- Entrance Exam for Kerala BEd Admission
- List of BEd Courses Offered in Kerala
- Kerala BEd 2022 Admission Highlights
- Kerala BEd Admission Dates 2022
- Kerala BEd Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Kerala BEd Application Form 2022
- Kerala BEd Admission 2022 Application Fee
- Kerala BEd Admission Process 2022
- Documents Required for Kerala BEd Admission 2022
- Kerala BEd Seat Reservation Policy 2022
- List of BEd Colleges in Kerala, Courses & Seat Matrix
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The last date to submit the application form for the Kerala BEd 2022 is August 16, 2022. Interested candidates can apply online through the official website, keralauniversity.ac.in. The online application procedure started on July 20, 2022, and the last date was later on extended to August 16, 2022. In order to seek admission to the Bachelors of Education (BEd) program in Kerala, the candidates will have to satisfy the admission rules specified by Kerala University. Students who have given their final year examination and are awaiting their mark sheets and certificates can also apply for the programme, however, they have to submit their final mark sheet during the admission process.
Every year, Kerala University conducts the Kerala BEd admission process for most of the BEd colleges located across the state. The program is of a total of two years duration which is divided into a total of 4 semesters. The complete details related to Kerala BEd admission 2022 including the important dates, application form, eligibility, admission process, and documents are given in the article below.
Entrance Exam for Kerala BEd Admission
The students who want to apply for admission into the Kerala BEd 2022, need not have to appear for any sort of admission test. No entrance test is conducted for admission to Kerala University. The students are selected based on the marks obtained by them in their Bachelor’s degrees. Students have to make sure that they have completed their undergraduate courses at a recognized university.
List of BEd Courses Offered in Kerala
Some of the BEd courses offered in Kerala are:
Kerala BEd 2022 Admission Highlights
A brief highlight on the Kerala University BEd admission 2022 is given below:
Mode of Application
Last Date to Apply
August 16, 2022
Kerala BEd Admission Dates 2022
It is important for all the candidates to have an idea of all the important dates for Kerala BEd admission 2022 so that they don't miss out on the important events of admission. All the important dates for Kerala BEd admission 2022 are given in the table below. The dates given below are authentic as mentioned on the official website of Kerala university, however, in case of any change in the dates will be updated here.
Commencement of Online Application
July 20, 2022
Last Date to fill out the Application form
August 16, 2022
Profile Editing Upto
August 24, 2022
Display of Trial Allotment
August 25, 2022
Editing only, after Trial allotment
August 26, 2022
August 27, 2022
Payment of fee and College joining
August 29, 2022 and August 30, 2022
August 31, 2022
September 1, 2022
Commencement of classes
September 2, 2022
Kerala BEd Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
In order to get eligible for Kerala BEd admission 2022, the candidate must fulfil certain eligibility criteria as prescribed by the examination conducting authority. It is very important for the candidates to learn about all the eligibility criteria before filling out the application form.
- The candidate must have pursued a bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognised institute.
- The candidate must have acquired a minimum aggregate of 50% (45% for the reserved candidates) in the qualifying examination.
- There is no age limit to apply for Kerala BEd admission 2022.
Kerala BEd Application Form 2022
On the official website of the university, the BEd 2022 application form is released by Kerala University. Candidates who are interested to apply for admission are advised to carefully read all the eligibility criteria before filling out the application form for Kerala BEd admission 2022. The application form for Kerala BEd admission 2022 has to be filled in online mode. The steps given below are for candidates who need to follow them in order to apply for Kerala BEd admission 2022:
- Registration: Candidates need to visit the official website of Kerala University, http://admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in. Then generate the application number and password that must be used for all the BEd online admission related activities.
- Candidate Profile Registration: Login using the application number and password and fill up the application form by entering your name, date of birth (dd/ mm/ yyyy format), gender (choose Male/ Female/ Transgender), whether Keralite or not?, nationality, mobile number, email id, address, religion, caste, category, allotment category, OEC, differently abled, etc.
