Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
TET is an entrance exam for teachers in different states. It is held by both the central and state governments to shortlist eligible teachers for schools and colleges. TET has two papers, Paper 1 & 2. Paper 1 is the primary level for the candidates who wish to become a teacher at the primary level and paper 2 is for the upper primary level. It is for those candidates who want to teach junior classes (6th-10th).
What is the TET Exam?
TET is mandatory for becoming a government teacher in India. This article includes a list of all TET exams in India for 2020-21 along with their application form, exam dates, eligibility criteria, and exam pattern.
List of State Wise TET Exams 2020-21
Given below is the list of various state wise TET exams for 2020-21 along with their expected date of notification and the expected exam date:
Expected Notification Date
Expected Exam Date
|CTET 2020||Released||January 31, 2021|
|Assam TET||May 2021||June 2021|
|HP TET||May 2021||June 2021|
|Kerala TET||May 2021||June 2021|
|Tripura TET||June 2021||August 2021|
|Mizoram TET||-||January 2021|
TET Eligibility Criteria 2020-21
Given below are the eligibility criteria for TET 2020-21 which applicants need to know before applying for the TET exam.
The eligibility criteria for Paper 1 is as follows
- The candidate must have passed class 12th with at least 50% and appeared in the final year of the 2-year diploma in elementary education or
- The candidate must have passed class 12th with at least 45% and passed or appeared in the final year of the 2-year diploma in elementary education as per the NCTE Regulations 2002 or
- The candidate must have passed class 12th with at least 50% and passed or appeared for the final year of the 4-year bachelor of elementary education or
- The candidate must have pursued graduation and passed or appeared for the final year of the 2-year diploma in education (special education) or
- The candidate must have done graduation and appearing in the final year of the 2-year diploma in elementary education
Eligibility Criteria for Paper 2
For paper 2 of TET 2021, candidates need to follow the eligibility criteria given below
- The candidate must be a graduate or appearing for the final year of the 2-year diploma in elementary education or
- The candidate with a graduation score of minimum 50% and passed or appearing for the 1-year bachelor in education or
- The candidate must have done graduation with at least 45% and passed or appearing in the 1-year bachelor in education as per the NCTE regulations or
- Must have passed class 12th with at least 50% and passed or appeared for the final year of the 4-year bachelor in elementary education course or
- Must have passed 12th with minimum 50% and passed or appeared for the final year of the 4-year BA/B.Sc.Ed or BA.Ed/B.Sc.Ed or
- Must have pursued graduation with at least 50% or must have passed or appeared for the 1-year B.Ed (Special Education)
Documents Required for TET 2020-21
Before applying for TET 2020-21, candidates must have an idea about the documents which are required for TET. Given below is the list of documents:
- Recent photograph
- ID proof
- Caste Certificate
- Age Certificate
- Qualifications Certificate
- Academic Records
- Experience Certificate
TET Online Application Form Process 2020-21
To appear for the TET exam, candidates need to fill in the application form online by logging in to the official website. Then they have to click on ‘Apply Online’ and will be taken to the instructions page. They will have to read all the basic instructions regarding the application process and after reading all the instructions carefully, they can apply online.
Candidates will have to fill in all the details and click on ‘Next’. There is also a reset button to edit the filled in information. After ‘Next’, candidates will be redirected to a Review Page and after that, they will have to click on the ‘Final Submit’ button. After that, a registration number will be issued to the candidate which needs to be kept safe for future use.
TET 2020-21 Exam Pattern
TET 2020-21 will have two papers, paper 1 and 2. Both papers will have 150 multiple-choice questions. Every question will have four options and out of the four, only one will be right. For every right answer, candidates will get 1 mark and there will be no negative marking. The duration to solve each paper is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Exam Pattern for TET Paper 1 2020-21
Marks for each Subject
Number of Multiple Choice Questions
Child Development & Pedagogy
Exam Pattern for TET Paper II 2020-21
Number of Questions (MCQs)
Math and Science or Social Science
Child Development & Pedagogy
TET/CTET Qualifying Marks 2020-21
CTET is the Central Teachers Eligibility Test which is conducted by the CBSE as per the norms of the Ministry of Human Resource Development. The table below has the CTET/TET qualifying marks for 2020-21:
Qualifying Marks Percentage
TET/CTET Passing Marks
TET/CTET Total Marks
CTET/TET Validity 2020-21
The validity of the CTET certificate is 7 years. After getting the CTET certificate, candidates can apply to all state government teaching jobs. On the other hand, the validity of the TET certificate is 5 years.