- B.Ed Distance Education Admissions 2022 Overview / Highlights
- B.Ed Distance Education Admissions 2022
- What is the Legal Status of B.Ed Distance Education?
- Is B.Ed Distance Degree Valid?
- B.Ed Distance Education Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Duration of Distance B.Ed Course
- Required Skills/ Qualities to be an Excellent Teacher
- B.Ed Distance Education Admission Process 2022
- B.Ed Correspondence/ Distance Learning Program Objectives
- B.Ed Distance Education Advantages/ Benefits
- Disadvantages of B.Ed Distance Education
- B.Ed Distance Education Specialisations
- Top B.Ed Distance Education Colleges in India with Fees 2022
- Career Options after B.Ed Distance Education
- Top Recruiters of Distanced B.Ed
- B.Ed Distance Education Syllabus
- Other B.Ed Admission Related Articles
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
B.Ed is considered the most sought-after course that makes one eligible to apply for the position of teacher in government and private schools across the country. The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) programme is a popular degree in the field of education that aims to develop a thorough understanding of the teaching and learning process at the primary, secondary and higher secondary levels. The B.Ed programme typically lasts two years. This two-year programme is organised into four semesters. To qualify for this programme, students must have a graduate degree from a UGC-recognized institution and at least 50% in the particular discipline.
However, pursuing B.Ed course in regular mode is not ever one’s cup of tea. Due to various reasons, many graduates prefer to take up B.Ed distance education so that they can earn by working and obtain a degree side by side. B.Ed distance education is offered by numerous B.Ed Distance colleges across the country.
Graduates who wish to take up B.Ed course in distance mode might have numerous doubts such as the validity of the degree, applicability for government jobs, career scope etc. In this article, CollegeDekho has tried its best to clarify the doubts of the graduates with regard to distance B.Ed course, distance B.Ed admissions 2022, eligibility, fees, admission process, objectives of the course, list of top distance B.Ed colleges in India etc. We hope that this analysis will help the students in choosing the distance B.Ed in the right college.
B.Ed Distance Education Admissions 2022 Overview / Highlights
Here is a quick overview of the B.Ed distance education course below -
Distance / Correspondence
Course Eligibility Criteria
Graduate with at least 50% marks
One - Two years
INR 40,000 - 1,00,000 /- (approx)
B.Ed Distance Education Admissions 2022
Distance learning is a boon for working professionals who wish to continue their higher studies to enhance their careers.
The methodologies and learning patterns are slightly altered, but the progress is conventional, and students are provided with good opportunities upon completion of the programme. The majority of individuals choose this strategy and have a positive experience.
Here are the significant pointers of B.Ed distance education admissions 2022 -
- Students can begin teaching after finishing a B.Ed through online study. This allows the individual to gain expertise and prepare for higher-level classes while teaching lower-level subjects.
- One can sustain their present jobs while pursuing B.Ed distance education.
- Course materials will be provided by the University or College as part of the tuition costs.
- B.Ed Distance Education emphasises practical learning over theoretical education.
Before going into the list of top distance B.Ed colleges in India and fee structure, it is important to have clarity on whether a distance B.Ed degree is valid or not.
What is the Legal Status of B.Ed Distance Education?
Most students are concerned about whether or not their online education degree is genuine.
Before enrolling in any course, one should be aware of the statutory bodies in charge of regulating the eligibility conditions and which University or authority will award them the B.Ed distance education degree. A well-recognized degree can help the aspirants get into government positions or jobs at reputed institutions.
Keep the points in mind when applying for admission to B.Ed Distance Education.
- The University awarding the B.Ed distance education degree must be a recognized body.
- NCTE develops the eligibility rules for B.ED programmes.
- Degrees certified by the DEB and UGC demonstrate the authenticity of B.ED degree programmes.
Is B.Ed Distance Degree Valid?
B.Ed distance degree is absolutely valid and acceptable for government and private teaching jobs in schools. However, one should have a distance B.Ed degree from a top university that adds value to their career. Candidates with a distance B.Ed degree can apply for government teaching jobs. However, they will be considered for jobs only if they score high merit in the recruitment exam conducted by the state/ central government.
Students should check the accreditation of the programme. Typically, NCTE governs B.Ed programme eligibility.
Students can also see if the course has been approved by the University Grants Commission and the Distance Education Board (UGC). The candidate can apply for any central government position if one of these organisations recognises the B.Ed programme.
