- B.P.Ed Course Highlights 2022
- Importance of B.P.Ed Course in India
- Who should pursue a B.P.Ed course?
- Eligibility Criteria for B.P.Ed Admissions 2022
- Application Form for B.P.Ed Admissions 2022
- Documents Required for B.P.Ed Application Form 2022
- Admission Process for B.P.Ed Admissions 2022
- B.P.Ed Entrance Exams 2022
- Course Fees for B.P.Ed Admissions 2022
- Course Curriculum for B.P.Ed Admissions 2022
- Top Colleges for B.P. Ed. Admissions 2022
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
A bachelor's degree programme in sports and fitness is known as B.P.Ed, or Bachelor of Physical Education. The focus of the course is on improving both one's physical and mental health and fitness. The benefits of sports and physical activity for bettering physical and mental health are publicly discussed.
Due to the fast-growing and lucrative global sports business, which is currently valued at USD 620 billion, the B.P.Ed course presents a solid employment option. By 2022, the Indian sports industry would expand by 18%, creating a lot of job chances for B.P.Ed graduates. Sports trainers and coaches now have more career options thanks to government initiatives like Khelo India.
Students who have earned at least a 50% grade point average in their 10+2 exams are eligible for the B.P.Ed programme. The programme lasts one to four years. Students who have earned their graduation in any pertinent field may study the same course. In this situation, the course lasts only one to two years. Admission to the programme is granted either based on performance on an entrance exam or on the basis of merit. For the purpose of selecting a smaller pool of applicants for course entrance, there may also be a physical screening process.
A few of the popular entrance exams conducted for admission to the B.P.Ed programme are: LPU PET, ITM NEST, MAH B.P.Ed CET, AP PECET, TS PECET, BHU B.P.Ed entrance exam. The B.P.Ed average course fee ranges from INR 10,000 to INR 60,000 in India. A few of the top colleges in India that offer B.P.Ed undergraduate degree programme are: Banaras Hindu University, University Of Lucknow, Lovely Professional University, Amity university, Aligarh Muslim University, etc.
A few of the top job profiles after completing a B.P.Ed degree in India are: Physical education teacher, personal trainer, sports trainer, gym trainer, yoga teacher, fitness coach, soft skills trainer, etc. All the information pertaining to B.P.Ed 2022 admissions in India will be covered in this article, including the application form, admissions procedure, course cost, entrance examinations, and a list of the best universities in India where students can pursue this degree.
B.P.Ed Course Highlights 2022
The highlights section will provide you with an overview of all the crucial aspects of the B.P.Ed course like eligibility criteria, course duration, course fee, application process, top recruiters, etc.
B.P.Ed Course duration
1 - 4 years
Candidates must have passed 10+2 examinations from a recognized board or must possess a bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university with a minimum aggregate of 50% (for general category).
Merit-based or entrance exam based
B.P.Ed Entrance Exams
BHU B.P.Ed entrance exam, LPU PET, MAH B.P.Ed CET, ITM NEST, LPUNEST, AP PECET,
B.P.Ed Course Fee
INR 10,000 to INR 60,000
B.P.Ed Average Salary
INR 2.5 lakhs to INR 5 lakhs
A physical education teacher, sports trainer, personal trainer, gym trainer, soft skill trainer, yoga trainer, coach commentator, sports journalist, fitness in charge, etc.
Top Recruiting Companies
Narayana, Pathways School, Delhi Public School, Revolution Sports Pvt.Ltd, Sports Focus Investments
University Of Lucknow, Lovely Professional University, Amity university, Aligarh Muslim University, etc.
