WB SET is an exam conducted annually by West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC). WB SET is carried out for recruiting eligible candidates for the position of Lecturers and Assistant Professors in the different universities throughout the state of West Bengal. WB SET is conducted in twenty cities and in thirty different subjects across India.
About WB SET 2019 Exam
The WB SET exam consists of three papers of which Paper 1 is common for all those who take the exam and Paper 2 and Paper 3 comprise of subjects opted by the candidate in their post-graduation level. All the papers are more or less of the same pattern and comprise multiple choice questions. You can find all the important information regarding WB SET 2019 here.
WB SET 2019 Important Dates
The West Bengal College Service Commission has not yet released the official notification regarding the WB SET 2019 important dates. However, candidates can check out the tentative schedule of WB SET 2019 in the table below:
|Commencement of Online Application Form||1st week of August 2019|
|Last date for the submission of online application form||Last week of August 2019|
|Commencement of Application Fees||1st week of August 2019|
|Last Day for submitting Application Fees||1st week of September 2019|
|Release of admit card||7 days before the exam|
|Day of Examination||December 2019|
Also Read: Find Out All About Maharashtra SET 2019 Exam
WB SET Eligibility Criteria 2019
The educational qualification required to be eligible for WB SET 2019 is given in detail below:
WB SET Educational Qualification
- The candidate must have a masters degree that is recognised by the U.G.C.
- The candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (no rounding off) in their master’s degree OR an equivalent degree from universities/institutions that are recognized by UGC and state government will be eligible for this test.
- Ph.D. degree holders who completed their Master’s examination by 19th September 1991, irrespective of the date on which the result was declared, shall be considered eligible for a relaxation of 5% in the aggregate marks.
- The candidates belonging to reserved categories will be given a relaxation of 5%.
- The candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing for the qualifying Master’s Degree examination and whose results are awaited OR the candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may appear for this test additionally.
WB SET Age Requirement
There is no age limit to apply for WB SET 2019.
WB SET 2019 Application Form
WB SET 2019 application form will be available from the first week of August. You can fill in the forms online. The last date to submit WB SET 2019 application forms is in the first week of September. It is essential for the candidates to go through the eligibility criteria before filling the form.
How to Apply for WB SET 2019
The WB SET application is a step-by-step process. Candidates can follow the steps given below to apply for WB SET 2019
- Go to the official website of WBCSC.
- You will find a tab ‘Apply for SET examination – 2019’.
- Click on the option of ‘Apply Now’ that will be in front of the tab.
- You will be asked to fill in the main details like choosing the topic of the paper and exam centre first.
- After filling the main details you will have to enter your personal details. Make sure you fill the form correctly.
- Provide a mobile number and email id that is valid and active. You will be notified about everything on the email id that you give in the form.
- You will be taken to the page where you will have to submit your academic qualifications. Be very careful while entering the marks.
- After that, you will be asked to upload some scanned documents. Your photograph and signature are a must to upload because without them your application will not be accepted.
- Finally, you will have to submit the application fee.
- Your application process will be complete after this. It is advised to save your registration number as it will be useful later.
WB SET 2019 Application Fees
Candidates can pay the application fees of WB SET 2019 both in online or offline mode. If you are paying via online medium then you can pay through debit card, credit card or net banking. For those paying via offline mode, you can pay cash at any branch of Union Bank of India through Challan. The application fee is non-refundable.
WB SET Exam Pattern 2019
The WB SET 2019 will be conducted in the month of December 2019. Check out the detailed WB SET 2019 exam pattern which will help candidates to be well prepared for the examination.
|Paper 1||General question on Aptitude and Teaching||100||50||1 hour 15 minutes|
|Paper 2||Subject Paper||100||50||1 hour 15 minutes|
|Paper 3||Subject paper with in-depth questions||150||75||2 hours 30 minutes|
WB SET 2019 Subjects
The WB SET 2019 exam will be conducted by the West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) in 30 subjects. They are as follows:
Computer Science and Applications
Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
Mass Communication and Journalism
|Law||Library & Information Science|
WB SET 2019 Examination Centres
The places where WB SET 2019 will be conducted in various districts of the West Bengal State and they are as follows:
- South 24 Pgs
- North 24 Pgs
- Uttar Dinajpur
WB SET Admit Card 2019
The admit card of WB SET 2019 will be available on the official website of WBCSC. The WB SET 2019 admit card will be released 7 days before the exam. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website. It is mandatory to carry WB SET admit card on the day of examination. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall without the WB SET admit card.
WB SET Result 2019
WB SET Result 2019 will be declared soon after the exam on the official website. Candidates can view their WB SET 2019 result by using their registration number.
WB SET Selection Process 2019
The candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in WB SET exam. The West Bengal College Service Commission will select candidates according to their merit in the entrance exam.
Stay tuned to collegedekho, for more news and updates!