- DCJ Mumbai Entrance Exam 2022: Highlights
- DCJ Entrance Exam 2022: Important Dates
- DCJ Entrance Exam 2022: Eligibility Criteria
- DCJ Entrance Exam 2022 Application Process:
- Documents Required to fill DCJ Application Form 2022
- DCJ Entrance Exam 2022 Admission Process:
- DCJ Entrance Exam 2022: Syllabus
- DCJ Mumbai Entrance Exam 2022: Exam Pattern
- DCJ Entrance Exam 2022: Preparation Tips
- DCJ Entrance Exam 2022: Results
- DCJ Mumbai Entrance Exam 2022: Cutoff
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
DCJ Mumbai Entrance Exam registrations are ongoing. Aspirants can fill out the forms by July 15, 2022. The admission fee for the entrance exam is INR 400. The DCJ Mumbai Entrance Exam date is yet to be announced.
The regulatory authority that administers the DCJ Entrance Exam- the Department of Communication and Journalism, is the University of Mumbai. The examination is conducted at the postgraduate level once a year. Candidates can get information regarding the DCJ Entrance Exam from the official website of the University of Mumbai.
It has been declared that the entrance exam will be conducted offline. The payment of fees for submitting the application can also be made offline. The primary agenda of conducting the DCJ Entrance Exam is to analyze which candidates are competent enough to pursue postgraduate courses in communication and journalism.
The objective of the DCJ Mumbai Entrance Exam is to determine the credibility of candidates to seek admission to postgraduate courses in Journalism and Communication under the University of Mumbai, such as Master of Arts in:
- Communication and Journalism
- Electronic Media
- Public Relations
- Film Studies, and
- Television Studies
DCJ Mumbai Entrance Exam 2022: Highlights
Candidates can check out the major highlights of the DCJ Mumbai Entrance Exam 2022 in the table mentioned below.
Name of the examination
DCJ Mumbai Entrance Exam
Department of Communication and Journalism, University of Mumbai
Medium of Examination
Mode of Examination
90 minutes (1 Hour 30 Minutes)
Mode of Application
Application Fee (General)
The selection procedure consists of the following sections:
Fees Structure for Masters Programme
Examination fees for both general and reserved category students (per semester) – Rs 1,060
(to be paid in cash after the lectures begin)
Preparation of Merit List
The merit list is prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the Written Test, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview.
Validity of the Scorecard
- There exists no such provision for sectional timing and negative marking in the examination.
- Before filling up the Online Application Form please read the instructions carefully.
- No changes can be made once the form is submitted and the fee is paid.
DCJ Entrance Exam 2022: Important Dates
Candidates who desire to appear for the DCJ Entrance Exam 2022 must refer to the dates provided in the following table:
Release of Application Forms
May 23, 2022 (Ongoing)
Last date for submission of application forms
July 15, 2022
Date of DCJ Entrance Exam 2022
To be notified
To be notified
DCJ Entrance Exam Results
To be notified
To be notified
DCJ Entrance Exam 2022: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must qualify the following eligibility criteria to become eligible for taking the DCJ Entrance Exam:
- Being a graduate in any discipline
- Attainment of bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- Obtaining a minimum aggregate score of 50% at the graduation level
Note: A prominent feature of the DCJ Entrance Exam is that there exists no regulation for the age limit.
DCJ Entrance Exam 2022 Application Process:
DCJ Mumbai has released the entrance exam application form. The last date for submission of application forms is July 15. Applicants can download the application from the official website of DCJ. As an alternative, they also have the privilege to purchase the DCJ Mumbai entrance exam 2022 application form directly from the university's campus by paying Rs 200.
Write an essay of not less than 500 words and not more than 800 words (typed in double spacing on a single sheet of paper and signed by the student) on their purpose for seeking admission to the course. This essay has to be submitted along with the application form. The essay has to be in the form of an argument justifying the purpose of taking the course. This essay may be written in English, Hindi, or Marathi.
Mode of Application: Offline
Application Fees: INR 200 for General, OBC, SC, ST [offline]
Steps to Fill DCJ Application Form 2022
Candidates can find the steps to fill out the application form for the DCJ entrance exam in the table mentioned below.
Step 1: Fill DCJ Application Form
Filling out the application form includes the following steps:
- The first step to appearing for the DCJ Entrance Exam is to fill out the DCJ application form.
- Candidates can avail themselves of the DCJ application forms both online and offline.
- It is feasible for the candidates to download the application form either from the official website or from the official Facebook page of the Department of Communication and Journalism.
- Candidates have to fill in all the required academic and personal details.
- Other mandatory information includes the full name of the candidate, details about parents, address as well as the permanent address.
- Attaching a recent passport-size photograph in the space provided stands as mandatory.
- Finally, the candidate must submit the application form of DCJ Mumbai University 2022 to the following address:
Department of Communication and Journalism
2nd Floor, Health Centre Building,
Kalina Campus, Santacruz (East),
Tel: 022 26526068/022 26526069
Step 2: Pay the Application Fee
Payment of the application fee, i.e, INR 200, can be completed in three ways:
- by post
- at the time of the entrance test
- online mode
Step 3: Appear for DCJ 2022 Entrance Exam
After successfully filling out the application form a candidate has to undergo three rounds:
- Written Test
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
The debate/group discussion is conducted on the same day of the written test.
