Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Delhi University (DU), being one of the most sought after university in the country, is the dream university for many students who seek admission in undergraduate programmes. Admission to DU is not as easy as the university has high cut-offs for most of its UG programmes.
However, if you were unable to take admission in DU due to some reason or didn’t get the desired DU college, there is still hope. DU has certain provisions basis which it admits students in the 3rd semester (2nd year) of the UG programmes.
Although this migration to DU is not easy, students with valid reasons and good marks can take admission in 2nd year of UG programmes offered by colleges affiliated to DU. Check out the details of the migration process below.
DU Inter-University Migration Policy
This type of migration process involves students from other universities applying for admission in 3rd semester of UG courses offered by DU. The migration is allowed only under the circumstances if the parents or guardians of the students reside in Delhi or are migrating to Delhi.
DU Inter-University Migration Eligibility Criteria:
- Migration under this scheme is applicable only for B.A. Programme & B.Com Programme in the 3rd semester.
- Candidates seeking migration in either of the above programmes will have to secure the minimum percentage laid down by DU as the passing score in the 1st year exams.
DU Inter-University Migration Process:
Candidates will have to contact the college where they are seeking admission in order to get the No Objection Certificate. This certificate must be obtained during the office timings and schedule notified by the University of Delhi.
Documents Required for Admission after Migration:
- Leaving Certificate issued by the Principal of the College or by the Registrar of the University from where the 1st year was pursued.
- Mark sheet of the first year examinations.
- Documentary evidence basis which the candidate is applying for migration.
DU Inter-College Migration Policy
This migration is possible for students who want to move from one college to another within the Delhi University. Migration will be allowed only under the following circumstances.
DU Inter-College Migration Eligibility:
- Migration will be permitted from one DU college to another in the 3rd semester of B.A & B.Com, B.A. (Hons.), B.Com (Hons.) or B.Sc. (Hons.) programmes.
- Candidate must have passed in both 1st and 2nd semester of the respective course in order to seek migration.
DU Inter-College Migration Process:
In order to migrate within DU colleges, candidates will have to get No Objection Certificate from the college where he/she wants to take admission. The schedule to retrieve the certificate will be provided by DU.
Documents Required for Admission after Migration:
- No Objection Certificate from the principal of the college where the 1st year was pursued as well as the principal of the college where admission is to be taken in the 2nd year.
- Leaving Certificate issued by the college from where the first year was pursued.
- Mark sheets of the exams cleared.
DU Rules and Regulations for Migration Policy
The following are the rules and regulations that must be followed by the candidates migrating from one college/university to another -
- Candidates of the Regular Colleges cannot migrate to School of Open Learning (SOL) or Non-Collegiate Women’s Education Board (NCWEB). This inter-college migration is not possible as regular colleges follow the semester pattern, whereas, SOL and NCWEB follow the Annual scheme.
- Migration from one college to another cannot be done to change courses.
- Migration cannot be done in the final year or 5th semester of any programme.
- Migration is not allowed at post-graduate level courses.
- Migration applications from one college of DU to another can only be entertained by the Principal of the College from which migration is being sought.
- Change in roll numbers will be done by the University Registrar after the written consent has been received from the Principals of both the colleges.
Despite the provision of migration in DU, the policy is not supported by DU colleges Principals as they analyse it as an unfair means to seek admission in reputed colleges. However, with valid reasons, a good performance in the first year and by obliging with all the rules of the university, migration in DU colleges is possible.
All About DU Admissions 2020
If you are a student who has just completed his/ her class 12th and is looking forward to applying for admission to the Delhi University, you must understand the admission process of DU very well. CollegeDekho has curated several articles describing the DU admission process 2020 in detail. Check out the links mentioned below to get a good understanding of Delhi University admissions.
- Must Read Historical Facts Kept Secret by Delhi University
- Delhi University NCWEB UG Admissions 2020 Important Dates
- Delhi University NCWEB PG Admissions 2020: Important Dates
- List of NCWEB Colleges of Delhi University
- Admissions to UG Courses in Delhi University (DU) through Entrance Test
- Delhi University Distance Education: Distance and Correspondence Courses in DU
- List of Colleges in Delhi University: Affiliated/Recognised Colleges in DU
- Top BBA Colleges of Delhi University
- 8 Advantages of Studying in Delhi University
- Delhi University LLB and LLM Admissions 2020
- List of South Campus Colleges in Delhi University (DU)
- List of North Campus Colleges in Delhi University (DU)
- Delhi University (DU) B.A, B.Com, B.Sc Admission
- Delhi University BA (Hons) Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination 2020
- Delhi University Courses: Stream-wise List of DU UG Courses
- Top 10 Economics Colleges in Delhi University
- Top 10 Science Colleges in Delhi University
- Top 10 Arts Colleges in Delhi University
- Documents Required for Delhi University Admissions 2020
It is a known fact that every year, DU gets lakhs of applications from students around the world. However, it is not possible for every aspirant to get a seat in the prestigious university as the number of seats in every course is limited. Therefore, there is a huge crowd of students who do not get admission in any DU college due to high cut off scores. These students can check several private universities that provide not only a good curriculum but also additional facilities like an impressive infrastructure and a decent placement record.
If you are in two minds regarding which college to take admission in, you must fill the Common Application Form (CAF) which allows you to apply to multiple colleges with just one form. As soon as you submit this form, an admissions expert will contact you and talk to you regarding your requirements in terms of a college for higher studies. Considering all the preferences of yours, the counsellor will provide you with a list of options from which you can choose the college which is the most ideal for you. The admissions expert will provide complete guidance throughout the entire admission process.
Stay connected to CollegeDekho to get all the updates regarding college admissions in India. If you have any doubts or queries, head towards our QnA Zone and send us your questions. You can also call on the toll-free student helpline number 1800-572-9877 and talk to our counsellors directly.