Importance of B.P.Ed Course in India
In India, playing sports is no longer considered a way to unwind. The massive investment in sports and allied fields has brought a revival in the Indian sports industry. One of these programmes is the Bachelor of Physical Education or B.P.Ed, which prepares students to pursue a wide range of sporting careers. The B.P.Ed syllabus has been created in such a way that it teaches the candidates not only the methods of various sports, but also other soft skills like leadership, teaching practice for a deeper comprehension of the psychology of the students, and many others. A few of the advantages of pursuing of a B.P.Ed course are as follows:
- The B.P.Ed programme aids applicants in building communication skills that will enable them to mentor students more successfully as well as understanding various sports management methodologies, principles, and sociology. Following points will help us comprehend the significance of B.P.Ed courses includes the following:
- India's sports business is expanding rapidly and exponentially. It is expected to develop at a CAGR of 18% through 2022, making it one of India's fastest growing industries and creating job opportunities for the country's numerous sports managers, trainers, and coaches.
- The B.P.Ed programme assists students in finding a rewarding job in a variety of ancillary industries, including commentator, sports journalist, commentator, sports administrator, and many more.
- The majority of B.P.Ed graduates receive job offers as coaches, trainers, instructors, and many other positions. The Athletics Federation of India, the Sports Authority of India, the AIFF, and many other government organizations hire B.P.Ed applicants. The typical compensation falls between INR 300,000 and INR 600,000 per year, however it can sometimes reach INR 12 to INR 15 lakhs. In private institutions, salaries are likewise highly competitive, with some employees making over INR 300,000. Other advantages offered by the government and commercial institutions include insurance, health and dental coverage, retirement benefits, and many more.
- After completing the B.P.Ed course, candidates for the degree in professional education can establish their own academy or training programme. In India, there are more than 5000 private sports academies or coaching facilities where aspiring sportsmen can receive instruction.
- A B.P.Ed graduate's employment involves instructing individuals in a variety of sports. When athletes compete and place first in any worldwide competition, it gives people a tremendous amount of job satisfaction.
Who should pursue a B.P.Ed course?
Following candidates must consider themselves to enroll in the B.P.Ed degree programme:
- Candidates who want to work in India's sports business can enroll in the Bachelor in Physical Education programme.
- Candidates should enroll in the Bachelor of Physical Education programme if they have a passion for sports and are physically capable of handling the demands of training athletes.
- Candidates should enroll in the course if they want to help India's sport and related industries develop.
- A lot of travel is necessary for a career as a trainer or sports coach. Candidates should only pursue a B.P.Ed if they are willing to travel frequently.
- Candidates interested in working with young children at the grassroots level and guiding them toward becoming professional athletes should enroll in a Bachelor of Physical Education course.
Eligibility Criteria for B.P.Ed Admissions 2022
The following general eligibility requirements must be met by applicants for the admission to the B.P.Ed course. Recognize that while the B.P.Ed course is provided for various durations, the eligibility criteria of various institutes varies according to the duration of the B.P.Ed course.
- Students who passed their 10+2 exam with at least 50% aggregate marks from any recognised board are eligible for three-year to four-year B.P.Ed course. Candidates must note that the minimum aggregate percentage for 3 to 4 years of B.P.Ed course might differ from institute to institute, therefore, candidates are advised to visit the particular institute’s website for which they are applying in order to check the accurate eligibility requirements including the minimum aggregate percentage required by that institute for admission to its B.P.Ed course.
- Candidates must be at least 17 years old to be admitted to the 3 to 4 years of B.P.Ed programme.
- Students holding a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or university and a minimum cumulative GPA of 50% are eligible for courses lasting one to two years. The required minimum aggregate percentage may differ from one college to the other and it can go as high as 60%.
- Candidates must be between the ages of 19 and 25 in order to be admitted to the 1- or 2-year programme.
- In addition to meeting the aforementioned requirements, one must pass the college or university's physical screening and personal interview rounds.
- Additionally, one must be athletically inclined and have taken part in intercollegiate, interscholastic, or individual sporting events.
- Both male and female applicants are accepted for admission to the 1-2 year programme, but certain colleges prioritize male applicants.
