CTET 2024 Exam Day Instructions: The Central Board of Secondary Education has conducted the CTET 2024 in offline mode on January 21, 2024. The exam was held in two shifts, respectively. It is important to know the CTET 2024 exam day instructions that need to be followed by candidates who are preparing for the CTET 2024 in December so that they can have a smooth examination experience on the exam day. Candidates must note that the examination rooms are opened at 7:30 am for shift 1 and at 12.30 pm for shift 2, that is, two hours before the exam is conducted. Students must start preparing themselves by taking into consideration the guidelines and regulations specified by the exam conducting authorities.
Since the CTET exam is such a widely popular exam that attracts candidates from all over the country, it is important for candidates to make sure they follow all the rules on exam day to avoid any issues. Following the CTET 2024 exam day instructions also helps candidates maintain their composure and perform well on the CTET exam. Apart from the CTET 2024 exam day guidelines, candidates can also check out the things they should not carry to the exam hall mentioned in this article.
Also Read: What is a Good Score in CTET Exam 2024?
CTET 2024 Exam Day Instructions
Listed below are some of the most important exam day instructions for the CTET 2024 exam:
The CTET exam centres 2024 will open 120 minutes prior to the test i.e. 8:30 am for Shift I and 1.30 PM for Shift II. Candidates must report to the exam hall at the time of the opening of the exam hall or else they might miss important instructions related to the exam.
Before leaving, double-check that you have your admit card, valid ID proof (such as Aadhar card, PAN card, passport, etc.), and any other required documents. It is mandatory for all the candidates to have their CTET Admit Card 2024 which they will have to show to the exam invigilator whenever required. No candidate will be allowed to sit for the exam without an admit card in any circumstances.
A seat indicating the assigned CTET 2024 roll number will be allocated to each candidate and the candidate must sit on the allotted seats only.
No students will be allowed to enter the examination hall if they come late.
Candidates will not be allowed to leave the examination hall without the special permission of the Invigilator concerned.
Smoking, chewing gutka, spitting, Tea, coffee, cold drinks, or snacks are not allowed inside the examination hall.
The candidates must make sure that the question paper available to the candidates is as per his/her opted subject/language indicated in the admit card. In case of a change of subject or any other issue, the candidates must ask the concerned invigilator.
- All the calculations and rough work must be done on the rough sheet provided in the exam hall only. No candidate is allowed to bring any personal paper to the exam hall.
- Listen carefully to the invigilators' instructions and follow them strictly. Pay attention to seating arrangements, entry procedures, and other guidelines.
- Avoid studying new topics or revising heavily just before the exam. Focus on staying calm and composed.
- Maintain a positive mindset and believe in the efforts you've put into your preparation.
- Once the exam begins, manage your time wisely. Allocate appropriate time to each section and question.
- Before starting the exam, read the instructions provided on the question paper and answer sheet carefully.
- Fill in your details accurately on the answer sheet, such as roll number, test booklet series, and other required information.
- Use a dark pen (preferably blue or black) to fill in the circles on the answer sheet. Ensure that you mark the correct circle completely and cleanly.
- As there is no negative marking, attempt all questions to maximize your chances of scoring higher.
- While attempting questions, aim for accuracy rather than attempting to answer all questions in a rush.
- If you come across a difficult question, remain calm. Move on to other questions and return to it later if needed.
- If time allows, review your answers before submitting the answer sheet. Check for any skipped questions or mistakes.
Proper silence must be maintained in the exam hall and the candidates who find talking to anyone apart from the invigilator will be removed from the test.
If the candidate is unable to appear for the CTET 2024 exam, no retest will be conducted under any circumstances.
CTET 2024: Important Documents & Things to Carry
Given below is the list of things and documents that one needs to carry to their CTET 2024 exam halls:
CTET Admit Card
One Passport-size Photograph
Photo ID Proof such as PAN Card/ Driving License/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (with photograph)/ Voter ID.
PwD Certificate (If Applicable)
Also Read: How to Crack CTET 2024 in First Attempt?
Things NOT to Carry to CTET 2024 Exam Hall
The candidates must not bring any material not allowed in the exam hall or else their candidature will be cancelled and they won’t be allowed to appear for the test. The candidates must not bring the following items to the CTET exam hall:
Any stationery item including textual material (printed or written), any paper, Geometry or Pencil Box, Plastic Pouch, Calculator, Scale, Writing Pad, Pen drives, Eraser, Calculator, Log Table, Electronic Pen/scanner, Cardboard, etc.
Any communication devices like Mobile phones, Bluetooth, Earphones, microphones, pager, Health band, etc.
Any Watch, Camera, wallet, goggles, handbag, Golden ornaments, etc.
Any other item which could be used for unfair means and for hiding communication devices or gadgets like a camera, Bluetooth device, etc.
Candidates who have any doubts regarding the CTET Exam 2024 can ask their queries on Collegedekho QnA Zone. For more updates regarding CTET stay tuned to CollegeDekho.