Delhi University is one of the most sought-after universities for students aspiring to pursue commerce, arts and science undergraduate courses. The university has a very distinct selection criterion as it gets applications from candidates belonging to different regions. DU cut-offs for commerce, science and art courses is quite high but students who have been active in sports and extracurricular activities can avail relaxation of marks in DU cut-offs.
DU ECA quota admissions and DU sports quota admission is the best way to secure admission in the Delhi University if you have represented district, state or country in any of the DU's prescribed ECA activities or sports. Apart from the merit list and entrance exams, DU also has other selection procedures for ECA Quota admission and Sports Quota admission. Application for the same can be filled through the common admission portal of DU. Find out the details regarding DU ECA and Sports quota admissions below.
DU ECA Quota Admission:
Delhi University reserves a few seats for students who have indulged in Extracurricular Activities (ECA) during their school education. Candidates who are applying through this category can expect marks relaxation of up to 15% (for unreserved candidates) in merit lists. Check the detailed DU admission guide to find out more. In order to apply for these seats, you can register yourself on the official website of Delhi University.
DU ECA Quota Application Procedure:
- Go to the official website of DU and fill the application form.
- Opt for the ECA category and the corresponding activity through which you want to qualify.
- Upload your ECA certificate as an evidence of your participation in the respective activity.
- The certificate through which you are applying must not be more than three years old.
- Your candidature for the ECA category will be considered only if you have won or participated in the respective ECA activity at International, National, State, Zonal or School level.
DU ECA Quota Application Fees:
|Student Category||Registration Fee|
|UR/OBC||Rs. 150 (Non-Refundable)|
|ECA (Every Category)||Rs. 100 (Additional, Non-Refundable)|
|SC/PwD/ST||Rs 75 (Non-Refundable)|
DU ECA Quota Selection Process:
- According to the rules of DU, you will be eligible for ECA seats if you have a valid certificate for the respective extracurricular activity.
- You will also have to qualify the Trials conducted by DU.
- DU gives 25% weightage to certificates, whereas, 75% weightage is given to ECA Trials.
- Trials will be conducted at Preliminary and Final level.
- All candidates are allowed to appear for preliminary trials only once.
- Those who clear the preliminary trials are then called for final trials.
- It is important to secure at least 50% marks i.e. (38/75) in the final trials in order to qualify through ECA quota admissions.
- Merit list will be prepared by the authorities on the basis of final trials and their percentage in class 12. Admissions will be done on the basis of this list.
DU List of Activities for ECA Trials:
- Dance (Indian Classical/ Western/ Indian Folk/ Choreography)
- Music Vocal (Indian Classical/ Western Classical/ Indian Light & Folk/ Western Light)
- Creative Writing (English & Hindi)
- Digital Media (Still Photography/ Animation/ Film Making)
- Music Instrumental (Indian/ Western)
- Fine Arts (Sketching & Painting/ Sculpture)
- Debate (English & Hindi)
- Divinity for minority colleges (For Mata Sundri College, Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College and Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College)
The details regarding the ECA Activities and schedule of ECA Trials is provided on the official website of DU. The University and colleges conducting trials also release notices regarding the same both online and offline.
DU Sports Quota Admission:
DU also offers provision for young sportsperson to apply through sports quota seats. Admissions are done either directly or on the basis of sports trials once the candidate has filled the DU application form.
DU Direct Admission without Sports Trials:
Candidates aspiring to take admission in DU through sports quota can take direct admission without appearing for sports trials if they have represented India in either of the following sports leagues:
- Olympic Games by International Olympic Committee (IOC)
- Asian Games by Olympic Council of Asia
- World Championship/ World Cup by International Sports Federations (ISF)
- Asian Championships by International Sports Federations (ISF)
- Commonwealth Games by Commonwealth Games Federations (CGF)
- South Asian Games (SAG) by South Asian Sports Council (SASC)
- Paralympic Games by International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
DU Admission on the basis of Sports Trials:
Candidates who have not represented the country in either of the above sports competitions will have to appear for sports trials in order to secure admission under sports quota.
DU Sports Quota Admission Application Procedure:
- The process is similar to applying for ECA trials. You will have to fill the DU application form through the official university website.
- Apply through the sports quota and upload your Sport Certificate on the DU admission portal.
DU Sports Quota Selection Process:
- DU gives 40% weightage to the sports certificate and 60% weightage to the sports trials of the game for which the candidate has received the certificate.
- The sports trial will include Sport Specific Fitness, Overall Playing Ability and Fundamental Skills.
- Marks for the sports trial will be awarded out of 60 and candidates will have to score at least 30 marks (i.e. 50%) in order to qualify for admission through sports quota.
- Candidates applying for sports quota must also be eligible on the basis of age to participate in inter-university competitions of DU for the next three years of their course duration.
- Also, candidates must not be employed either part-time or full-time while pursuing UG courses at DU through sports quota.
- Games or Sports that are played across the colleges and during inter-college and inter-university competitions at DU will be given preference.
- Final merit list for students applying through sports quota will be displayed by DU on its official website.
The venue or colleges where the trials will be conducted is decided by Delhi University Sports Council (DUSC). The sports trial schedule is published online by DU.