Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
You might have seen movies like Kung Fu Panda, Narnia, Bolt, Ice Age, Monster vs. Aliens and many other films. These movies are an example of a miracle that is called Animation. Today, Animation Courses have a wide scope in the market, and it is an apt field for those who want to create magic and turn their imagination into a reality.
Despite the global economic crisis in recent times, the scope for animation courses has been increasing rapidly. Even though animation courses have emerged late in India, they are witnessing tremendous growth and the future scope is bright. Every year, thousands of aspirants are pursuing animation courses, and they are being placed in the areas of 2D & 3D Animation.
|Mass Communication Vs Animation - Which Course is a Better Option After Class 12?|
The scope for animation courses will further increase as various animation giants like Disney are outsourcing animation works. Therefore, choosing a career in Animation is a good choice. Following are all the details that you need to know about animation courses.
Type of Animation Courses after 12th
To become an animator, a Bachelor’s or Diploma degree in Animation is mandatory. There are various colleges that offer an Undergraduate or a Diploma course in Animation, and the duration of the course varies from six months to 4 years. If you want to take up Animation as your career path, you can also choose a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts (BFA).
Name of the Course
Type of Course
BA in Animation and CG Arts
BA in Animation and Graphic Design
|Bachelor’s Degree||3 years|
BA in Digital Filmmaking and Animation
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation, Graphics, and Web Design
B.Sc. in Animation and Gaming
B.Sc. in Animation and VFX
Diploma in 2D Animation
Diploma in Animation and Filmmaking
1 to 2 years
Diploma in 3D Animation
Diploma in Animation and VFX
Diploma in Digital Animation
Diploma in Animation, Video Editing and Post Production work
1 to 2 years
Diploma in CG Animation
Diploma in VFX
Certificate in VFX
3 to 6 months
Certificate in Editing, Mixing and Post Production Works
Certificate in 2D Animation
3 to 6 months
Certificate in CG Arts
3 to 6 months
Certificate in 3D Animation
3 to 6 months
Also Read: Career as an Animator!
Eligibility Criteria for Animation Courses after 12th
Bachelor’s Degree and Diploma Courses:
Check out the eligibility criteria for Bachelor’s Degree and Diploma Courses in Animation after class 12th:
- You have to pass class 12 (any stream, i.e. science, commerce or arts) in order to apply for these courses.
- Some of the institutes may require you to secure at least 50% marks in order to secure admission to these courses.
Given below is the eligibility criteria for certificate courses in Animation:
- Enthusiasm to pursue is enough to apply for these courses, however, some of the institutes require you to pass at least class 10th in order to pursue these courses.
Skills Required for Animation Courses after 12th:
Check out the skill required for animation courses after 12th here:
- If you have a thing for creativity, Animation is one of the best career options.
- Apart from creativity, you need to have a craze for the field.
- To become a good Animator, you need to have good imagination power as well as sketching and drawing skills.
- An Animator should be able to understand and catch the expressions of not only human beings but also birds, animals, and others.
- The skill of the animator lies in how he/she presents the character with appropriate expressions.
- An animator should have exceptional visualization skills as well as a flair for using colours.
- Dedication, hard work and patience are essential to succeed in the career.
- Teamwork and communication skills are also required to achieve success.
Therefore, if you have all the above skills, Animation is the best career option for you.
Job Options for Animation Courses after 12th
Job prospects in Animation are increasing at a rapid pace as the entertainment and gaming industry is in its development stages. The film and advertising industry need the help of animators, and hence, new jobs are being created. Today, full-length animation movies have high demand and to make it a reality; almost 300-500 animators are needed at once. Following are some of the profiles that you can apply for:
- Rigging Artist
- Texture Artist
- Game Designer
- 3D/ 2D Animator
- Rendering Artist
- Image Editor
- Lightning Artist
- Key Frame Animator
- Digital Ink and Paint Artist
- Special Effect Artist
- Character Animator
Salary in Animation Courses after 12th:
Here is all you need to know about salary in animation courses after 12th:
- A fresher or a startup in the field of Animation may earn around Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 15,000 per month. It may vary depending on the skills and knowledge of the candidate. At the starting of their career, some deserving individuals may also extract around Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 50,000 per month.
- A senior professional can earn around Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs 1,60,000 per month depending on their skill set and work experience.
Colleges Offering Animation Courses after 12th:
Provided below are some of the well-known colleges in India offering animation courses after 12th:
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
|INR 80,000 to INR 1,00,000|
Kolkata, West Bengal
|INR 70,000 to INR 1,67,000|
If you want to apply for admissions in the college of your choice fill our Common Application Form or dial the student helpline number 1800-572-9877 (toll-free ) and get the best advice on your career choices. If have any doubt regarding animation courses, you can ask questions on the CollegeDekho QnA zone.