, Momentum, and Collision
- Rotational Dynamics
- Simple Harmonic Motion
- Fluid Mechanics
- Wave Motion and String Waves
- Heat & Thermodynamics
- Nuclear Physics
- Modern Physics
Easy and Scoring Topics
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Current Electricity
- Wave Optics
- Ray Optics
Physics Topic-wise Weightage in JEE Mains
We have drawn the table given below based on the data from the analysis of JEE Main previous years’ Question Papers. The table below consists of all the important physics topics along with the approximate number of questions that can be asked and the weightage of marks these topics carry.
Jee Main Physics 2023 Topic
Number Of Questions
Heat and Thermodynamics
Simple Harmonic Motion
Unit, Dimension, and Vector
Laws of Motion
Centre Of Mass, Impulse, and Momentum
Important Chapters for JEE Main (Class 11)
The most important Chapters of JEE Main are listed below :
- Work, Power, Energy
- Simple Harmonic Motion
- Waves Oscillations
- General Organic Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Coordinate Geometry
- Complex Numbers
Important Chapters for JEE Main (Class 12)
The Important Chapters of JEE Mains Class 12 are given below :
- Modern Physics
- Chemical Kinetics
- Coordination Compounds
- 3D Geometry
How to Study Physics for JEE Main 2023
- Be familiar with the different units related to physical quantities. After that, make a list of all the units where you frequently get confused
- Interested and eligible candidates should pay special attention to topics such as semiconductor devices, electromagnetic waves, communication systems, and so on that are not covered in the JEE Main 2023 syllabus
- Questions about semiconductors, electromagnetic waves, communication systems, and other topics based on these topics are frequently straightforward and simple
- It is advisable to do a little extra reading, which will help them significantly improve their score. A thorough understanding of everything covered in NCERT textbooks on such topics is usually enough to answer questions in JEE Main
Benefits of Studying the Topics Already Covered in Previous Exams
There are a number of benefits to solving previous years' JEE Main question papers.
The following are the top five benefits of solving previous years' JEE Main question papers:
- Understand the JEE Main Exam Pattern
- Evaluate the Areas of Strength and Weakness
- Better Time Management
- Practice Makes Perfect
- Improve the JEE Main Preparation Methods
Get Familiar with the Exam Pattern
The JEE Main exam is a challenging national-level examination, and the competition throughout the exam is intense. As a result, knowing the exact exam pattern is necessary for the candidate to begin preparing.
Evaluate Areas of Strength and Improvements
The first step is to read the question paper carefully. Mark the known questions and leave the rest blank. It is the most effective method for answering both known and unknown questions. Once completed, candidates can easily identify the areas in which they need to focus their attention and begin the hard work. Furthermore, the advantages of solving previous years' JEE Main question papers are that the candidates have learned to categorize the exam as difficult, moderate, or easy. As a result, they can now easily begin revised preparatory measures.
Better Time Management
Candidates are required to manage their time wisely once they start attempting previous years' question papers. One of the most significant advantages of solving previous years' JEE Main question papers. Besides that, it is regarded as a very good practice. It not only increases speed but also enhances accuracy over time. Moreover, time is crucial when taking any exam, and in the case of JEE Main, it is one of the most important factors. Proper time management can produce significant benefits, and candidates can complete the paper on time.
As the old old saying goes, practice makes perfect anything that has been practiced repeatedly will therefore yield better results. In this case, when candidates spend a significant amount of time practicing previous years' questions, they are automatically expected to score a high percentile. Other than that, the previous year's JEE Mains practice papers can only help determine the level of preparation. The candidates can now quickly evaluate their level of preparation. Moreover, candidates can focus on closing the preparation gap based on their assessment.
Improve JEE Main Preparation
Finally, the goal should be to improve marks via JEE Main preparation. Solving JEE Maprevious year's questions gives you an idea of the exam pattern and the number of questions from various sections of the syllabus. As a result, candidates should always keep their timetables and exam preparation methods flexible. It will automatically assist them in preparing and improving their methods of preparation. They can also include time for revision of the most recent addition to the syllabus and devote more time to areas of strength and weakness.
How to Include JEE Main Previous Years’ Question Papers in Your Timetable
There are a few ways candidates can conveniently fit the question papers from previous years into their timetable. Here are some steps to follow:
- When creating the time table, try allocating some time to do the previous year's questions after a significant portion of the JEE Main 2023 curriculum has been covered.
- It is necessary to look over the exam questions from the previous ten years at least and take practice exams.
- Before the last few months of the exam, be sure to thoroughly practice from the JEE Main previous years' question papers.
- Furthermore, answering questions in an exam setup will help you prepare for the actual exam day.
We hope the information provided here has been useful to you. We wish you all the best for your upcoming JEE Main 2023 exams.
Scholarships for Engineering Students In India - Check Out List for ST, SC, OBC, General
GATE Result 2023: Release Date (March 16), Merit List, Cutoff, Toppers Here
AP ECET 2023 - Exam Dates, Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Admission Procedure
JEE Main 2023 (Phase 2) Application Form Correction Window - Procedure & Guidelines
JEE Main 2023 Login, Application Number and Password - Steps to Retrieve
JEE Main 2023 Paper 2A (BArch) - Registration, Exam Date, Syllabus, Admit Card (Out), Results