Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The Law School Admission Test (LSAT) India 2023 is an annually conducted law entrance exam that is quite popular. LSAC Global, the conducting body of LSAT India, released some important reminders or exam day guidelines to ensure a hassle-free experience.
Candidates appearing for LSAT India 2023 will have to take the test using their LSAT India 2023 user ID and password. Given below are the guidelines that are to be followed before and during the test. This entails several system/ technical requirements, identification requirements, items that will be allowed during the exam, and forms of misconduct while taking the test. Read further to learn more about LSAT India 2023 exam day guidelines.
LSAT India 2023 Highlights
The overview of LSAT India 2023 has been given below.
|Exam Name||Law School Admission Test - India|
|Short Form||LSAT India|
|Conducting Body||LSAC Global|
|Exam Dates||Jan Session: Jan 2023 |
May Session: June 2023
|Exam Mode||Online Proctored|
|Exam Duration||2 hours and 30 minutes|
Technical/ System Requirements for LSAT India 2023
Given below are the technical requirements for LSAT India 2023:
Windows Operating Systems Supported:
- Windows 10 (64-bit) (excluding 'S Mode')
- Windows 8.1 (64-bit) (all editions except 'RT')
- Windows 8 (64-bit) (all editions except 'RT')
Other Windows OS Requirements:
- Windows Operating Systems must pass Genuine Windows Validation.
- Dual-Core / i3 or above processor
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (or higher) installed/enabled in your system
- Note that Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 7 are strictly prohibited for exam delivery.
Mac Operating Systems Supported:
- macOS 10.12 (excluding beta versions)
- macOS 10.13 (excluding beta versions)
- macOS 10.14 (excluding beta versions)
- macOS 10.15 (excluding beta versions)
Requirements for Both Window OS and Mac OS Computers:
- OS specified minimum RAM
- 4 GB RAM or more
- Attached or integrated working camera, allowing the camera to access the video capture during the exam
- Administrator privileges to install applications
- Internet with consistent speed (as equivalent to browsing) (2 to 5 Mbps)
- Supported web browser – Chrome (Ver 82.0 or above), Firefox (Ver 68 or above), Safari (Latest version)
- Disabled pop-up blockers in the web browser
- Installed updated Antivirus software
- End all web sharing applications like Skype, Team Viewer, MS Teams, Zoom, GoToMeeting, ShareIt, Webex, etc.
Steps to Take Before the LSAT India 2023 Test Day
Before the test day, all the candidates are supposed to check their systems to ensure that they work satisfactorily on the exam day. They are also supposed to attend the following beforehand:
- All candidates must ensure that their equipment meets the system requirements listed above.
- They must also perform the System Verification Steps. An email with the subject line 'LSAT India 2023- Get ready for Home proctored exam' will be sent to them with all of the information regarding the System Verification. For the process, candidates will have to get their Username and Password from their LSAT login account, download the secure browser (different for Windows and Mac), and check their system by logging into the link given.
- The candidates had to request their preferred day and time for the Test Appointment on the Registration Dashboard during the test scheduling window.
- The Test Appointment details will be available a few days prior to the test date through the Registration Dashboard. They will also receive an email regarding the same.
- It is imperative that applicants familiarise themselves with the testing experience by taking the LSAT India Mock Test available via the Registration site. This testing experience will be very similar to what they will experience on test day.
LSAT India Exam Day Guidelines 2023
The LSAT India 2023 exam day guidelines have been specified below:
Before Starting the Test
On the exam day, candidates have to ensure the following before starting the test:
Only the Computer and webcam (if separate), a valid and acceptable Photo ID, pen or pencils, two pieces of blank scratch paper and water will be permitted to be kept in the space during the test.
Adequate lighting should be available so that the candidate’s face is clearly visible.
Also Read: Difference Between CLAT, AILET and LSAT
During LSAT India 2023
Here are the exam day guidelines of LSAT India 2023:
Candidates must log in on time. If not, candidates will not be allowed to reschedule the test.
A proctor will verify your identity and the same shall take 10-15 minutes.
Candidates need to “accept” the conditions mentioned on the Instructions page in order to start the test. In case one declines the same, he/she will not be permitted to take the test.
Leaving the seat during the test, speaking aloud, or allowing others into the room will not be allowed.
The face of the candidate shall be in the video frame at all times.
Wearing headphones, headsets, earphones, etc. during the test is prohibited.
Note that while insertable nonelectronic foam earplugs are permitted while testing, the candidate should not wear them when his/ her photo is being clicked.
If the test taker navigates to another section, he/ she will NOT be able to return to the section they left.
Identity Card (ID) Requirements for LSAT India 2023
Candidates must make sure that they have one of the following IDs during the exam:
Election Card/Voter ID
Employee ID comprising photograph and signature
Note: Soft copy/photocopies of an ID, learner’s driver’s license, notarized copies, and Aadhaar registration slip will not be accepted.
Forms of Misconduct While Taking LSAT India 2023
The following are considered forms of misconduct and can further lead to the cancellation of the candidate’s LSAT India score:
Having an electronic device besides the system in the workspace or using it for any purpose
Using a mobile phone for any purpose
Allowing the face to leave the webcam’s frame on the screen
Interacting with anyone during the test
Attempting to run any application other than the test application
Accessing any prohibited materials
Leaving the seat for any purpose
Attempting to copy the test material or record the screen
Sharing details of LSAT India 2023 in any form, oral or written on the internet or through any media or means
Connecting or disconnecting any external storage devices
In case you have doubts about LSAT India 2023 exam day guidelines, please write to us or call our toll-free student helpline number 1800-572-9877 to get in touch with one of our admissions counsellors.