- IGNOU B.Ed Admission Highlights 2024
- IGNOU B.Ed 2024 Admission Dates
- How to Apply for IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2024
- Documents Required for IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2024
- IGNOU B.Ed 2024 Selection Process
- IGNOU B.Ed 2024 Eligibility Criteria
- IGNOU B.Ed 2024 Syllabus
- IGNOU B.Ed 2024 Subjects
- IGNOU B.Ed 2024 Result
- IGNOU B.Ed Admission Fee 2024
- IGNOU B.Ed 2024 Counselling Process
- IGNOU B.Ed 2024 Regional Centres
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2024: Indira Gandhi National Open University, popularly known as IGNOU provides admission to the B.Ed programme through an entrance exam. IGNOU BEd admission 2024 for the January session is expected to begin in December 2023. During the application process, aspirants have to fill up the exam form and wait for the release of the admit card to appear for the exam.
To apply for the IGNOU B.Ed admission 2024, candidates need to visit the official site, ignou.ac.in. The exact date for the release of the application form has not been announced yet by IGNOU. However, B.Ed aspirants can expect the IGNOU B.Ed entrance exam to be conducted in January 2024. Students will be provided admission to the B.Ed course based on their score in the entrance exam. With the application form, candidates also have to submit self-attested copies of some important documents. The original copies of the documents might have to be submitted by the students for verification in their Regional Centres after getting their admission confirmation letter.
B.Ed is a popular choice among candidates who want to pursue a career in teaching. Thousands of applications are received every year in various universities, colleges and institutions across India for the B.Ed course. Among all the other B.Ed colleges in India, IGNOU provides an ODL method B.Ed degree which is the primary reason why many candidates choose the university in the first place. Only those who meet the eligibility criteria and pass the entrance exam will get a chance for IGNOU B.Ed admission. This article provides all the important details of B.Ed admission at IGNOU such as IGNOU B.Ed admission fees 2024, eligibility criteria and application process.
IGNOU B.Ed Admission Highlights 2024
B.Ed aspirants can get an overview of IGNOU B.Ed admission from this section. In the table below, candidates can check out the IGNOU B.Ed 2024 admission highlights.
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
Minimum Duration of the Course
Maximum Course Duration
50% marks in Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Commerce/ Humanity
55% marks in Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree in B.E or B.Tech
Medium of Instruction
English and Hindi
Entrance Exam Mode
Rs. 55,000 for the entire B.Ed course
IGNOU B.Ed 2024 Admission Dates
Candidates who are aspiring to study B.Ed at IGNOU should be well informed about the admission and the IGNOU BEd entrance exam 2024 dates. These important dates will help them to stay updated with the upcoming events. From the table below, check out the IGNOU BEd admission dates.
IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2024 Notification
November 2023 (Tentative)
Beginning of the IGNOU B.Ed 2024 Application Form Fillup
December 2023 (Tentative)
Last Date to Fill up the B.Ed Entrance Exam Form
To be Notified
Admit Card Release Date
To be Notified
IGNOU BEd Entrance Exam 2024
January 2024 (Tentative)
Answer Key Release Date
To be Notified
IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam Result
To be Notified
How to Apply for IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2024
The application process for IGNOU BEd admission includes a few important steps. Applicants have to make sure that they complete all the steps so that their application is accepted by the university.
Candidates who want to appear for the IGNOU BEd entrance exam 2024 need to fill out the application form. They can check out the steps below to apply for the IGNOU BEd admission.
- Candidates have to visit IGNOU’s official website, ignou.ac.in.
- For new applicants, candidates have to click on the ‘Register Yourself’ option that appears in the applicant login area.
- Those candidates have to fill in the required registration details.
- Apart from these, applicants also have to choose a username that should be between 8 to 16 characters. A password needs to be created which must be alphanumeric and between 8 to 16 characters.
- After you have filled in the necessary particulars, click on the "SUBMIT" button.
- The username that candidates have selected will be instantly sent to them via e-mail. Candidates should remember their Username and Password for subsequent login.
- Those who have already registered i.e. candidates who are existing users need to click on the "LOGIN" button.
- Candidates need to have their scanned photograph and scanned signature before proceeding for filling out the application form online.
- An application fee of INR 1,000 needs to be paid during the form-filling process. The fee can be paid through Credit card (Master/ Visa), Debit card (Master/ Visa/ Rupay) and Net Banking methods.
- After candidates have uploaded their photograph and signature, they need to click on the next button. Applicants will also get the Form Preview option.
- The IGNOU B.Ed application form is necessary so don’t forget to save or print your form for future reference.
