Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
IIT JAM 2023 is all set to be conducted on February 12, 2023. With such a short time left for the exam, candidates go through a mix of emotions from nervousness to stress. This is a crucial time that requires students to be proactive in their preparation. If you are also feeling the exam jitters before IIT JAM 2023, this article will give you a perspective of what the candidates need to be doing and what should be avoided.
Also Read: IIT JAM 2023 Exam Day Guidelines, Important Points, Last Minute Tips
IIT JAM 2023: Highlights
The highlights of IIT JAM 2023 are mentioned below:
Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission test for Masters (IIT JAM)
CBT (Computer Based Test)
IIT JAM 2023 Exam Date
12 February (Sunday)
Admit Card Release Date
11 January (Wednesday)
Declaration of IIT JAM 2023 Results
22 March (Wednesday)
Online Application for Admission
MSc, MSc-PhD dual degree, MTech and other post graduate courses
Exam Duration (hours)
IIT JAM 2023: Exam Mode and Pattern
IIT JAM 2023 will be a computer-based test conducted across seven subjects. These are Biotechnology, Chemistry, Economics, Geology, Mathematical Statistics, Mathematics, and Physics. IIT JAM exam pattern will consist of multiple-choice questions, multiple select questions, and numerical answer-type questions. Students qualifying for the exam would have access to direct admission to more than 3000 seats in postgraduate programs across various IITs and 2300 seats of Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs).
3 (A, B, C)
Medium of Examination
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
Division of Questions
Section A: 30 MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions)
Section B: 10 MSQs (Multiple Select Questions)
Section C: 20 NAT (Numerical Answer Type)
Only for Section A
Also Read: IIT JAM 2023 Marks vs Rank Analysis
IIT JAM 2023: Do’s and Don’tsIIT JAM is considered to be one the most competitive exams conducted at national level. Therefore, it is quite obvious that students get jitters before the exams due to which even the most well prepared candidates can falter. But no need to worry because this article will help you overcome just that. How? Well, let's find out! In the following section are mentioned some of the Do's and Dont's that the aspirants must keep in mind:
- Candidates must re-check their IIT JAM 2023 admit card along with necessary documents such as photo ID proof before leaving for the exam center.
- Candidates should visit the exam center a day prior to the IIT JAM 2023 exam to get familiar with the route and avoid any last-minute rush.
- Candidates must reach the exam center 30-40 minutes prior to the exam to complete any formalities.
- Any discrepancy in the admit card should be highlighted to the authorities beforehand.
- Candidates should keep an extra identity proof and a photocopy of the admit card.
- On reaching the exam center, candidates should check the seating arrangement based on the roll number allotted in the admit card.
- Candidates must log in 15-20 minutes before the start of the exam and thoroughly go through the instructions.
- Any digital devices such as a Calculator, Smartwatch, Bluetooth, etc. should not be carried in the exam hall.
- Bags, wallets, and mobile phones should be kept outside.
- A candidate should not waste time solving a lengthy question and should proceed to the next one.
- Candidates should not overstudy and waste time on less important topics while doing preparation for IIT JAM.
- Candidates should avoid learning new topics just before the exam.
- The candidate should avoid comparison and believe in one’s own preparation
IIT JAM 2023: Exam Day InstructionsBeing calm and composed just before attempting the exam can be a game changer for students. Therefore, the aspirants must ensure that:
- Before attempting the exam, the candidate should click on the view all questions button to have an overview of the paper.
- Candidates should attempt those questions which they know initially to avoid any guesswork and its associated negative marking.
- The questions the candidate is stuck on/might find difficult should be noted separately on the scribble pad to be attempted later if the time permits.
- After attempting each question, the candidate should simultaneously save the answer to avoid the data being removed due to some technical glitch.
IIT JAM 2023: Last-Minute TipsIt is of vital importance that students do not waste their time during the last few days and instead do a focused preparation. Few tips are mentioned below that might come handy during the last minute. These include:
- Regular revision of the topics covered before the exam.
- The candidate should invest in attempting frequent and high-quality mock tests.
- Candidates should solve MCQs based on the previous year's questions and focus on relevant questions and important topics.
- New questions/topics introduced while attempting mocks should be added to short notes/ short tricks/formula books.
- Candidates should focus more on important topics carrying high weight in the exam such as linear Algebra, Group Theory, Sequence, Series, etc.
Also Read: What is Good Score & Rank in IIT JAM 2023?
So, before you start to panic and become anxious because of the last minute jitters of the exam, just give this article a good read and you are good to go!
Hope this article will helps you with your exam preparation. All the best!
CUET Application Form Correction 2023: Dates, Steps to Edit, Do's and Don'ts
How to Prepare for AP RCET Interview 2023: Documents Required, Tips, Questions Asked
List of Documents Required to Fill GAT-B and BET 2023 Application Form: Check Application Process, Important Instructions
GAT-B/BET 2023 Application Form Correction: Dates, Process, Details to Edit
Important Topics for CUET Geography 2023
Top CUET Universities in India - NIRF Ranking