Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
How to Prepare or JEE Main, JEE Advanced While in Class 12: JEE Mainand JEE Advanced are two of the most competitive entrance exams conducted for admission to the top Engineering colleges in India.The JEE Main 2024 exam Session 1 is scheduled to be conducted from January 24 to February 1, 2024, while the Session 2 exam date is from April 1 to 15, 2024. The top 2,50,000 JEE Main qualified candidates will be eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced 2024 exam which will be held on May 26, 2024. Candidates aiming for the upcoming academic session must review the JEE Main syllabus 2024 to start preparing now. Read this article to know how to prepare for JEE Main, and JEE Advanced while in Class 12.
Also Read: Download JEE Advanced 2024 Syllabus here!
With a well-planned calendar of the three disciplines of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics students can ace any exam. A preparation that is selective is discouraged. When a student enters class 12, there are a plethora of opportunities that he or she can choose from. This time is particularly important for those students who had chosen mathematics as their stream after the SSC, as they are endowed with a dual responsibility of excelling in both the boards and JEE.
Students who are in Class 12 and are planning to prepare for JEE Main or JEE Advanced need to keep major points in mind while commencing their preparation. CollegeDekho has highlighted some key points that can answer how to prepare for JEE Main, and JEE Advanced while in Class 12 with the right set of approaches and a positive mindset. Let us look at these key pointers to have a better understanding.
Understand the Paper Pattern and Pre-Requisites
JEE, an acronym for Joint Entrance Examination is conducted each year by MHRD (GOI) through CBSE. All IITs, NITs, IIITs and various other colleges admit students through this exam. States like Gujarat, MP, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Nagaland and Orissa have also joined the JEE (Mains) system. As far as prerequisites are concerned, or in this case, the JEE Main eligibility criteria 2024, it states that no weightage to the 12 class marks in calculating ranks would be given. However, MHRD also states that, for the candidates to qualify for admission in IIT, NIT or IIIT and other such institutes whose admissions are based on JEE Advanced/ JEE Main ranks, they should secure at least 75% marks in class 12 or be in the top 20 percentile in class 12 exam conducted by the respective boards. For SC/ST students the qualifying marks would be 65% in class 12.
Students who are aspiring for JEE with 12 should focus on making their concepts crystal clear. This will not only help in preparing for Class 12 boards but will also create a strong base for JEE. Students should realize that if they prepare thoroughly for boards and keep their concepts crystal clear, JEE (Mains) would also be a piece of cake for them, but to excel in JEE (Advanced) a firm grasp of concepts is necessary.
Practice on a Regular Basis
Knowing the theory is not enough considering the cut-throat competition in today’s world. Students can’t rely only on theoretical knowledge to achieve high grades. Practising numerals on various concepts would be a faster and more effective way to understand a topic. Students should practice as much as they can, and should not keep themselves from solving JEE Main mock test 2024.
Data and student reviews have shown that more than 50% of questions in boards come from the previous year's papers. For JEE too, solving previous year's papers would give a clear idea to the students about the weightage of different topics in the exam. Many books are also a preferred option for further practices which are famous by their author’s name e.g. H.C Verma, Irodov and many books of Arihant publications are also helpful.
JEE Main 2024 Last-Minute Preparation TipsClass 12 can check out some last-minute preparation tips to avoid any hassle on the exam day-
- During the last week of the JEE Main test, students are advised not to attempt any new questions. The learner should eat well and sleep for 6 to 7 hours every night. Each day, short meditation/relaxation activities help you stay calm and focused. It is important to take a little break of 5-10 minutes after an hour of study in order to calm your head. It helps to improve focus and lowers weariness
- They should not be disheartened if the paper looks challenging at first glance because it is the relative performance that counts
- Before beginning the examination, students should take a few deep breaths. Be composed and assured. Believe in yourself. Examine the paper thoroughly, paying special attention to the number of questions, the marking method, and the negative marking
- For each incorrect answer to the question that does not match the paper setter's answer, one-fourth of a mark is deducted. Students should begin by answering questions that they feel simple and confident in answering and then advance to harder ones. The golden guideline is to spend no more than 2 minutes on each question and to avoid becoming stuck on any topic due to ego
- Students should focus on taking as many JEE Main practice examinations as possible. Students may practise the abilities to handle JEE Main and Advanced with speed and precision and build examination temperament by completing model/sample and actual papers from previous years in a simulated examination setting using a watch to track the time
- Students are able to recognise weak areas and take corrective action in order to improve over time. This aids students in honing their problem-solving and time-management skills.
Revising Major Topics
This will help you in every aspect. Not only is it helpful for class 12 boards, but it is also very helpful for JEE. Regular revisions would tell your standing and your level of preparation at regular intervals. We hope that these steps will help you in achieving your aim.
Practice JEE Main Previous Year's Question Papers - Download PDFsFind the previous year's question papers for JEE Main exam preparation here -
Source: Aakash BYJU's
|JEE Main 2024 Preparation Tips||JEE Main Previous Year Question Papers|
|Best Books for JEE Main 2024 Exam||-|
CollegeDekho wishes you the best of luck!