Documents Required for IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2024
The candidates must ensure that they have a digital copy of all the documents that need to be submitted at the college. Provided here are the important documents that will be required for the IGNOU BEd admission:
- Marksheet for qualifying examination, i.e. a valid undergraduate or postgraduate degree in any field
- Class 12 board examination certificate or mark sheet
- Class 10 examination certificate or mark sheet for proof of date of birth.
- Transfer Certificate of the candidate
- Migration Certificate
- Caste or Community Certificate, if applicable.
- Scanned copy of the candidate’s passport sized photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned copy of the candidate’s signature (less than 50 KB)
IGNOU B.Ed 2024 Selection Process
The IGNOU B.Ed 2024 selection process is conducted based on the marks received by the candidates in the entrance exam. IGNOU B.Ed admission 2024 includes an entrance exam that the aspirants have to take in order to get admission to IGNOU. Candidates who will pass the entrance exam have to provide valid documents to the university to prove their eligibility. The shortlisting will be done based on these factors. Candidates who will produce false documents will not be allowed to participate in the further rounds of the IGNOU B.Ed admission. The final selection will be done by the university, on the basis of which a merit list will be released to shortlist the eligible candidates.
IGNOU B.Ed 2024 Eligibility Criteria
To appear for the IGNOU BEd entrance exam 2024, aspirants have to make sure that they meet all the requirements. Find here the eligibility criteria for IGNOU BEd admission that all candidates seeking admission to the B.Ed course need to fulfil.
- Candidates need to have at least 50% aggregate marks either in their Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Commerce/ Humanities. Aspirants who have completed their B.Tech (Bachelor‘s in Technology) or B.E (Bachelor‘s in Engineering) with specialization in Science and Mathematics should have scored 55% aggregate marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto.
- B.Ed aspirants should be i) Trained in-service teachers in elementary education and ii) Completed an NCTE-recognized teacher education programme through Face-to-Face mode.
- The reservation and relaxation of 5% marks will be provided to candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC (Non-creamy layer)/ PWD candidates as per the rules of the Central Government.
- Aspirants who are Kashmiri migrants and war widows will be provided reservations as per the university rules.
- A Master’s Degree awarded without a first degree is not accepted for the purpose of academic studies at IGNOU.
IGNOU B.Ed 2024 Syllabus
A detailed knowledge of the B.Ed syllabus is necessary before applying for IGNOU BEd admission. Candidates can take a look at the IGNOU B.Ed 2024 syllabus for the 2-year course duration from the table below:
Childhood and Growing Up
Contemporary India and Education
Learning and Teaching
Language Across the Curriculum
Understanding Disciplines and Subjects
Pedagogy of Science
Pedagogy of Social Science
Pedagogy of Mathematics
Pedagogy of English
Pedagogy of Hindi
Workshop Based Activities
Reading and Reflecting on the Texts
Application of ICT
Internship I (B.Ed)
Adolescence and Family Education
Knowledge and Curriculum
Assessment for Learning
Creating an Inclusive School
Gender, School and Society
Open and Distance Education
Guidance and Counseling
Information and Communication Technology
Workshop Based Activities
Drama and Art in Education
Understanding the Self and Yoga
Internship II (B.Ed)
IGNOU B.Ed 2024 Subjects
All the courses included in the IGNOU B.Ed syllabus have specific subjects. Candidates who are waiting for IGNOU BEd admission can take a look at the IGNOU B.Ed 2024 subjects from the following table:
UNDERSTANDING CHILDHOOD AND ADOLESCENCE
GROWING UP: INFANCY TO ADULTHOOD
CRITICAL DEBATES IN CHILDHOOD AND ADOLESCENCE
INDIAN SOCIETAL CONTEXT AND EDUCATION
POLICY FRAMEWORKS FOR EDUCATION IN INDIA
PHILOSOPHICAL PERSPECTIVES OF EDUCATION
ISSUES AND CONCERNS IN SECONDARY EDUCATION
LEARNING: PERSPECTIVES AND APPROACHES
UNDERSTANDING THE LEARNER
TEACHER AS A PROFESSIONAL
UNDERSTANDING LANGUAGE ACROSS THE CURRICULUM
TEACHING AND ASSESSING LANGUAGE ACROSS THE CURRICULUM
UNDERSTANDING KNOWLEDGE AND DISCIPLINES
SUBJECTS IN SCHOOL CURRICULUM
TEACHING-LEARNING OF SCIENCE
CONTENT BASED METHODOLOGY-1
CONTENT BASED METHODOLOGY-II
PEDAGOGY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
TEACHING-LEARNING PROCESS: SPECIFIC TO SUBJECT AREAS
CONTENT BASED METHODOLOGY: HISTORY AND POLITICAL SCIENCE