B.Ed Distance Education Eligibility Criteria 2022
The eligibility criteria for a distance B.Ed course are different from a regular B.Ed course. Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is one of the popular universities preferred by students for pursuing distance B.Ed courses. The eligibility criterion of most universities is similar to the eligibility criteria of IGNOU distance B.Ed course. The eligibility criteria for a B.Ed distance education course are elaborated below -
- The applicant must be an Indian national.
- Students must have a minimum of 50% marks in BA - Bachelor of Arts/ B.Sc - Bachelor of Science/ B.Com - Bachelor of Commerce/ BCA - Bachelor of Computer Application/ B.Sc (Home Science)/ BBM and/or a Masters Degree in Commerce/ Social Sciences/ MA -Master of Arts or Humanities/ MSc - Master of Sciences at the time of applying for the B.Ed Entrance Test or B.Ed distance education admission.
- Candidates must have received a minimum of 55% in their B.E - Bachelor of Engineering/ Bachelor of Technology - B.Tech degree.
- Admission to the programme is open to students who have Science/ Mathematics as one of their subjects or those with an equivalent certificate.
- On the other hand, candidates from SC/ ST/ BC/ PH must have obtained a minimum of 40% - 45% (approx in the qualifying test or examination.
- Candidates in their final year of a Qualifying Examination (Bachelor or a Higher Degree) may also apply.
- They must, however, produce the mark sheet and pass certificate during admission counselling. Otherwise, they will be denied admission.
In addition to the previous eligibility prerequisites, the candidate needs to meet one of the two criteria listed below for admission via distance education mode:
- The aspirants must be trained, in-service primary teachers.
- Candidates who have at least two years of teaching experience in primary or upper primary schools can also take up a distance B.Ed course.
- Candidates who wish to take up distance B.Ed must be trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
- The candidates must have completed a face-to-face NCTE-recognized teacher education programme.
- Reservation and mark relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped categories would follow the State or Central Government norms wherever applicable.
- Admission to the B.Ed programme shall be entirely based on academic excellence in the candidate's qualifying examination in the relevant field of study.
|IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam 2022||B.Ed Entrance Exams in India - List|
Duration of Distance B.Ed Course
The duration of the distance B.Ed course is similar to the regular B.Ed course. The total duration of the distance B.Ed course is two years and the candidates will be given a maximum of five years to complete the course.
Required Skills/ Qualities to be an Excellent Teacher
Before joining the Distance B.Ed programme, it is critical to understand the skills and abilities required in the teaching field. Aspirants interested in pursuing a B.Ed distance learning programme should have the below crucial aspects:
Quick Learning Ability
B.Ed Distance Education Admission Process 2022
Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned above are granted admission in distance B.Ed course. Most universities like IGNOU, Andhra University, Annamalai University etc. conduct entrance exams for admission to distance B.Ed courses. The admission will be completely based on the score obtained by the candidates in the admission/ entrance test.
Every year, B.Ed distance education admission 2022 is available at several universities such as Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), Andhra University – School of Distance Education, Himachal Pradesh University, Kakatiya University, etc. Admission to the Distance B.Ed two-year degree programme will be based mainly on the qualifying exam results.
To give admission to the B.Ed two-year degree programmes, many Universities conduct a University-based or department-based entrance test. The applicants must pass the university entrance tests to be admitted to the B.Ed distance degree programme.
B.Ed Distance education in India is becoming more popular by the day. A bachelor's degree in education is required to work as a teacher.
B.Ed is an undergraduate professional degree that will allow qualified students to work as teachers. Distance Learning courses are becoming increasingly popular in India, and many students wish to acquire their B.Ed while working.
The admission process may vary from University to University. Some Universities may provide admission entirely based on merit, i.e., marks obtained in the last qualifying examination. While other institutions may have a combined process, the admission process may be partially dependent on merit and the entrance examination.
For instance, those willing to pursue a Distance B.Ed from IGNOU must appear for an entrance exam. Only qualified candidates are invited to the next stage of the procedure, which includes document verification and fee payment. Aspirants who want to take the IGNOU Bed entrance exam must have at least 50 per cent in their graduation or post-graduation.
Distance B.Ed Course from IGNOU
Admission will be based on the result acquired in the IGNOU entrance exam, which is held across India. The candidate must submit a completed application form and self-attested copies of the documents listed on the Entrance-cum-Admission Form. After receiving an admission offer letter, the original documents must be submitted for verification.
IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2022-23
For enrollment in the B.Ed programme, applicants can take the online entrance exam by visiting the IGNOU official website and filling out the application form.
The aspirant must have achieved a minimum of 50% from a recognised Indian university, with a 5% quota and relaxation for ST/ SC/ OBC students. Admission to the B.Ed programme requires passing the university's entrance exams. The B.Ed examination was held on May 8, 2022, at several exam centres across the country. The B.Ed examination lasted two hours.
