Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The JEE Main 2022 exam is being conducted in two phases. The JEE Main 2022 session 1 was conducted from June 23 to 29, 2022 and session 2 is being conducted from July 25 to 30, 2022. With only a few days until the exam, candidates should strive to review all three courses' chapters as rapidly as possible by reading through things to consider and formulas at a glance for each chapter.
With a well-planned calendar of the three disciplines of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, even the Class 11 syllabus for JEE Main may be changed. A preparation that is selective is discouraged. When a student enters class 12, there are a plethora of opportunities that he or she can choose from. This time is particularly important for those students who had chosen mathematics as their stream after the SSC, as they are endowed with a dual responsibility of excelling in both the boards and JEE. After spending a year in preparation of the JEE Main 2022 exam, it is now essential that you prep yourself up for the exam day. JEE Main 2022 last minute preparation tips will help you do a recap of all the things that you have studied so far. With the upcoming JEE Main exam, it is important to stay calm and use the following tips to boost your performance:
Understand the paper pattern and pre-requisites
JEE, an acronym for Joint Entrance Examination is conducted each year by MHRD (GOI) through CBSE. All IITs, NITs, IIITs and various other colleges admit students through this exam. States like Gujarat, MP, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Nagaland and Orissa have also joined the JEE (Mains) system. As far as prerequisites are concerned, or in this case, the eligibility criteria of JEE exam, it states that no weightage to the 12 class marks in calculating ranks would be given. However, MHRD also states that, for the candidates to qualify for admission in IIT or NIT or IIIT and other such institutes whose admissions are based on JEE Advanced/JEE Main ranks, they should secure at least 75% marks in class 12 or be in the top 20 percentile in class 12 exam conducted by the respective boards. For SC/ST students the qualifying marks would be 65% in class 12.
Students who are aspiring for JEE with 12 should focus on making their concepts crystal clear. This will not only help in preparing for Class 12 boards but will also create a strong base for JEE. Students should realize that if they prepare thoroughly for boards and keep their concepts crystal clear, JEE (Mains) would also be a piece of cake for them, but to excel in JEE (Advanced) a firm grasp on concepts is necessary.
Practice on a regular basis
Knowing the theory is not enough considering the cut-throat competition in today’s world. Students can’t rely only on theoretical knowledge to achieve high grades. Practicing numerical on various concepts would be a faster and more effective way to understand a topic. Students should practice as much as they can, and should not keep themselves from solving mock papers on boards as well as JEE.
Data and student reviews have shown that more than 50% of questions in boards come from the previous year papers. For JEE too, solving previous year papers would give a clear idea to the students about the weightage of different topics in the exam. Many books are also a preferred option for further practices which are famous by their author’s name e.g. H.C Verma, Irodov and many books of Arihant publications are also helpful.
JEE Main 2022 Last-Minute Preparation Tips
- During the last week before the JEE Main test, students are advised not to attempt any new questions. The learner should eat well and sleep for 6 to 7 hours every night. Each day, short meditation/relaxation activities help you stay calm and focused. It is important to take a little break of 5-10 minutes after an hour of study in order to calm your head. It helps to improve focus and lowers weariness
- They should not be disheartened if the paper looks challenging at first glance because it is the relative performance that counts
- Before beginning the examination, students should take a few deep breaths. Be composed and assured. Believe in yourself. Examine the paper thoroughly, paying special attention to the number of questions, the marking method, and the negative marking
- For each incorrect answer to the question that does not match the paper setter's answer, one-fourth of a mark is deducted. Students should begin by answering questions that they feel simple and confident in answering and then advance to harder ones. The golden guideline is to spend no more than 2 minutes on each question and to avoid becoming stuck on any topic due to ego
- Students should focus on taking as many JEE Main practice examinations as possible. Students may practise the abilities of handling JEE Main and Advanced with speed and precision and build examination temperament by completing model/sample and actual papers from previous years in a simulated examination setting using a watch to track the time
- Students are able to recognise weak areas and take corrective action in order to improve over time. This aids students in honing their problem-solving and time-management skills
Revising the major topics
This will help you in every aspect. Not only is it helpful for class 12 boards, but it is also very helpful for JEE. Regular revisions would tell your standing and your level of preparation at regular intervals. We hope that these steps will help you in achieving your aim.
Also Read: JEE Main 2022 Session 1 Admit Card
CollegeDekho wishes you the best of luck!