CONTENT BASED METHODOLOGY: GEOGRAPHY AND ECONOMICS
UNDERSTANDING THE DISCIPLINE OF MATHEMATICS
TEACHING –LEARNING OF MATHEMATICS
CONTENT BASED METHODOLOGY-I
CONTENT BASED METHODOLOGY-II
INSTRUCTIONAL PLANNING IN TEACHING OF ENGLISH
LISTENING COMPREHENSION AND SPEAKING
TEACHING WRITING AND GRAMMAR
UNDERSTANDING, READING AND REFLECTING ON THE TEXT
ICT IN EDUCATION AND ITS IMPLICATIONS
KNOWLEDGE IN EDUCATION
CURRICULUM ENGAGEMENT IN SCHOOLS
EVALUATION IN TEACHING-LEARNING PROCESS
TECHNIQUES AND TOOLS OF ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION
ANALYSING AND INTERPRETING LEARNER’S PERFORMANCE
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
STRATEGIES FOR CREATING INCLUSIVE CLASSROOMS
GENDER ISSUES IN SCHOOL AND SOCIETY
GENDER AND PEDAGOGIC PRACTICES
OPEN AND DISTANCE EDUCATION: GENESIS AND EVOLUTION
TEACHING AT A DISTANCE: DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF ODE RESOURCES
LEARNER SUPPORT SERVICES IN ODE
PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT OF ODE
INTRODUCTION TO GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
TECHNIQUES AND PROCEDURES
GUIDING STUDENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
ADOLESCENCE: DEVELOPMENT OF SELF AND IDENTITY
ISSUES AND CONCERNS OF ADOLESCENTS
LIFE SKILLS, GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
TEACHER EMPOWERMENT FOR ADOLESCENCE EDUCATION
TEACHING AND LEARNING RESOURCES
ICT AND PEDAGOGY
SUPPORT SYSTEMS, LEGAL AND ETHICAL ISSUES
DRAMA AND ART IN EDUCATION
THE WORLD WITHIN ONESELF
SELF AND YOGA
IGNOU B.Ed 2024 Result
On the basis of the IGNOU B.Ed entrance exam 2024 date, the IGNOU B.Ed 2024 result is expected to be released in February or the beginning of March 2024. Once the entrance exam has concluded, the university takes a few weeks to release the B.Ed result. To check the result, candidates have to visit the official website of IGNOU. Candidates can expect the result to be released in the form of a scorecard and merit list. B.Ed aspirants who will pass the entrance exam can take part in the counselling round and complete their IGNOU B.Ed admission 2024.
Steps to Check IGNOU B.Ed 2024 Result
Find here the step-by-step process to check the IGNOU BEd entrance exam 2024 result:
- Candidates need to visit the official website of IGNOU, i.e., ignou.ac.in.
- Find the ‘Result’ tab and click on the link.
- Then click on the ‘Result of B.Ed Entrance Examination for 2024’ link.
- The applicants will be redirected to the results page after that.
- Candidates will then have to enter their IGNOU enrolment number and select their program.
- The IGNOU B.Ed 2024 result and scorecard will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of their IGNOU B.Ed 2024 scorecard for future reference.
IGNOU B.Ed Admission Fee 2024
The IGNOU BEd admission fee 2024 needs to be paid only by Demand Draft drawn in favour of IGNOU payable at the city where your Regional Centre is situated. Candidates need to write their names and the programme to which they are seeking admission, i.e., B.Ed program on the back of the Demand Draft to ensure proper credit of your programme fee to the relevant account. The IGNOU B.Ed programme fee 2024 for the B.Ed programme is:
Fee (In Rs.)
IGNOU B.Ed 2024 Counselling Process
Eligible candidates may have to attend the IGNOU B.Ed counselling round that will be done in their respective Regional Centres based on the merit list or rank list and the availability of seats. Students at that time have to bring all original certificates for verification purposes. The details submitted by the candidates in the IGNOU B.Ed application form are subject to verification by admitting authorities. Candidates if found submitting wrong information, will be considered illegal and their candidature will be cancelled at any stage. All candidates are also advised to regularly check their emails (as provided in the online form) for updates on the counselling round.
IGNOU B.Ed 2024 Regional Centres
There are around 57 Regional Centres all over India where candidates can visit and ask for the IGNOU B.Ed admission 2024 prospectus. As candidates have to complete the B.Ed course through ODL (Online Distance Learning) method, these Regional Centres will help candidates to solve their doubts. In India, there are 11 Army Recognized Regional Centres for IGNOU. Find here the names, codes and the address of the Regional Centres.
Other B.Ed Admission Related Articles
Candidates who have any query related to IGNOU B.Ed admission 2024 may clear their doubts by calling on our toll-free number 1800-572-9877 or filling up the Common Application Form. You may also drop your questions in our Q&A zone.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho and speak to our counsellors for any admission related queries!