- Kerala University M.Ed Admission Important Dates 2022
- Kerala University M.Ed Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Kerala University M.Ed Application Form 2022
- Kerala University M.Ed Application Fee 2022
- Kerala University M.Ed Entrance Exam 2022
- Kerala University M.Ed Admission Process 2022
- Documents Required for Kerala University M.Ed Admission 2022
- Kerala University M.Ed Merit List 2022
- Kerala University Affiliated Colleges Offering M.Ed
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Kerala University M.Ed or KU M.Ed is a professional programme leading to a master's degree in education. The programme will last two years and be divided into four semesters of six months each. Regular attendance is required for the required amount of lectures, practical training, fieldwork, and internships during the course of study.
The two-year M.Ed programme is intended to give students the chance to broaden and deepen their understanding of education, to specialize in particular areas, and to build their teaching and research skills. This will allow them to specialize in elementary education, secondary or senior secondary education, or higher education.
Every year, the University of Kerala, also known as Kerala University, conducts an M.Ed admissions procedure via which M.Ed candidates in the state can submit an application for admission to the university and colleges/teacher education programmes that are connected with Kerala University. The involved colleges issue application forms for Kerala University M.Ed admission, which applicants must first obtain, complete, and submit to the applicable college. Aspirants for the M.Ed programmes at Kerala University can read this article for all the latest information they need, including important dates, eligibility requirements, merit lists, selection procedures, and other information, about admission to the university and its affiliated teacher education institutes.
Kerala University M.Ed Admission Important Dates 2022
Candidates interested in taking admission to Kerala University’s M.Ed postgraduate degree programme must check out all the important dates related to the Kerala University M.Ed application process, entrance exam, admission, merit list and more.
Application form filling start date
April 12, 2022
Last Date for Online application
June 10, 2022
KU M.Ed Entrance Exam Date
June 25, 2022
Release of Rank List
July 2022 (tentative)
Admission Start Date
August 10, 2022 (tentative)
September 12, 2022 (tentative)
Admission Closing Date
September 30, 2022 (tentative)
Kerala University M.Ed Eligibility Criteria 2022
The eligibility criteria for admission to the Kerala’s University’s M.Ed postgraduate degree programme are mentioned below:
- Candidates must have secured a B.Ed degree from a recognized institute with a minimum aggregate percentage of 50% or above. There is a relaxation of 5% in the minimum aggregate marks for SC/ST/PwD category candidates.
- Candidates must have passed class 12 from a recognized school in India or equivalent thereof
- Candidates should be an Indian national at the time of registration for the Kerala University’s M.Ed degree programme.
- There is no maximum age limit set by Kerala University and its affiliated colleges for admission to its two-year full-time M.Ed degree programme.
- Candidates expecting results from their Bachelor's degree examination can also apply.
- The minimum aggregate percentage for SEBC category candidates is 45% or above in their bachelor’s degree in education.
- Applicants who have passed the degree examination in vocational or specialized courses as well as double- or triple-main candidates are also eligible for admission. At the time of admission, they must, however, present a copy of the eligibility and equivalency certificate from Kerala University, certifying that their qualifying examination is accepted for seeking admission to the applicable PG degree programme.
Kerala University M.Ed Application Form 2022
Any applicant who wants to enroll in a graduate degree programme at the institution must first register online at admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in. An applicant will have the option to register once and apply to a maximum of three programmes. The candidate should print out their online registration form after successfully completing it.
The following procedures must be completed by candidates in order for their online applications to be submitted successfully:
- Enter some basic details when registering a name on the website.
- Online registration of personal information and information about chosen programmes for entrance exams.
- Registration fees should only be paid online.
- Enter the application number and password to access the candidate's website (date of birth will be the default password).
- Fill out the fee information on the official website
- Visit the candidate's page to download the application.
- Before the entrance exam day, download the Hall ticket. On the official website, it will be stated when the hall ticket will be available for downloading.
Candidates must follow the below-mentioned steps for the online application process of the Kerala University’s M.Ed postgraduate degree programme:
Online Registration: Creating an account on the website is simple. Simply click the "Click Here to Register" link on CSS-Admissions 2022's home page (name, date of birth and community). After successfully completing the first step, enter your application number and password to log in to the website. To avoid any form of intrusion by any unauthorized individual, it is advisable to change the password promptly. The applicant should carefully write down the password and application number so they can subsequently log into their page.