- Academic Profile Registration: Enter the details of marks obtained by the candidate in the qualifying examination. Select the name of the university from which you have completed your degree and mention the degree programme along with the specialization. Mention the number of chances availed by the candidate to complete the qualifying examination and the year of passing the qualifying examination. Enter the marks details under the appropriate marking system.
- Add and Change Options: Selection of choices of courses and colleges needs to be done with utmost care. After the selection of programme/ college options, the same has to be added to the list of options by invoking the "Add Option" button. A student can add up to a maximum of 20 options.
- Payment of Registration Fee: Applicants should pay the registration fee by using the online payment facility after clicking on the “Pay Online” button. General and SEBC candidates have to pay INR 600 and SC/ ST candidates have to pay INR 300. The payment can be made using Net Banking, Debit Card or Credit Card. After the successful completion of the registration fee, candidates will be automatically redirected to the next step of the online registration process. After completing the payment, the candidate should continue the registration process. The Management Quota applicants of Kerala University shall register separately online by paying INR 2000 as the registration fee.
- Upload Photo and Signature: The photo must be clear with light background with [150px X 200px (WIDTH X HEIGHT), 40kb, .jpg format only] and the signature must be clear with [150px X 60px (WIDTH X HEIGHT), 40kb, .jpg format only].
- Verify the Application: After filling up the form, candidates can click on the “Preview and Verify Completed Application” button for further registration. A thorough verification should be performed before taking printout. In some specific fields, candidates are eligible to edit.
- Print Out: Take a printout of the completed application form after you are done with the registration process.
Kerala BEd Admission 2022 Application Fee
The Kerala BEd 2022 application fee can be paid by credit card/ debit card/ net banking/ challan. Candidates must remember that the application fee has to be paid when submitting the application form. The application fee for different categories of Kerala BEd admission 2022 is given in the table below:
Application Fee (INR)
SC/ST/OBC/Other Reserved Categories
Kerala BEd Admission Process 2022
After the conclusion of the application process for Kerala BEd admission, Kerala University will release the result including the rank list for all the qualified candidates. The candidates who have qualified and are featured in the merit list will be called for the counselling process. During the counselling process, the candidates will be allotted seats at respective colleges in BEd programs. Further, the candidates will have to pay the admission fee and get their documents verified to complete the admission process.
Documents Required for Kerala BEd Admission 2022
During the final admission process, candidates have to carry some important documents that will be verified by the respective BEd colleges. Given below is the list of the documents required for Kerala BEd admission 2022:
- A copy of the Kerala BEd Application Form
- Original Application Fee Receipt
- Original and self-attested copy of SSLC or any other school record to prove the date of birth
- Original and self-attested copy of mark sheets of all the qualifying exams
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
- Transfer Certificate, Conduct Certificate and Migration Certificate from the last institute attended
- Income/Caste/Non-creamy layer Certificate (if applicable)
- Original and a self-attested photocopy of NSS/NCC certificate (if applicable)
Kerala BEd Seat Reservation Policy 2022
There are certain seat reservation policies depending on the category of candidates for Kerala BEd admissions 2022. The per cent wise reservation policy as prescribed by Kerala University for different colleges and different categories of students is given in the table below:
For Government Colleges/Institutes
Seat Reservation Policy
OBC/Ezhava Muslim/OBH/Latin Catholic/others
For Aided Colleges/Institutes
Seat Reservation Policy
List of BEd Colleges in Kerala, Courses & Seat Matrix
The list of BEd colleges in Kerala along with the seat matrix for BEd course is given in the table below:
Govt. College of Teacher Education, Thycaud
SN Training College, Nedunganda, Varkala
Mar Theophilus Training College, Bethany Hills
Karmela Rani Training College, Fatima Road
Mount Tabor Training College, Pathanapuram
NSS Training College, Pandalam
Peet Memorial Training College, Mavelikara
BEd Admission Related Articles
The candidates can also find the link to other BEd-related articles in the table below:
For more details, you can fill our Common Application Form available on our website, so that our counsellors can guide you through the entire admissions process. You can also call us on 1800-572-9877 to get expert guidance.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for more articles!