The West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) has announced important details regarding dates and eligibility criteria for the West Bengal State Eligibility Test (WB SET) 2019-2020 for filling the vacancies of Assistant Professors in the West Bengal State Colleges and Universities. WB SET is a yearly examination which is taken for filling the Assistant Professor Vacancies of West Bengal Colleges. Students who have a Master's degree can apply in WB SET 2019-20 examination which is about to be conducted in 2020. The West Bengal SET 2019-20 examinations will be taken for appointing Assistant Professors in 30 Disciplines. This is a golden opportunity for aspirants in West Bengal who want to make a career in teaching.
West Bengal SET Admit Card 2019-2020 (Released)
The admit card of West Bengal SET 2019-2020 is available on the official website of WBCSC (www.wbcsconline.in.) Candidates can download the admit card from the official website. It is mandatory to carry WB SET admit card on the day of examination. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall without the WB SET admit card.
About West Bengal SET 2019-2020 Exam
The WB SET exam consists of two papers of which Paper 1 is common for all those who take the exam and Paper 2 comprises of subjects opted by the candidate in their post-graduation level. All the papers are more or less of the same pattern and comprise multiple-choice questions. You can find all the important information regarding WB SET 2019 here.
West Bengal SET 2019-2020 Important Dates
The West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) has released the official notification regarding the West Bengal SET 2019 important dates. However, candidates can check out the tentative schedule of WB SET 2019 in the table below,
Starting of Online Form Submission for WB SET
2nd September 2019
Final Date of Online Form Submission for WB SET
30th September 2019
Last date of Fee submission through online generated Bank challan at all branches of United Bank of India (UBI)
15th October 2019
Date of Examination
19th January 2020
Also Read: Find Out All About Maharashtra SET 2019 Exam
West Bengal SET Eligibility Criteria 2019-2020
The educational qualification required to be eligible for WB SET 2019 is given in detail below:
WB SET Educational Qualification
- The candidate must have a masters degree that is recognised by the U.G.C.
- The candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (no rounding off) in their master’s degree OR an equivalent degree from universities/institutions that are recognized by UGC and state government will be eligible for this test.
- Ph.D. degree holders who completed their Master’s examination by 19th September 1991, irrespective of the date on which the result was declared, shall be considered eligible for a relaxation of 5% in the aggregate marks.
- The candidates belonging to reserved categories will be given a relaxation of 5%.
- The candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing for the qualifying Master’s Degree examination and whose results are awaited OR the candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may appear for this test additionally.
West Bengal SET Age Requirement
There is no age limit to apply for WB SET 2019.
West Bengal SET 2019-2020 Application Form
WB SET 2019 application form has been closed. The last date to apply was 30th September will qualify for taking the SET 2019 exam for West Bengal State Assistant Professorship. Now the next event in the WB SET 2019-20 admit card which will be released a week prior to the exam date.
How to Apply for West Bengal SET 2019-2020
The WB SET application is a step-by-step process. Candidates can follow the steps given below to apply for WB SET 2019
- Go to the official website of WBCSC.
- You will find a tab ‘Apply for SET examination – 2019’.
- Click on the option of ‘Apply Now’ that will be in front of the tab.
- You will be asked to fill in the main details like choosing the topic of the paper and exam centre first.
- After filling the main details you will have to enter your personal details. Make sure you fill the form correctly.
- Provide a mobile number and email id that is valid and active. You will be notified about everything on the email id that you give in the form.
- You will be taken to the page where you will have to submit your academic qualifications. Be very careful while entering the marks.
- After that, you will be asked to upload some scanned documents. Your photograph and signature are a must to upload because without them your application will not be accepted.
- Finally, you will have to submit the application fee.
- Your application process will be complete after this. It is advised to save your registration number as it will be useful later.
West Bengal SET 2019-2020 Application Fees
Candidates can not pay the application fees of WB SET 2019 in online mode. The candidates can pay cash at any branch of United Bank of India through Challan downloadable from the official website of WBCSC. The application fee is non-refundable.
West Bengal SET Exam Pattern 2019-2020
The WB SET 2019 will be conducted in the month of December 2019. Check out the detailed WB SET 2019 exam pattern which will help candidates to be well prepared for the examination.
|Paper 1||100||50||1 hour (9:30 AM-10:30 AM)|
|Paper 2||200||100||2 hours (11 AM-1PM)|
West Bengal SET 2019-2020 Subjects
The West Bengal SET 2019 exam will be conducted by the West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) in 30 subjects. They are as follows:
Computer Science and Applications
Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
|Law||Library & Information Science|
West Bengal SET 2019-2020 Examination Centres
The places where WB SET 2019 will be conducted in various districts of the West Bengal State and they are as follows:
- South 24 Pgs
- North 24 Pgs
- Uttar Dinajpur
- Darjeeling (Siliguri)
- Purba Medinipur
- Paschim Medinipur
West Bengal SET Result 2019-2020
WB SET Result 2019 will be declared soon after the exam on the official website. Candidates can view their WB SET 2019 result by using their registration number.
West Bengal SET Selection Process 2019-2020
- The selection process for WB SET 2019-20 is given below.
- From each subject, only 6% top candidates clearing WB SET shall be declared ‘Pass’ in the examination.
- The candidate will have to be among the top 6% qualifiers in each subject so that he will be considered for KSET certificate.
- The selection of candidates for the 6% slot will be on the basis of reservation rules and policies.
West Bengal SET Exam 2019-2020 Official Notice
The official notice of SET Exams for West Bengal State 2019-2020 has been notified by WBCSC.
The West Bengal SET 2019-2020 examinations will be conducted in different venues at 22 districts in West Bengal. The candidate will be notified about his/her WB SET 2019-2020 venue later. The scores of West Bengal SET Examination are valid for Assistant Professor Vacancies in other states as well along with UGC-NET Examination. There is no centralised vacancy filling for Lecturer Vacancy in the state, students can apply in different universities in West Bengal and other states in India in Assistant Professor post if vacancies are released.
For more Eligibility Test Related News and Updates, Keep following CollegeDekho.