Fill out crucial details: The candidates must fill out this area with both their personal and reservation information. The candidate must present all supporting documentation for the reservations requested; otherwise, those requests will not be considered. The candidate can submit the specifics of their CGPA or marks for degree programmes in the arts, social sciences, or sciences after entering their personal and reservation information. When registering their options, candidates must meet all nativity- and academic-related qualifying requirements outlined in the prospectus.
At the time of admission, the allocation to programmes that do not meet the qualifying requirements will be canceled. In these situations, the applicant's candidacy will be withdrawn without further notification. To move on to the next step, carefully fill out the fields and press the "Save Information" button.
Pay the prescribed registration fee: To continue with the online payment of the application/registration fee, click the "submit" option.
Uploading of a photo and signature: Use the website's provided guidelines to upload a scanned copy of your passport-size photograph and signature.
Application Verification: Candidates have the option of checking their applications here and modify the details if required.
Application printout: The applicant must retain a printout of the application for future use. This has to be presented during the admission process. There is no need to provide the University a hard copy of the application.
Note: In the event of a flawed application, no message will be mailed. However, the ability to edit will only be available for a predetermined amount of time; after that point, no repairs or changes will be accepted. Candidates for the final year of their degree who are awaiting results may also apply. However, such applicants must submit their grades or CGPA by the deadline for marks uploading. The website will reopen for such candidates to enter their marks.
Kerala University M.Ed Application Fee 2022
The category-wise online registration fee for applying to the M.Ed postgraduate degree programme at Kerala University is mentioned in the table below:
Additional Subjects: INR 105
Additional Subjects: INR 55
- The only method of payment accepted for the registration fee is online.
- For the application fee purpose, a candidate who does not belong to the SC/ST Community shall be referred to as a "General" candidate.
- The fee cannot be submitted by demand draft, cheque, or any other means.
Note: The application fee once paid is not refundable.
Kerala University M.Ed Entrance Exam 2022
For admission to full-time M.Ed course at Kerala University, candidates must undergo an entrance exam administered by the Kerala University, and no candidate will be accepted without taking the exam; however, the limits do not apply to SC/ST candidates admitted to open seats, international candidates, or sponsored candidates. Entrance exams must be completed in a maximum of two hours and will include 60 multiple-choice questions worth 60 marks each and 40 descriptive-type questions worth 40 marks that test subject knowledge from the qualifying exam and/or logical and numerical thinking. 8 out of the 12 questions in the descriptive section are worth 5 marks each. With the exception of languages, English will be the examination medium. The applicant must receive a score in the Kerala University’s entrance exam that is higher than zero.
The question paper for the entrance test is created by the Department Council, and the question paper is established by the Controller of Examinations. The entrance exam will be administered by the CSSAC office. Under no circumstances may an absentee request a re-examination. The CSSAC must have the authority to approve specific accommodations for candidates with disabilities.
The entrance exam answer sheets will be marked either digitally or by examiners selected from a panel vetted by the Honorable Vice Chancellor. For every incorrect response on multiple-choice questions in the entrance exam, 0.25 marks will be deducted. Answer sheets from entrance exams will not be reevaluated.
At admissions keralauniversity.ac.in, the official website of Kerala University, you may download the admit card for the entrance exam. To download the admit card, aspirants will need to enter their application number and password. They must take a print out of their admit card. The University will not mail out any admit cards. The admit card will include information about the exam location and the schedule along with other important information.
Kerala University M.Ed Admission Process 2022
The selection process will be based on the B.Ed degree. The admission process will be handled by the different colleges according to their policies regarding merit and reservations. The Director of Collegiate Education and the University Registrar will oversee admission to self-financing colleges. The ranking list created by the relevant colleges will be used to distribute the M.Ed seats in the Kerala University’s 11 affiliated colleges for the academic year 2022-2023. Subject-wise allocation will be done using the published rank list for the aforementioned according to merit.
When preparing the rank list, candidates having a postgraduate degree (MA, M.Sc, or M.Com) in the relevant field of specialization for B.Ed will be given additional weightage. The weightage will be 15 marks for first-class graduates with distinction, 10 marks for first-class graduates, 5 marks for second-class graduates, and 3 marks for graduates who passed the relevant postgraduate examination.
The Kerala University M.Ed admission process involves the following steps mentioned below:
- First, eligible candidates need to register themselves on the Kerala University’s official website and fill out the complete application form for the M.Ed postgraduate degree programme.
- Candidates must then attend the entrance examination conducted by the Kerala University for admission to its M.Ed postgraduate degree course.
