Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
CMAT 2022 logical reasoning section usually has a difficulty level between easy-moderate. It is not tough to score well in this section if you have a good idea of the nature of the questions asked in this section. The questions in this section are mostly relationship-based and assess the candidate's ability to understand the relation between situations. Therefore, candidates need to have a good CMAT 2022 preparation plan in place. Let's find out the tips on how to prepare for the logical reasoning section of the exam.
CMAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Section Highlights
Given below are the highlights of the logical reasoning section of CMAT 2022.
- This section comprises 20 questions.
- All of the questions are in MCQ Format.
- Each correct answer will fetch you 4 marks and the wrong answer will lead to a deduction of 1 mark.
- The difficulty level is from easy to moderate.
- Out of 20 questions, a minimum of 17 correct answers is sufficient for a good try.
Most students either underestimate or overestimate the Logical Reasoning section. Unlike the other sections, it requires patience and persistence. Candidates need lots of practice and time to prepare themselves for this section. With correct guidance and effort, you can score golden points here. But if not, it can be quite time-consuming during the examination. Hence, it is a good idea to be prepared well in advance, Here are some tips to follow to crack the Logical Reasoning section:
- Practice multiple CMAT 2022 sample papers. It will help in improving the speed.
- Read the question carefully, to avoid any errors.
- The Logical Reasoning section includes questions related to argument, blood statement, coding, and more. Even the slightest confusion can lead to the wrong answer. Hence, you will have to be cautious while answering these questions.
Syllabus of CMAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Section
Although it may seem simple and easy, this section has a vast syllabus. This section requires the candidate to think out of the box and analyse the matter. You will have to find a logical explanation and a valid solution for it. This segment puts certain skills to test, including deductive reasoning, inductive reasoning, argument, fallacy, argument, and inference. Given below are some of the sections that are covered under the logical reasoning section.
|Assumptions, Premise, and Conclusion||Ranking Test||Symbol Based Problems|
|Cause and Effects||Coding and Decoding||Statements, Arguments, and Assumptions|
|Assertion and Reasoning||Analogy Test||Blood Relations|
|Number Series||Matrix Arrangement||Direction and Distance|
|Inferences and Judgements||Input and Output||Non-Verbal Reasoning|
CMAT 2022 Logical Reasoning Preparation
Primarily, logical reasoning consists of two sections:
Questions that are based on assumptions, conclusions, reason-based, statement-based, arguments cause and effect based are included.
Broadly graphs, family tree, coding and decoding, symbol or sequences based, and direction based questions or more. The questions revolve around these criteria. The only key to crack the best scores in Logical Reasoning is practice. And instead of investing maximum time in one section, one must go through all the other sections.
Tips to Prepare for CMAT 2022 Logical Reasoning
Now since we have a fairly good understanding of what this section comprises, given below are some tips to help prepare for the Logical Reasoning section of CMAT.
1. Exam Pattern Analysis
Knowing the most recent exam pattern will help you prepare for a test. Over the past years, puzzles, arguments, assumptions, blood relations, letter series, decision-making are the common factors. Therefore, make sure to go through these questions while preparing.
2. Time Management
The only way to complete the Logical Reasoning part is through time management. You will have to divide your time wisely according to the need of the question and your strengths and weaknesses. And the practice papers can contribute to it. Divide your time wisely to each question. And, make sure not to waste any extra time other than the allotted time.
3. Sample Papers
Practice as many sample papers before the exam. Try to complete at least 2-3 sections daily. It will help you identify your weak areas. You can allot 20-30 seconds for easy questions and 30-40 seconds for difficult ones. And without practice, you will not be able to know that. Therefore, make sure to practice as much as necessary.
Also Read:What is a Good Score in CMAT 2022?
Additional Preparation Tips for CMAT 2022 Logical Reasoning
In addition to the tips given above, here are a few more tips to tackle the logical reasoning section.
- Improve your skills by puzzle-solving, crosswords, Sudoku on daily basis.
- Pay attention to the questing that includes suggestive words such as, “Including”, “Only”, “Unless” or more.
- Equally pay attention to the negative prefixes, non-, un-, dis-, or similar others.
- Check previous year's question papers.
- Don’t jump to conclusions. Read through carefully first.
- Make a habit of taking notes to refer to.
- Practice maximum Mock Tests and Sample Papers.
- Stay Calm during the examination. Try to respond to each question with accuracy.
Best Books for CMAT 2022 Logical Reasoning
Candidates can refer to various books and online preparation material. You may also refer to videos and practice papers. However, it is best to focus on the books to have physical materials. Here are some of the best books for the logical reasoning section:
- A Modern Approach To Logical Reasoning By R. S. Aggarwal
- How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT by Arun Sharma
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT by Nishit Sinha
Hence, proper preparation and constant practice will ensure you get the best results in the logical reasoning section for exam 2022. Prepare well and make your time count.
|7 Tips to Beat CMAT 2022 With A Bang - Best Tips for Good Score in CMAT 2022||Mistakes to Avoid on CMAT 2022 Exam Day|
|MBA Colleges for Low Percentile/ Score in CMAT 2022||Top MBA Colleges Accepting CMAT 2022 Scores, Cutoffs & Fees|
If you have any doubts regarding CMAT 2022 or any other MBA entrance exam, write to us through the Q&A Zone. You can fill up the Common Application Form (CAF) or call on the toll-free student helpline number 1800-572-9877 for any admission-related assistance. For more information, visitCollegeDekho.