Application Form for B.P.Ed Admissions 2022
The application form for B.P. Ed course can be filled either through the online or offline mode, depending on the institution. The offline and online application process for B.P. Ed has been specified separately below:
Online Application Process for B.P.Ed Admissions 2022
In order to apply for B.P. Ed. admissions 2022 through the online process, the candidate needs to follow the given steps:
Visit the official website of the respective college/institution you want to apply for admission in.
On the homepage, click on the link for B.P.Ed. application form.
If you are a new user, register on the website using your email id, contact number and password. The login details will be sent to you via registered mail or contact number.
Log in using the details where you will access the B.P. Ed. Application form.
Fill the form using all the required information such as name, father’s name, address, educational qualification, etc.
Upload the signature, photograph and other required documents in the proper format.
Finally, you will have to pay the application fee to complete the application process. You can pay the fee either through debit/ credit/ net banking. Remember to keep the fee receipt for the payment made.
After fee payment, click on the submit button.
You can now download and store the application form for future reference. Some institute also requires the students to mail the duly completed application form along with fee receipt to their admission centres.
Offline Application Process for B.P.Ed Admissions 2022
In order to apply for B.P. Ed. admissions 2022 through the offline process, the candidate needs to follow the given steps:
Go through the complete instructions for applying offline for the B.P. Ed. admission 2022
Collect all the documents required for admission before going for application.
Visit the admission counter of the respective institute.
You will have to pay the application fee and with the help of an admission counsellor, fill the application form using the required details.
Submit all the required documents for the application. The offline application process will be completed.
Documents Required for B.P.Ed Application Form 2022
Candidates must keep the below required documents ready before filling the application form(both offline and online). The list of the crucial documents required at the time of application form filling is mentioned below:
- Valid Email ID
- Aadhar No.
- Mobile Number : Mobile number should be with the applicant at the time of form filling. The login Credentials (Registration no and password) will be sent on this mobile number and the registered email ID
- Alternate Mobile Number (Preferably of parent)
- Scanned Photo in JPEG format (Maximum upload size is 50 KB only)
- Scanned Signature in jpeg format (Maximum upload size is 50 KB only)
- Government Issued Photo ID proof. It can any one of the following documents mentioned below:
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID
- EWS Certificate: Candidates must select yes on the personal information page if they wish to be considered for seats in the Economically Weaker Section (EWS). On this page, where there is a space to upload a photo and a signature, the certificate for this must be supplied. The EWS certificate issued by the proper authority would be required.
- Caste Certificate: For applicants who are OBC, SC, or ST, the caste certificate number issued by the appropriate government must be submitted in order to take advantage of the benefit of reservation. These certificates' validity will be checked on the government website. On this page, where there is a space to upload a photo and a signature, the certificate for this must be supplied.
- At the time of counseling, applicants who fall under the OBC (Non Creamy Layer) category must present the following certificates:
- OBC Certificate dated July 1, 2019, or after
- A certificate for OBC Non Creamy Layer that was issued before July 1, 2019, will not be taken into consideration.
- The benefit of reservation will be extended to candidates who are members of the scheduled caste, scheduled tribe, and other backward classes who are natives of Uttar Pradesh. Candidates from Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Classes in other States will be considered generally.
- Income Certificate: Candidates must note the following points related to the submission of an Income Certificate(if required):
- When filling out the application, applicants must indicate the number of these certifications.
- The income certificate will be validated on the government website and must be issued on or after January 1, 2022.
- Income Certificates whose information is not present on the government website will not be accepted.
- The benefit of paying no fees at the time of admission will not be extended to candidates without a current income certificate issued by a competent body.
Admission Process for B.P.Ed Admissions 2022
The admission process for B.P.Ed. course in India varies depending on the colleges. While some of the colleges take admission on the basis of the merit of the student, some colleges conduct their own entrance test to evaluate the eligibility of the students for admission. For merit-based admission, the colleges release their cutoff for admission. If the student has acquired the cutoff marks in the 12th/graduation level exam, he/she can go for direct admission. The basic admission process for B.P. Ed. goes through 3 steps:
Written Test: In the written test, the candidates have to acquire the minimum cutoff score to qualify for the test. The topics which are included in the syllabus for the written test are English, General Knowledge, General Aptitude, Science, and Social Science.
