Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
CMAT quantitative techniques and data interpretation section need much practice and focus. Candidates are advised to begin preparing for the examination six months in advance to have clarity on questions, test patterns, and the syllabus. NTA will conduct the popular management exam CMAT on April 9, 2022.
The season of the management entrance exams has begun, and students appear for multiple entrance exams such as CAT, MAT, XAT,SNAP, IIFT, etc. Therefore, basic concepts are more or less the same in each exam. Since quantitative techniques and data interpretation are merged in CMAT 2022, a strategic preparation plan must be followed. Applicants must keep a note of the important questions from this section and practice sample papers and previous year's papers to score well.
In this article, CollegeDekho has shared multiple tips and tricks for aspirants to crack the quantitative techniques and data interpretation section easily. Also, some books are recommended to help in your CMAT 2022 exam preparation.
CMAT 2022: Quantitative Technique and Data Interpretation Highlights
Check out the highlights for the Quantitative Technique and Data Interpretation section for CMAT 2022 here:
- The section consists of 20 Multiple-choice based questions.
- The difficulty level of this section is mostly moderate to high.
- For many years it has been observed that this section is dominated by questions from quantitative techniques than from Data Interpretation.
- 17 right attempts are regarded as a good attempt in the Quantitative Technique & Data Interpretation section out of the total 20 questions.
CMAT Syllabus 2022: Quantitative Technique and Data Interpretation
Quantitative Technique and Data Interpretation contain mathematics-based questions so it is a scoring section for aspirants. Check out the main topics of this section aspirants must study before appearing for CMAT 2022 below.
Ratio and Proportion
Work and Time
Quadratic, Linear & Differential Equations
Profit and Loss
Allegation & Mixtures
Permutations & Combinations
Simple Interest and Compound Interest
Pipes and Cisterns
CMAT 2022 PreparationTips: Quantitative Technique & Data Interpretation
Sections based on the mathematics-based questions are always a good option on the candidate's part as marking is easy on such questions and also you can secure well here. Aspirants must check the preparation tips and tricks for the Quantitative Technique & Data Interpretation below.
- Aspirants must have better clarity and understanding of concepts, theorems, and formulas. If you have studied Mathematics in your graduation then it is a plus point for you.
- The section mostly has questions from the Quantitative techniques so candidates must prepare topics such as arithmetic, and algebra very well. Usually, 4 to 6 questions are asked from data interpretation out of the total 25 questions in this section.
- Candidates should practice several previous year papers and sample papers after they are done with a topic to have a better understanding of the topic.
- To crack the calculations in a single go, practice is the only thing we can advise you. Practice as many questions as you can from the Quantitative Technique & Data Interpretation section.
- Mock tests must be solved by the aspirants to get themselves familiar with the set of questions that are likely to appear in CMAT 2022. Practicing more and more mock tests will help you assess your weaker areas on which you have to focus more.
- If candidates find that they have strong command over Quantitative Technique & Data Interpretation section then, devise a strategy in such a way you can complete this section first in the minimum time and so can devote your time to the other sections such as Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, and General Awareness.
CMAT 2022 Best Books: Quantitative Technique & Data Interpretation Preparation
Here are some books candidates can refer to before starting their preparation for the Quantitative Technique & Data Interpretation section.
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations
Abhijit Guha (Mc Graw Hill Education)
The Complete Reference Manual for CMAT
SK Sinha, S Satyanarayan and JS Rana
Mathematics Books for Standard 8, 9 and 10
How to prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT
Dr. RS Aggarwal
Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT Common Admission Tests for Admission Into IIMs
Sarvesh K Verma (Arihant)
Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency for CAT/XAT/IIFT/CMAT/MAT/Bank
How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT
Also Read:CMAT 2022 Best Books
We hope that these preparation tips prescribed in the article above can help you obtain good scores in the Quantitative Technique & Data Interpretation section of CMAT 2022. We wish you all the best for the exam!
For admission-related details, aspirants can fill up the Common Application Form (CAF) and avail free counselling from our experts. For any queries, students can write to us through the Q&A Zone or call on the toll-free student helpline number 1800-5729877.