- Importance of IGNOU Assignments
- How to Check IGNOU Assignment Status?
- Steps to Check IGNOU Assignment Status
- Information Mentioned on IGNOU Assignment Status
- IGNOU Assignment Submission Dates
- Steps to Download IGNOU Assignment
- How to Submit the IGNOU Assignment?
- What to Do if IGNOU Assignment Status Shows ‘Not Updated?
- IGNOU Assignment Update Process and Time
- IGNOU Assignment Status - Important Points
How to Check IGNOU Assignment Status Online: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has released assignments for the July 2023 and January 2024 session. Once you have submitted your assignment, IGNOU provides an online method to check the IGNOU assignment status. This allows candidates to track the progress of their project/assignment by entering their enrollment number, date of birth, and program code. IGNOU admission is the process by which students are enrolled in various courses at the university.
IGNOU assignments are an important part of the distance learning experience. They are designed to help students learn the material and to assess their progress. IGNOU assignments are typically due at the end of each semester, and they can vary in length and complexity depending on the course. IGNOU assignments have a weightage of 30% in the final evaluation of each course. This means that your performance in your assignments will account for one-third of your overall grade. Therefore, it is important to take your assignments seriously and submit high-quality work. To learn more about how to check IGNOU assignment status online, continue reading.
Importance of IGNOU Assignments
IGNOU assignments are important for several reasons. First, they help you learn the course material and develop your critical thinking and analytical skills. Second, they allow you to practice answering different types of questions, which can help you prepare for the term-end examinations. Third, your assignments allow you to receive feedback from your instructors, which can help you improve your writing and presentation skills.
How to Check IGNOU Assignment Status?
The students are advised to check the IGNOU assignment submission status in online mode at ignou.ac.in. The assignment submission status is usually updated on the official website 30 days after the physical submission of the assignment at the assigned study center. Candidates are required to enter login details like the IGNOU registration number and IGNOU program code to check the IGNOU assignment submission status.
Steps to Check IGNOU Assignment Status
The IGNOU assignment status checking allows students to be informed about the status of submitted assignments. Below are the steps using which students can easily check their assignment status online.
- Visit the official website of IGNOU: admission.ignou.ac.in
- The student will be asked to enter their enrollment number and program code
- After entering the details click on the submit button
- After clicking on the submit button the IGNOU’s assignment status screen will be displayed
- Download or take the printout of the IGNOU assignment status for future reference
Information Mentioned on IGNOU Assignment Status
Students are also advised to check all the details mentioned to ensure that there are no mistakes. In case you find any mistake in IGNOU assignment status details, immediately contact the authorities to get the mistakes corrected. The IGNOU Assignment Status mentions the following details:
- Enrollment number
- Name of program
- Course code
- Assignment completion status
- Submission date of the assignment
IGNOU Assignment Submission Dates
Applicants need to review the provided table to stay informed about the significant dates for IGNOU assignment 2023:
July Session (2023)
January Session (2024)
IGNOU Assignment last date for UG
March 31, 2024
September 30, 2024
IGNOU Assignment submission last date for PG
March 31, 2024
September 30, 2024
Submission of projects, fieldwork journals
To be notified
To be notified
Term End Examination
|To be notified
|To be notified
Steps to Download IGNOU Assignment
Students can easily download their IGNOU assignment just by following the mentioned points:
- Go to the IGNOU website: https://www.ignou.ac.in/
- Click on the "Student Zone" tab.
- Click on the "Assignments" link.
- On the "IGNOU Assignments" page, you will see a list of all the assignments for your current semester.
- Click on the assignment that you want to download.
- The assignment will open in a new window.
- Click on the "Download" button to download the assignment in PDF format.
How to Submit the IGNOU Assignment?
Before the Term End Exam (TEE) begins, students must submit the IGNOU assignments online. To make the submission process hassle-free, follow the instructions provided below:
- Visit the official website at webservices.ignou.ac.in to access the necessary information.
- Obtain the assignment PDF file for your selected program.
- Alternatively, you can utilize the assignments sent via speed post or registered courier by the university.
- Check the assignment status for IGNOU 2023 at your regional IGNOU study center.
- Refer to the provided booklet for the IGNOU last date of assignment submission in 2023.
- Ensure your assignments include your name, enrollment number, address, and study center details at the beginning.
- Submit your completed IGNOU assignments to the respective study center. It's crucial to be aware of the location of your study center.
- After submission, obtain the Head of Department's (HOD) signature on the submission slip. Include details like the IGNOU course name, enrollment number, and submission date on the slip. Keep this slip for future reference.
- For record-keeping, candidates are advised to have photocopies of their submitted IGNOU assignments attested by the study center.
Read More:How to Submit IGNOU Assignment Online?
What to Do if IGNOU Assignment Status Shows ‘Not Updated?
Wondering how to find out your IGNOU assignment status online? Well, after you submit your assignment, it takes about 25 days for the IGNOU assignment status window to get updated. Typically, the university updates the assignment marks just a few days before announcing the IGNOU TEE results. If you find that your IGNOU assignment status or marks haven't been updated for a while, don't worry. You can reach out to your regional centre for more information.
The IGNOU assignment results are usually declared at the same time as the IGNOU TEE results. To check your IGNOU assignment marks, you can visit the official website - ignou.ac.in and look for the IGNOU gradecard. It's a good idea to check the gradecard to make sure everything is in order.
Here's a helpful tip: When you submit your IGNOU assignment, make sure to get a receipt signed by the Head of Department (HOD). Additionally, it's advised to get photocopies of your IGNOU assignments attested by the study centre. These steps will help you have enough evidence to prove that you've submitted your assignment.
IGNOU Assignment Update Process and Time
Once the assignments are submitted through any of the available methods before the last date of submission of the assignment to IGNOU, they are sent to the study center or regional center assessor for assessment. After successful evaluation, the evaluator will upload the marks directly to the IGNOU site or send them to IGNOU Delhi for online updates. After that, students can check their marks, IGNOU assignment submission status, and the results of their assignments on the website. Generally, IGNOU assignment marks are uploaded and updated within 40 days of submission to the respective study or regional center.
IGNOU Assignment Status - Important Points
- The deadline for submitting IGNOU assignments for the December Term-End Examination usually falls in the last week of November.
- Candidates must submit their assignments before the commencement of the term-end examination. An important reminder is to keep a copy of the assignment response for future reference.
- Submission of the IGNOU assignment must be completed within the specified deadline as mentioned in the assignment booklet. Only candidates who have successfully submitted their assignments can check their IGNOU assignment status.
- It's important to note that the process of updating the IGNOU assignment status may take some time. Therefore, if the status initially shows as 'not found' or 'not submitted,' candidates need not worry. However, if this status persists for an extended period, it is advisable to reach out to the regional center officials for assistance.
- IGNOU assignments play a significant role in the overall evaluation process. To ensure a positive IGNOU assignment status and avoid any complications in obtaining the degree, candidates must adhere to the submission deadlines.
- The passing marks for IGNOU assignments are set at 50%. Achieving a minimum score of 50% is crucial to have the IGNOU assignment status reflected as 'completed' in the IGNOU grade card. If the status indicates 'IGNOU assignment status not completed,' it implies a failure in the assignment. In such instances, candidates are required to rewrite and resubmit their IGNOU assignments to rectify the situation.
If you are interested in knowing about IGNOU programmes and admission 2024, then fill out the Common Application Form available on CollegeDekho. Our expert counsellors can help you clear all of your doubts and assist you throughout the admission process to the college and the course of your dreams.
Written By: Deepit Mathur