B.Ed Correspondence/ Distance Learning Program Objectives
Teaching is regarded as one of the most respectable and noble jobs and an art that only a few can master. A teacher is responsible for various tasks, including guiding a child's career and contributing to their personality development. Undoubtedly, the growth of degree programmes has increased the demand for educators capable of delivering vital knowledge creatively.
Distance education is a popular learning style since it is more convenient for students. Weekend and vacation lectures have been introduced for students unable to attend regular classes.
Here are the objectives of the B.Ed distance education programme -
- To gain an understanding of the educational context in contemporary Indian society.
- To educate students about the importance of multicultural education and its role in the teaching-learning process.
- Systematising experiences and improving the competence of students and teachers.
- The aspiring teachers can begin working as a teacher in their field of work while pursuing their B.Ed Distance Education. This permits the aspiring teacher to obtain knowledge and experience for higher-level subjects while teaching lower-level classes.
- The individuals understand the disciplines' key concepts, inquiry methods, and structures and can design learning experiences that make these aspects of the subject matter meaningful.
- The student comprehends the process of student learning and growth, as well as various learning methods, and generates learning opportunities appropriate for diverse learners and learning situations.
- The student employs adequate knowledge of verbal, nonverbal, and media communication skills in the classroom to promote active inquiry, cooperation, and supportive engagement.
- The student comprehends and employs formal and informal assessment procedures to analyse and ensure the learners' ongoing intellectual, social, and physical growth.
- Through school-based experiences and reflective practices that constantly analyse the implications of their decisions and actions, the aspiring teacher develops a sense of self as an educator.
B.Ed Distance Education Advantages/ Benefits
Some of the advantages of studying B.Ed distance education are as follows -
- The aspirants can continue their job in addition to their studies.
- A distance B.Ed programme can save their study costs and time.
- They can have the flexibility to learn at their own pace.
- The ability to study whenever and wherever they want to.
- A distance B.Ed degree will help the aspirants with career advancement opportunities.
Disadvantages of B.Ed Distance Education
Here are the disadvantages of pursuing B.Ed Distance education -
- Distraction and lack of concentration are highly probable.
- Aspirants who are unfamiliar with using Technology for education can find it difficult to attend sessions online in case needed.
- The quality of education imparted may be compromised due to the standard of the Faculty.
- Employers sometimes question the credibility of distance degrees.
- Students will miss out on networking opportunities with teachers and classmates.
B.Ed Distance Education Specialisations
- B.Ed (Special Education) - Bachelor of Special Education is a specialised course in which students learn how to teach mentally challenged students. Educators who enjoy teaching and have a humble nature, patience, and a desire to help mentally ill children will be a good fit for this specialisation. To teach such students, the teacher must learn some tricks and methods that benefit both the teacher and the students.
- B.Ed (English) - Students who have completed their bachelor's degree in commerce or arts can pursue a BEd in English if they want to teach English. Students in this course learn how to teach children about literature along with updated teaching methods.
- B.Ed Physical Science - Physical science courses provide both theoretical and practical knowledge. Aspirants will be able to investigate concepts such as energy and force, space and time, and so on. B.Ed physical science graduates can teach students in scientific fields such as geology, mining geologist, environmental geochemist, and hydrologist, among others.
- B.Ed Commerce - The B.Ed in Commerce programme has been introduced to provide theoretical and practical knowledge. Candidates here study higher learning subjects such as accounting, business studies, economics, and English, among others. Candidates with a Bachelor of Commerce degree may pursue a teaching career in either private or government schools.
Some other specialisations include B.Ed Science, B.Ed in Social Science, B.Ed in Mathematics, B.Ed in Hindi, BEd in Physical Education, B.Ed in Psychology, etc.
