Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
You might have seen movies like Kung Fu Panda, Narnia, Bolt, Ice Age, Monster vs. Aliens and many other films. These movies are an example of a miracle that is called Animation. Today, Animation Courses have a wide scope in the market, and it is an apt field for those who want to create magic and turn their imagination into a reality.
Despite the global economic crisis in recent times, the scope for animation courses has been increasing rapidly. Even though animation courses have emerged late in India, they are witnessing a tremendous growth and the future scope is bright. Every year, thousands of aspirants are pursuing animation courses, and they are being placed in the areas of 2D & 3D Animation.
The scope for animation courses will further increase as various animation giants like Disney are outsourcing the animation works. Therefore, choosing a career in Animation is a good choice. Following are all the details that you need to know about animation courses.
Type of Animation Courses:
To become an animator, a Bachelor’s or Diploma degree in Animation is mandatory. However, only a few colleges or institutes in India offer a Bachelor’s degree in Animation. There are various colleges that offer a Diploma course in Animation, and the duration of the course varies between six months to one year. Additionally, if you want to take up Animation as your career path, you can choose a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts (BFA).
Name of the Course
Type of Course
BA in Animation & Multimedia
BA in Animation and CG Arts
B.Sc. in Animation & Multimedia
BA in Animation and Graphic Design
Bachelor of Visual Arts (Animation)
BA in Digital Filmmaking and Animation
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation, Graphics, and Web Design
B.Sc. in Animation and Gaming
B.Sc. in Animation and VFX
Diploma in 2D Animation
Diploma in Animation and Filmmaking
1 to 2 years
Diploma in 3D Animation
Diploma in Animation and VFX
Diploma in Digital Animation
Diploma in Animation, Video Editing and Post Production work
1 to 2 years
Diploma in CG Animation
Diploma in VFX
Certificate in VFX
3 to 6 months
Certificate in Editing, Mixing and Post Production Works
Certificate in 2D Animation
3 to 6 months
Certificate in CG Arts
3 to 6 months
Certificate in 3D Animation
3 to 6 months
Animation Courses Eligibility Criteria:
Bachelor’s Degree andDiploma Courses:
- You have to pass class 12 (any stream, i.e. science, commerce or arts) in order to apply for these courses.
- Some of the institutes may require you to secure at least 50% marks in order to secure admission in these courses.
- Enthusiasm to pursue is enough to apply for these courses, however, some of the institutes require you to pass at least class 10 in order to pursue these courses.
Skills Required for Animation Courses:
- If you have a thing for creativity, Animation is one of the best career options.
- Apart from creativity, you need to have a craze towards the field.
- To become a good Animator, you need to have a good imagination power as well as sketching and drawing skills.
- An Animator should be able to understand and catch the expressions of not only human beings but also birds, animals, and others.
- The skill of the animator lies in how he/she presents the character with appropriate expressions.
- An animator should have exceptional visualization skills as well as a flair for using colours.
- Dedication, hard work and patience are essential to succeed in the career.
- Teamwork and communication skills are also required to achieve success.
Therefore, if you have all the above skills, Animation is the best career option for you.
Also read: - All You Need to Know about a Career in Nutrition
Job Options after Animation Courses:
Job prospects in Animation are increasing at a rapid pace as the entertainment and gaming industry is in its development stages. The film and advertising industry needs the help of animators, and hence, new jobs are being created. Today, full-length animation movies have high demand and to make it a reality; almost 300-500 animators are needed at once. Following are some of the profiles that you can apply for:
- 3D Animator
- Rigging Artist
- Texture Artist
- 2D Animator
- Rendering Artist
- Image Editor
- Lightning Artist
- Key Frame Animator
- Digital Ink and Paint Artist
- Special Effect Artist
- Character Animator
Also read: - All you need to know about B.Tech Lateral Entry
Salary after pursuing Animation courses:
- A fresher or a startup in the field of Animation may earn around Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 15,000.
- However, an experienced professional can earn around Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 55, 000.
Colleges Offering Animation Courses:
- Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada
- Whistling Woods International, Mumbai
- Global Institute of Gaming and Animation, Chennai
- Indian Institute of Film and Animation, Bangalore
- Zee Institute of Creative Arts, New Delhi & Cochin
- Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematics, Mumbai
- Apeejay Institute of Design, South Delhi
- Indian Institute of Digital Art and Animation, Kolkata
- National Institute of Film and Fine Arts, Kolkata
If you want to apply for admissions in the college of your choice fill our common application form and get best advice on your career choices.