- Candidates must pass the M.Ed entrance exam with a non-zero score and their names must appear on the rank list that is released after the entrance examination result declaration.
- Only when the University has made an announcement addressing the matter do candidates need to appear before the Head of the relevant Department for admission. He or she ought to come prepared with the following original documents:
- The Admission Memo
- Date of Birth Certificate
- A Conduct Certificate and a Transfer Certificate (TC) from the last institution you attended
- Degree examination mark sheets along with a provisional or degree certificate
- If an applicant has passed their qualifying examination at another university, they must provide an eligibility certificate from the University of Kerala
- If a candidate has passed their qualifying examination at another university, they will need a migration certificate.
- Any more documents that the Head of Institution requires to be presented
- The verification of original documents and satisfaction with the accuracy of the records submitted by the applicant at the time of admission should be the responsibility of the department head. If the Head of the Department discovers any pertinent discrepancy between the original documents and the online data that has impacted the ranking process, he or she should have the authority to refuse admission.
- The candidate must pay the prescribed admission fee in the university department at the time of admission. The admission memo will include the information related to the admission fee.
- Candidates who don't enroll in the university department by the deadline will forfeit their right to admission.
Note: When applying for admission, students who have passed their qualifying exams from other universities must present their eligibility certificates. They must apply for the University of Kerala to recognise their qualifying exams and register as matriculants of the university as soon as they are admitted to a course. They must submit their applications through the relevant Department in the appropriate format. The results and other documentation will be withheld if these formalities are not completed on time.
- According to the regulations for PG Programs in the teaching departments of the University of Kerala, the University of Kerala will handle the entire admissions procedure for the PG Degree programmes in 2022–2023 (2020).
- Any request to change a date that is periodically set aside for admission will not be granted by the University of Kerala.
- The Hon'ble High Court of Kerala shall have jurisdiction over any matters relating to the admission allocation.
- The University of Kerala will make the final judgment on any other matters not expressly included in this prospectus
Documents Required for Kerala University M.Ed Admission 2022
The applicants must not forget to attach a copy of the following documents along with their KU M.Ed admission application form while submitting the same -
SC/ST/SEBC/Differently Abled quota applicants must submit their relevant documents bearing the seal of the competent authority (not older than 12 months)
SEBC category applicants must attach a copy of the Non –creamy layer certificate from the competent authority
EWS category applicants must attach all the relevant documents issued by the village officer along with the application form
Applicants with a B.Ed degree from any other university except for Kerala University must produce a copy of the eligibility certificate/equivalency certificate issued by the KU officials stating that their Qualifying Examination is recognized for seeking admission to the M.Ed programme.
Kerala University M.Ed Merit List 2022
Admission to the M.Ed programme will be granted by the respective institutions based on the results of the eligibility exam. The marks obtained by the candidates in their previous B.Ed degree examination is considered by the KU officials or the affiliated institute officials during the preparation of the merit list. The KU officials release a category-wise merit list for M.Ed admission at the university and other institutions affiliated to it.
The admission shall also follow the below additional weightage policy. Some important pointers regarding the Kerala University M.Ed merit list are as follows -
M.Com/ M.A/ M.Sc candidates with a B.Ed degree are given an additional weightage during the merit list preparation.
15 points - for candidates who have achieved 1st division with distinction.
- 10 points - for candidates who have completed a B. Ed degree from the University of Kerala.
- 5 points - if the candidate has a 2nd division
- 5 points - if the candidate has a 2nd division
- 2 points - for previous teaching experience ( only experience more than 6 months shall be given weightage)
Candidates with teaching experience (more than 6 months) in Govt. /aided/recognized institutions are given an extra weightage of +2 marks for each year (max 10 marks)
10 marks weightage is given to B.Ed degree holders from Kerala University
There will be no age restriction for admission to an M.Ed programme.
Grade in PG Exam
Added Weightage (Marks)
1st class with distinction
Kerala University Affiliated Colleges Offering M.Ed
The following table contains the list of all those colleges that are affiliated to Kerala University and offer M.Ed programme along with their intake capacity and type of institutions they are -
Name of College
Type of College
Buddha College of teacher education, Muthukulam, Alappuzha
Sri. Vidhyadhiraja Model College of Teacher Education, Vendar, Kottarakkara, Kollam
We hope the above information will help the students in the admission process of M.Ed at Kerala University. Aspirants are advised to share their queries or feedback in the Q&A section of CollegeDekho.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for more updates on the M.Ed admissions in 2022.