Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Interior Designing courses are popular choices for candidates who want to foray in the field of design. The rapid urbanisation has increased the demand for interior designers and interior designing courses as residential areas have been subjected to vertical growth and real estate owners want to accommodate the best designs in minimum space.
There are various domains of interior design courses that may vary from furniture designing, fittings, space utilisation to management. With various universities now offering formal interior design courses, you can opt for either certificate, diploma or degree programmes after successfully completing class 12. Following are all the details that you need to know about interior designing courses
Skills required for Interior Designing Courses:
- In order to become a good interior designer, it is essential to have a creative thought process and to come up with new ideas.
- Originality of concepts is another essential aspect that interior designers are supposed to possess.
- Excellent drawing is one of the most important skills for this profession.
- Good listening and communication skills are also required to understand the demands of the client with precision.
- Interior designers are also required to be in touch with the industry requirement.
Type of Interior Design Courses:
There are various colleges that offer interior designing programmes at the undergraduate level. You can also pursue masters in the same field. Make sure that you choose your specialisation carefully. Business design, landscape design and residential designs are some of the specializations that you can choose from.
- B.Sc. In Interior Design
- B.Design (Interior & Furniture)
- B.A. Honours (Interior Design)
- B.A. in Interior Design
- B.Des in Interior Design
- B.Sc in Interior Design
- B.Sc Honours (Interior Design)
- M.Sc in Interior Design
- M.Des in Interior Design
- Master in Interior Design
- Diploma in Interior Designing
- Bachelor of Interior Design
Although the courses mentioned above are the best way to foray into the field of interior designing, you can also pursue the field after graduating from the field of architecture, design, fine arts, environment planning, etc.
Fees of Interior Designing Courses:
The fees of interior designing programmes will depend on the type of course and the institute/ university where you are planning to get enrolled. Mostly private universities such as Amity University and Lovely Professional University charge more than the central universities and colleges. You can expect the fees of interior designing programmes to vary from Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 2,50,000 (entire course).
Top Colleges for Interior Designing Courses in India:
Here is a list of some of the best Interior Designing colleges in India.
- National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
- Arch Academy of Design, Jaipur
- Centre for Design Excellence (CODE), Jaipur
- Chandigarh University - (CU) Chandigarh
- Pearl Academy, Noida
- Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun
- Jagannath Institute of Management Sciences - (JIMS) Sector-3 Rohini, Delhi
- Sage University (SU), Bhopal
- Jagannath University, NCR Haryana, Bahadurgarh
Job and Salaries after Pursuing Interior Design Courses:
The interior designing industry is still on its way of development as the people have not yet explored the field. There is a lot of scope for jobs once you have successfully completed a programme from one of the good colleges. With a sacristy of professional interior decorators, you can prove your mettle and get to work with some of the best firms in this field.
Salaries in this field depend on your experience. However, graduates can expect to get an entry-level package of Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 15,000. With experience, you can expect your salary to reach up to Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 75,000.