The Andhra Pradesh Government has finally come to a conclusion to bring about some major changes in the education system in the state. It has decided to introduce Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation [CCE] at school level in order to improve the skills of the students. It conducted a study with the help of professionals, who in turn, have submitted their report.
The report stated that a considerable percentage of school students are joining colleges without any basic communication skills and practical knowledge. This system was already introduced in Telangana and yielded some negative results. The reason for this negative impact was, this system is not being properly implemented in Government schools.
The advantages of CCE pattern are:
- Students gain technical knowledge which will be useful and beneficial to get good result in Intermediate
- Communication skills will be developed
- Students develop to interpret the lesson with various social aspects
- The reasoning level of the students will be developed which prepares them for various competitive exams in advance
The Andhra Pradesh government has decided to implement this system effectively from the 2016 academic year. Hereafter, students who are appearing for Class 10 Public examinations have to take an internal assessment of 20 marks and a written test of 80 marks. Students have to pass in both internal and written test.
Intellectuals expressed their views:
- Mr. K. Vijay Babu, HOD, Dept of Political Science, Andhra Loyola College, opined that "This system would yield better results if it is properly implemented
- Mr.Ch. Srinivasulu. HOD, Civil Engineering Department, VR Siddhartha Engineering College, expressed that "This system would develop the practical approach among the students"
Source: Sakunth, City Journalist - Vijaywada, CollegeDekho