Documents Required to fill DCJ Application Form 2022
It is mandatory for all applicants- General, OBC, SC, and ST to submit the following documents along with one attested photocopy:
- Photocopy of mark sheet of all semesters
- Two Testimonials
- Gap Certificate (a document of self-declaration given on a non-judicial stamp paper that states the period and reason of the interval taken clearly)
- Statement of purpose
- Caste certificate photocopy (if applicable)
DCJ Entrance Exam 2022 Admission Process:
Mentioned below is the admission process for the DCJ Entrance Exam 2022.
The factor that determines the selection of a candidate is his performance in all rounds of the test include:
The entire test comprises 300 marks. Out of this, the minimum qualifying mark is 150.
It is mandatory for the selected candidates to pay the course fee at the time of counselling. On failure to pay the fee within a stipulated time, the next candidate becomes eligible for that particular seat.
DCJ Entrance Exam 2022: Syllabus
It is comparatively easier for candidates pursuing their graduation in the field of Journalism and Mass Communication to get a better grasp on the DCJ syllabus for university-level mass communication. However, candidates who do not belong to journalism and mass communication backgrounds, do not have to face much trouble since a significant part of the syllabus is based on current events that are of global importance. The syllabus covers everything from reporting to learning about event management to media research. Broadly the questions shall cover local, national, and international issues and ideas. There will be a question on creative writing as well.
DCJ Mumbai Entrance Exam 2022: Exam Pattern
Exam pattern implies the total number of questions asked in the entrance test, the duration of the exam, total marks, distribution of marks for different questions, topics from which questions are asked, and many more. Knowing the exam pattern becomes important for working on strong points.
According to the university, “The student must produce testimonials from at least two teachers who have personally taught the student in school/college stating why the teachers feel that the student should do the course and how the course will benefit the student. The testimonials may not exceed 150 words each. The testimonial must mention the period that the teacher has been associated with the student, in which institution, and how long has the teacher been with the said institution.
The testimonials must accompany the admission form. The testimonials may be written in English, Hindi, or Marathi.”
Students aspiring to appear for the examination must refer to the pattern of the exam given below:
- Written test: In the DCJ Mumbai Entrance Exam 2022, it is mandatory for the candidates to answer a minimum of four questions. These four questions belong to the following categories:
- local issues and ideas
Given below is a table that mentions the parameters and marks distribution on which candidates will be evaluated in the DCJ Mumbai Entrance Exam 2022:
Parameters for Assessment
Language and Grammar
Originality and quality of content
- Group Discussion: This round takes place right after the written test, in which candidates are required to debate/discuss on a particular topic. They are evaluated on the following parameters:
Parameters for Assessment
3. Interview: The interview process can be described as follows:
- An individual becomes eligible for an interview after qualifying for both the written test and group discussion.
- The maximum time allowed to each candidate is three minutes. A candidate’s expertise lies in the way he presents himself and gives insight into his idea or motivation for enrolling in the course in such a short period of time.
- Languages allowed during the interview round are English, Hindi or Marathi language. Candidates may use any language at their convenience.
- No electronic devices such as laptops are allowed.
In order to finalise the candidates for admission, the following parameters are taken into consideration:
Parameters for Assessment
Clarity of Purpose
DCJ Entrance Exam 2022: Preparation Tips
The questions asked in the DCJ entrance exam are quite difficult and challenging since the exam is conducted to judge the credibility of a candidate to take courses at the postgraduate level. One’s preparation should be top-notch and such expertise can only be reached through repeated practice and hard work. Preparation tips for performing significantly well in the DCJ entrance exam are mentioned below:
- Step 1: Gain insight into the question pattern and marking scheme of the DCJ Entrance Exam.
- Step 2: Solving the previous year’s question papers enables the candidates to evaluate their own preparation by completing the question paper within the stipulated time. It also helps them to comprehend the type of questions asked in the paper and the topics from where maximum questions are asked.
- Step 3: Delve deeper into the syllabus for the specific course one aspires to enrol in after qualifying for the DCJ Entrance Exam.
- Step 4: Get access to the preparation books for the particular DCJ Entrance Exam course one is appearing for and study them exhaustively. Candidates should opt for the prep books highly recommended and suggested by the teachers and professionals. This gives an in-depth understanding of the topics and enables the candidates to answer more and more questions with accuracy within the time limit.
- Step 5: Frame a time schedule on a regular basis and set targets to judge the maximum part of the syllabus that can be covered in a single day, week, or month.
DCJ Entrance Exam 2022: Results
The release of the DCJ 2022 Results involves the following:
- Candidates may check the DCJ 2022 results on the official website of the Department of Communications and Journalism, i.e. https://dcjmumbai.mu.ac.in/.
- The results will be released in the form of a merit list.
- the University of Mumbai will release the merit list for the various courses.
- Two lists will be released, the list of candidates who have cleared the entrance exam and a waiting list.
- Details Mentioned in Mumbai University 2022 Mass Communication Result will be the Name of the students, the category of the candidate, marks scored by the candidates, etc.
DCJ Mumbai Entrance Exam 2022: Cutoff
- It has been declared that the University of Mumbai will release the DCJ Mumbai entrance exam cutoff 2022 in online mode.
- The DCJ Mumbai Entrance Exam 2022 cutoff implies the minimum aggregate marks an individual must possess to be considered eligible for admission to PG courses.
- Obtaining a minimum aggregate score of 150 out of 300 stands as mandatory to become eligible for admission.
For any doubts or questions, ask them at the Q & A zone or fill out the Common Application Form (CAF). Candidates can also call us at 1800-572-9877 to connect with our experts.