How to Calculate IGNOU Percentage Online: The IGNOU grade card will be made available after the conclusion of the appicable Term End Exams. Students can find out their marks or grades by downloading the IGNOU grade card from the official website @ignou.ac.in. The IGNOU percentage calculator makes it possible for the candidates to find out their grades based on the mark percentage obtained by them after they have completed their term end exams, assignments or practicals. With the help of a grade card chart based on the IGNOU grade card calculator, students will be able to check their grades.
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is the first choice among students looking for reputed universities for distance learning programs. It is renowned for offering flexible learning options to students across India. If you are confused about how to calculate IGNOU percentage online to evaluate your eligibility for various opportunities, you will get your answers here. In this article, we'll guide you through the process of calculating the IGNOU percentage online, which is useful for distance learners.
About Percentage System in IGNOU
IGNOU uses a percentage system to calculate the final grades of its students. The final grade of a student is calculated by taking the weighted average of their assignment marks and term-end examination (TEE) marks.
Assignment marks contribute 30% to the final grade, while TEE marks contribute 70%. To calculate the weighted average, the assignment marks are multiplied by 0.3 and the TEE marks are multiplied by 0.7. The weighted marks for each subject are then added together to get the total weighted marks for the student.
IGNOU Grade Card Calculator
Term-end theory examination
Steps in IGNOU Percentage Calculation ProcessThe following steps are included in the IGNOU percentage calculation process:
- Collect the necessary information
- Understand the grading system
- Calculate grade points
- Calculate total credits and total grade points
- Calculate percentage
How to Check IGNOU Score or Grade Card?
To calculate the IGNOU percentage the student first requires their score or grade card with them if you don't have one, firstly you have to download the score or grade card by following the steps to calculate IGNOU’s percentage.
- Step 1: Visit the official website of IGNOU @www.ignou.ac.in
- Step 2: After displaying of homepage select the student support option.
- Step 3: After selecting the option for a grade card, it will be displayed.
- Step 4: The login window will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 5: Then enter your enrollment number to view or download the grade card.
- Step 6: After entering the enrollment number select the submit option given below.
- Step 7: Finally, you will able to see and download your grade card
Details Mentioned on IGNOU Grade CardCandidates will find the following information on the IGNOU Grade Card:
- Name of the candidate
- Assignments status
- Course code
- Enrollment number
- Name of the programme
- Term End theory marks
- Term End practical marks
- Laboratory marks
How to Calculate IGNOU Percentage Online?
If students don't want to calculate their scores manually they can also calculate their marks online using multiple websites available for IGNOU percentage calculation. The following are the steps you need to follow to calculate your IGNOU percentage online.
- Step 1: Open any search browser such as Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
- Step 2: Search for 'Calculate IGNOU percentage'
- Step 3: Multiple options will be available.
- Step 4: Enter all the required details like Subject name, Subject Code, Marks obtained in the assignment, and theory.
- Step 5: Click on the Calculate option, and wait for some time your IGNOU percentage will be displayed on the screen
How to Calculate IGNOU Percentage Offline?
Although the process for calculating the IGNOU percentage offline is long and time-consuming, but usually students prefer to calculate their percentage on their own. Therefore students who want to calculate their IGNOU percentage on their own can follow the mentioned steps for calculating the percentage.
- Step 1: Collect your assignment marks and theory marks from your IGNOU Grade Card
- Step 2: Create a table or write down marks received in all the subjects individually.
- Step 3: Then, convert all the assignments and the theory marks in a 30:70 ratio i.e. 30 percent for assignment marks and the remaining 70 percent for theory marks.
- Step 4: Then after converting add both assignment and theory marks to the aggregation marks.
- Step 5: Now add all the marks received in the individual subject and you will receive the total marks in all subjects.
- Step 6: Now you will have to divide the total received marks in all subjects and divide by the total number of subjects.
- Step 7: After dividing whatever will be the answer that will be the percentage.
How to Calculate IGNOU Marks Offline?
Candidates can calculate their percentage based on their theory exam and assignment marks using the IGNOU Percentage Calculator. Completing IGNOU programmes and receiving a degree certificate from the university depends on the results of this calculation. The calculator gives 30% weightage to assignment marks and 70% weightage to theory marks from the Term End Exam.
For example, if a student has scored 70 marks in their Term End Exams, 49 marks will be awarded to the candidate. And, if the candidate secures 50 marks in his/her assignment, 15 marks will be awarded to the student. Thus, the candidate's total weighted marks for the particular subject are provided in the table below.
|Total Marks: (70 * 0.7) + (50 * 0.3) = 49 marks + 15 marks = 64 marks
To calculate the percentage, the total weighted marks are divided by the maximum possible marks (the total weighted marks of all subjects) and multiplied by 100. Hence, in order to calculate the percentage, the student would divide 64 by 100 and multiply by 100, giving them a percentage of 64%.
IGNOU Grade CardAfter the results of the term-end exams are made public, the IGNOU grade card will be made available on its official website of IGNOU. For the BDP/BA/BCom/BSc/ASSO, BCA/MCA/MPB/MP, and other programs, the IGNOU grade card will be made available separately. Candidates will be able to download their IGNOU grade cards using their nine-digit enrolment number. It must be noted that the candidates will not receive their grade cards by mail or courier.
After downloading the grade card calculator, candidates must verify all the information on the IGNOU grade card and must use the grade card calculator to determine their scores. If a candidate is dissatisfied with his/her grades, he/she can request a revaluation by filling out the IGNOU revaluation form and paying a fee of INR 750. A re-calculation of the term-end examinations becomes possible with this option. If a candidate finds any discrepancy on their IGNOU grade card, they might request a duplicate grade card by sending the university a demand draft for INR 250. With this, they get an option to do a re-calculation of the term end examinations.The request for a duplicate copy of the IGNOU Grade Card must be made to the following address:
(Student Evaluation Division)
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Block 12, Maidan Garhi
New Delhi-110 068
IGNOU Grade Card Calculator
Candidates may follow the table below to calculate their percentage in the IGNOU exams.
|30% of Assignments
|70% of Theory
|Total (A + B)
IGNOU Grading Chart
Based on practical and TEE scores, the Indira Gandhi National Open University has its own system of awarding grades. The IGNOU marks calculator makes it easier to give grades to the students. Grades will be provided to the candidates on the basis of their performance as demonstrated by their scores. Go through the table below if you are attempting to convert your IGNOU percentage into grades.
80% and Above
60% to 79.9%
50% to 59.9%
40% to 49.9%
Students must receive at least a "D" on all assignments and term-end exams, with an overall average of at least a "C," in order to be eligible for a course. Performance levels are depicted in the grading system, which is categorized from A to E.
|How to Change IGNOU Study Center Online?
|List of Design Courses Offered at IGNOU
|IGNOU M.Ed 2024 Eligibility Criteria
|Last Minute Preparation Tips for IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam
For any queries concerning colleges, admission process, and others, write to us on the CollegeDekhoQnA Portal or dial the helpline number 1800-572-9877.
Written By Deepit Mathur