Physical Fitness Test: In this test, the candidates are evaluated on the basis of different sports activities. The parameters which are evaluated for Physical fitness are given as below:
1 front roll
1 front roll
Personal Interview: This is the final round where the students are asked some basic questions related to soft skills and sports.
Based on the overall score obtained by the candidate in all of the rounds, the admission is provided to the qualifying candidates.
B.P.Ed Entrance Exams 2022
Admission to the programme is granted either based on performance on an entrance exam or on the basis of merit. There can also be a physical examination round. In the case of an entrance exam, the candidate's test score and score attained during the physical screening round are combined to create a cumulative score. The results of the entrance exam and physical test are used to determine who gets into the courses. Written test questions are based on the curriculum of the required bachelor of physical education course. A physical fitness test, a test of game proficiency, etc. will follow subsequently.
Only those who have taken the written exam, physical fitness test, game proficiency test, and interview will be taken into consideration(the number of rounds might differ from institute to institute). The list below includes some of the most well-known entrance tests for the B.P.Ed course.
MAH B.P.Ed CET
August 2, 2022 - Written Test
August 3 - 6, 2022 - Physical Field Test
August 17, 2022 onwards (onwards 7 A.M)
September 21, 2022
BHU B.P.Ed Entrance Exam
August 24, 25, 26 and 30, 2022 (phase 6)
September 11, 2022 (Re-test)
Course Fees for B.P.Ed Admissions 2022
The fee structure for B.P.Ed admission depends on the type and level of the college offering the course. Private institutes charge higher course fee as compared to government institutes. However, on average the course for B.P. Ed ranges somewhere in between INR 6000 to 60,000 per year.
Course Curriculum for B.P.Ed Admissions 2022
The students who get admission to the Bachelor of Physical Education will have to complete a certain syllabus as the course curriculum. As specified in the above sections, the duration of the course depends on the educational qualification of the student (1-2 years for graduation & 3-4 years for 12th). The subjects which are included in the course curriculum for B.P. Ed is given in the table below:
Physical Education: History, Foundations and Principles
History of Physical Education
Foundation of Physical Education
Principles of Physical Education
Anatomy and Physiology
Blood & Circulation System
Origin of Olympics
Olympic Games Committee
Environmental Studies and Health Education
Natural Resources & other environmental issues
Health Issues in India
Duties of the Official
Coach as Mentor
Qualities & Qualification
Yoga & its foundation
Top Colleges for B.P. Ed. Admissions 2022
In India, there are various private as well as government colleges that offer admission to B.P. Ed. course. Some of the top colleges in India for B.P. Ed. admission 2022 are given in the table below:
Name of the College
INR 79, 570
INR 78, 800
INR 11, 200
INR 4, 214
INR 75, 800
Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University
INR 23, 500
By highlighting the significance of both exercise and diet, the discipline of physical education assists you in maintaining your physical fitness. Candidates should choose the Bachelor of Physical Education programme if they have a strong enthusiasm for sports and related activities. A BPEd degree can open up a wide range of professional opportunities, from participating in the sport of choice to becoming a physical fitness trainer. The majority of B.P.Ed graduates receive job offers as coaches, trainers, instructors, and many other positions. The Athletics Federation of India, the Sports Authority of India, the AIFF, and many other government organizations hire B.P.Ed applicants. The typical compensation falls between INR 2,50,000 and INR 600,000 per year, however it can sometimes reach upto INR 12 to INR 15 lakhs. In private institutions, salaries are likewise highly competitive, with some employees making over INR 300,000. Other advantages offered by the government and commercial institutions include insurance, health and dental coverage, retirement benefits, and many more.
Interested candidates can also apply for direct admission to B.P. Ed. through the Common Application Form on Collegedekho.
For more updates and informative articles, stay tuned to Collegedekho!