- Articles byStream
All You Need to Know About Civil Engineering
Ever get this feeling to build something?
Want to make this world a better place to live in?
Well then guess what you can be a Civil Engineer.
You can literally make a change by being a Civil Engineer, it is a branch of the big tree "Engineering". A Civil Engineer basically creates new things, improve the existing things and protect our environment by using eco-friendly ways.
They work on the following aspects of railways, bridges, roads, buildings, dams, airports and a lot more.
- Oversee construction and maintenance
Fun fact- Civil engineering was sort of invented by ancient Egyptians *no surprise there* and Mesopotamians. Civil engineering includes following aspects of engineering:
- Structural Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Offshore Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Control Engineering
- Construction Surveying
- Construction Engineering
- Earthquake Engineering
- Municipal or Urban Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Forensic Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Wastewater Engineering
- Facade Engineering
- Coastal Engineering
A Civil engineer is required to have a bachelor's or better a masters degree in the particular field.
- To pursue civil engineering at UG level, one has to have minimum 60 percent in their 12th standard. One can also write JEE to get into the top colleges of engineering in India.
- To pursue civil engineering at PG level, one should have a bachelor's degree in civil engineering and can give following exams:
- IIT's through GATE
- All India Combined Entrance exam conducted by JNU
Also Read: Career Guide for Mechanical Engineering
- A good civil engineer is who has a creative thought process and can work well in a team.
- Obviously, technical and quick mathematical skills are required
- Good communication and verbal skills
- Managing, planning and designing skills are one of the primary skills required.
Top Colleges for Civil Engineering:
Delhi Technical University
Is the Future Bright for a Civil Engineer:
Engineers are usually required in every field and every department and following are some of them:
- Government Departments
- Local Authorities
- Civil Engineering Contractors
- Gas Companies
- Electricity Companies
- Railways Companies
- Water Companies
- Civil Engineering Consultants
One of the popular fields for civil engineers is armed forces, you get to serve your country and to be actually really helpful in the country’s development.
A civil engineer earns pretty well, on an average they earn Rs. 2,50,000-4,30,000 per annum. Other aspects that influence the salary scale are
Entrepreneurship is also a good option and one can set up their consultancy firms but to be successful in that one needs several years of experience.
One of the biggest confusion after appearing for B-school entrance exams is the evaluation procedure. There is a void ...
The Department of Higher Education, Telangana has announced the counselling schedule for LAWCET 2016. The counselling ...