Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
West Bengal College Service Commission (WBSC) will soon release the official notification for WB SET 2020-21 soon. This year, the exam has been delayed due to the Covid-19 pandemic. WB SET is conducted to determine the eligibility of candidates for the post of Assistant Professor. Students who have a Master's degree or pursuing the final-year Master's degree can apply for WB SET 2020. The eligibility test will be conducted across 30 subjects. This is a golden opportunity for aspirants in West Bengal who want to make a career in teaching.
|WB SET 2020 Results||WB SET Cutoff|
About WB SET 2020
The WB SET exam consists of two papers of which Paper 1 is common for all those who take the exam and Paper 2 comprises of subjects opted by the candidate in their post-graduation level. All the papers are more or less of the same pattern and comprise multiple-choice questions. You can find all the important information regarding WB SET 2020 here.
West Bengal SET 2020 Important Dates
The West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) will release the official notification regarding the West Bengal SET 2020 important dates.
Starting of Online Form Submission for WB SET
To be Notified
Final Date of Online Form Submission for WB SET
To be Notified
Last date of Fee submission through online generated Bank challan at all branches of United Bank of India (UBI)
To be Notified
Date of Examination
To be Notified
WB SET Eligibility Criteria 2020
The educational qualification required to be eligible for WB SET 2020 is given in detail below: -
- The candidate must have a master's degree that is recognized by the U.G.C.
- The candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (no rounding off) in their master’s degree OR an equivalent degree from universities/institutions that are recognized by UGC and the state government will be eligible for this test.
- Ph.D. degree holders who completed their Master’s examination by 19th September 1991, irrespective of the date on which the result was declared, shall be considered eligible for a relaxation of 5% in the aggregate marks.
- The candidates belonging to reserved categories will be given a relaxation of 5%.
- The candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing for the qualifying Master’s Degree examination and whose results are awaited OR the candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may appear for this test additionally.
WB SET 2020 Application Form
WB SET 2020 application form will be released soon. The detailed application process can be checked below -
How to Apply for WB SET 2020?
The WB SET application is a step-by-step process. Candidates can follow the steps given below to apply for WB SET 2020 -
- Go to the official website of WBCSC.
- You will find a tab ‘Apply for SET examination – 2020’.
- Click on the option of ‘Apply Now’ that will be in front of the tab.
- You will be asked to fill in the main details like choosing the topic of the paper and exam centre first.
- After filling in the main details you will have to enter your personal details. Make sure you fill the form correctly.
- Provide a mobile number and email id that is valid and active. You will be notified about everything on the email id that you give in the form.
- You will be taken to the page where you will have to submit your academic qualifications. Be very careful while entering the marks.
- After that, you will be asked to upload some scanned documents. Your photograph and signature are a must to upload because without them your application will not be accepted.
- Finally, you will have to submit the application fee.
- Your application process will be complete after this. It is advised to save your registration number as it will be useful later.
WB SET 2020 Application Fee
Candidates can not pay the application fees of WB SET 2020 in online mode. The candidates can pay cash at any branch of the United Bank of India through Challan downloadable from the official website of WBCSC. The application fee is non-refundable.
WB SET Exam Pattern 2020
Check out the detailed WB SET 2020 exam pattern which will help candidates to be well prepared for the examination.
|Paper 1||100||50||1 hour (9:30 AM-10:30 AM)|
|Paper 2||200||100||2 hours (11 AM-1PM)|
WB SET 2020 Subjects
The West Bengal SET 2020 exam will be conducted by the West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC)in 30 subjects. They are as follows:
Computer Science and Applications
Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
|Law||Library & Information Science|
West Bengal SET 2020 Exam Centres
The places where WB SET 2020 will be conducted in various districts of the West Bengal State and they are as follows:
- South 24 Pgs
- North 24 Pgs
- Uttar Dinajpur
- Darjeeling (Siliguri)
- Purba Medinipur
- Paschim Medinipur
West Bengal SET Selection Process 2020
- The selection process for WB SET 2020 is given below.
- From each subject, only 6% top candidates clearing WB SET shall be declared ‘Pass’ in the examination.
- The candidate will have to be among the top 6% qualifiers in each subject so that he will be considered for the WB SET certificate.
- The selection of candidates for the 6% slot will be on the basis of reservation rules and policies.
West Bengal SET Admit Card 2020
The admit card of West Bengal SET 2020 will be available on the official website of WBCSC (www.wbcsconline.in). Candidates can download the admit card from the official website. It is mandatory to carry WB SET admit card on the day of examination. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall without the WB SET admit card.
For more Eligibility Test Related News and Updates, Keep following CollegeDekho.