Top B.Ed Distance Education Colleges in India with Fees 2022
Here is the list of some of the top universities in India that offer B.Ed courses in distance mode: -
Name of the University
Total Fees (approx)
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
New Delhi (IGNOU has regional and study centres across the country)
Andhra University – School of Distance Education
Annamalai University – School of Distance Education
Bangalore University – School of Distance Education
Bharathiar University – School of Distance Education
Bharathidasan University – School of Distance Education
Himachal Pradesh University – International Centre for Distance Education & Open Learning
Jamia Millia Islamia – Centre for Distance and Open Learning
Kakatiya University – School of Distance and Continuing Education
Rs. 35,000 – Rs. 40,000
Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University
Panjab University – USOL (University School of Open Learning)
Sri Venkateswara University – Directorate of Distance Education
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University
Rs. 40, 000
Karnataka State Open University
|Nalanda Open University||Patna|
Rs. 37, 500 - 50, 000
Rs. 40, 000
|Washim||Rs. 42, 100|
|Allahabad (Now Prayagraj)||Rs. 12, 200|
National Correspondance College (NCC)
Directorate Of Distance Education, University Of Jammu
|Jammu||Rs. 10, 060|
|Bhopal||Rs. 1.08 Lakh|
Directorate of Distance Education, Kurukshetra University
Colleges and their Rules about Bachelors of Education (B.Ed Distance Education)
This course is available at several colleges in India. This programme used to last three to five years, but it is now only one to two years long. Some colleges only offer a one-year programme. Some colleges hold entrance exams, and the general examination is only for a few institutes.
This course is designed for those who want to work in education or as a teacher. This is the primary degree required, particularly for employment as a primary or secondary school teacher.
BEd Distance Education Fees
The total fees for the B.Ed distance education course are between 10,000 - 1,00,000 INR per year (approx). It may also differ per university or college. Some other popular B.Ed distance education colleges and universities are
- Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU)
- Uttarakhand Open University
- Panjab University
- Pt. Sundarlal Sharma (Open) University Chhattisgarh, Bilaspur
- Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya
- Himachal Pradesh University
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University, Gujarat
Entrance Examinations for Distance B.Ed Course
Many universities require the students to take the Bachelor of Education course entrance examination. As previously stated, different colleges have different admission requirements. Following the examinations, the students are graded based on their performance.
The merit list is then generated based on the college criteria. The merit list is issued differently in different colleges and according to the streams for which students have applied. Following the first merit list generation, many colleges and universities hold interviews and group discussions.
Following the generation of the merit list, the colleges that participate in the counselling process categorise the students based on the streams they pursue and then publish the final list.
Documents are then verified in preparation for the final admissions process. All documents, from the tenth standard mark sheet to the mark sheets of courses completed to date, are only verified when students are admitted.
Some of the popular distanced B.Ed entrance examinations are mentioned below. Along with the exam, the dates forr 2022 are also mentioned.
Name of the Exam
Application Start Date
Application End Date
IPU CET for B.Ed
March 04, 2022
April 30, 2022
May 15, 2022
April 18, 2022
May 15, 2022
July 06, 2022
March 23, 2022
April 17, 2022
May 08, 2022
DU B.Ed Entrance
2nd week of May 2022
4th week of July 2022
September 15, 2022
AMU B.Ed Entrance
3rd week of May 2022
2nd week of June 2022
July 31, 2022
April 06, 2022
May 06, 2022
4th week of September 2022
Career Options after B.Ed Distance Education
Here are some of the important career options available after B.Ed distance education -
- Individuals with a B.Ed can work as a Teacher for a Primary School, Secondary School, or Higher Secondary School.
- B.Ed graduates can also work as Private Tutors.
- By enrolling in a higher-level course, students can pursue a master's degree in education. A Bachelor of Education degree holder can work as a teacher in public and private schools.
- Students can undertake a variety of alternative job paths after earning their bachelor's degree in education. They might also be able to work as a content writer (as a subject matter expert) or even a journalist.
- Students may also work as Educational Consultants or Administrators.
B.Ed Job Roles
Below check out the job profiles available after B.Ed distance education -
Principal of School / College
Syllabus Creator/ Curriculum Creator
Manager in Edtech Sector
Distnaced B.Ed Employment Areas
We have shared below the employment fields for B.Ed distance education graduates -
Higher Secondary Schools
|Ed- Tech Start-Ups|
|Ministry of Education, Government of India||State & Central Education Departments|
Top Recruiters of Distanced B.Ed
List of top recruiters for B.Ed distance education graduates is tabulated below.
Sharda Education Trust
The Infinity School
Ministry of Education, Government of India
B.Ed Distance Education Syllabus
B.Ed Distance Education syllabus varies from college to college. However, there are some common topics taught across all distance colleges/ universities.Please find the important topics taught in the B.Ed distance education programme -
- Childhood And Growing Up
- Contemporary India and Education
- Learning and Teaching
- Gender, School and Society
- Pedagogy of a School Subject
- Reading and reflecting on texts
- Drama and art in education
- Creating an Inclusive school
- Understanding Disciplines and Subjects
- Knowledge and Curriculum
- Critical Understanding of ICT
- Assessment For Learning
- Health Education
- Language across the curriculum
Other B.Ed Admission Related Articles
For the latest information on B.Ed entrance exams of various universities, stay tuned to CollegeDekho.