Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
A part-time MBA is a convenient option for those who are unable to take up a full-time MBA course due to many reasons such as household commitments, work commitments, financial constraints, etc. In simple words, it is not possible for all to pursue management courses through regular classroom learning mode. For such candidates, a part-time MBA is a good choice to pursue their dream of doing an MBA.
Considering the rising demand for part-time MBA courses, hundreds of institutes have introduced a part-time MBA course or a PGDM course. The scope of a part-time MBA course in India is growing rapidly and a part-time MBA degree from a top MBA college will help students land jobs with good salary benefits.
Duration of Part-Time MBA Course
Part-time MBA or PGDM courses last for two or three years. The classes for part-time MBA courses are not conducted regularly as compared to a full-time MBA course. Most colleges conduct classes on the weekends while some conduct classes in the evenings. Participants must maintain the minimum attendance prescribed or set by the institute to be eligible for exams.
Also Read: Best MBA Specializations in India
Benefits of Part-Time MBA Course
Part-time MBA course has numerous benefits/ advantages. Here is a list of some of the major benefits of part-time MBA courses in India.
- Career Growth: Working professionals who are looking to equip themselves with the latest skills and trends in the business management domain can take up a part-time MBA course. The course will help working professionals evaluate whether the career growth they are expecting is in accordance with the demand of the industry or not. Based on the observation, the working professionals can develop the necessary skills that it will lead to better career prospects/ up-gradation of existing positions.
- Exposure: Part-time MBA course provides great exposure to participants on new things associated with the subject that will multiply the chances for individuals to work with like-minded people and interact with them. The course helps participants take up new responsibilities with access to better remuneration. All in all, a part-time MBA course will improve the expertise of a person as he/ she will be exposed to different topics of business management.
- Flexibility: Part-time MBA courses offer flexibility to the candidates. Working professionals can attend the classes during the weekends/ holidays/ evenings without causing any disturbance to their professional careers. The course will help working professionals manage their job, studies, and family responsibilities simultaneously.
- Tuition Fee Funding by Company: In most cases, the companies encourage their employees to take up a part-time MBA course for upgrading their qualifications and skills. In such cases, the companies fund the tuition fees for part-time MBA courses with certain conditions. It will reduce the financial burden of the applicants.
- Faster Promotions and Incentives: A professional degree in MBA will add weightage to a person’s resume. Working professionals more often take up a part-time MBA course for promotions and incentives. In most IT companies, after a certain level of promotion, an MBA is almost necessary for faster growth.
- Low Fees and Minimal Competition for Admission: Compared to the full-time MBA course, the fees for a part-time MBA course are less. On the other hand, the competition for admission to part-time MBA courses is relatively less compared to a full-time MBA. The admission process is mostly straightforward and less competitive.
- Other Benefits: The curriculum and structure of the part-time MBA course are almost similar to the traditional MBA course. Therefore, candidates who choose a part-time MBA do not miss the essential components of the course.
Also Read: Career Scope after Completing Distance MBA
Scope of Part-Time MBA Course
Even though the part-time MBA concept is the latest one, it has emerged as the preferred management course due to numerous reasons. The scope of a part-time MBA is thus getting wider with every passing year. The scope of a part-time MBA course is elaborated below: -
- Part-time MBA from top colleges offers excellent career prospects. The course is approved by UGC/ AICTE and is at par with the regular MBA courses.
- The placement trends for part-time MBA degree is high as the course is widely acceptable by the corporate sector.
- Working professionals enjoy good career growth after completing a part-time MBA course.
- Entrepreneurs will also have a good career path with a part-time MBA course, as they attain the necessary skills for running a business venture.
While joining a part-time MBA course, the candidates must be careful as some institutes offer a part-time MBA course without AICTE/ UGC approval.
Placement Opportunities after Part-Time MBA Courses
After the completion of the part-time MBA course, high career growth in the existing organization is possible for the participants. Most recruiters also prefer candidates with part-time MBA degrees as the key eligibility criteria of the course is work experience. Most institutes offer part-time MBA courses only to those candidates who have at least 3-4 years of work experience. These candidates will not only have experience but also skills in business management.
Working professionals can switch over to entrepreneurship after completing a part-time MBA course. The course will help such professionals in attaining the skills necessary for running a venture. In all, the placement scope for part-time MBA degree holders is at par with regular MBA graduates.
Also Read: Distance MBA vs Online MBA vs Regular MBA: Which is Better?
Top IIM Colleges for Part-Time MBA
Most IIMs offer part-time MBA courses to candidates with work experience of 2-4 years. However, admission to part-time management courses in IIMs is based on work experience and CAT exam/ GMAT exam score. Some institutes also conduct their own entrance test for the course. Here is a list of some of the top IIMs that offer a part-time MBA course.
Name of the Institute
Name of the Course
Rs. 12.70 lakh
Rs. 10 lakh
Rs. 8.26 lakh
Rs. 11.90 lakh
Rs. 15 lakh
Rs. 18.92 lakh
Top Part-Time MBA Colleges
Following are some of the non-IIM colleges that offer part-time MBA courses. The admission process of these colleges is based on UG percentage or management entrance exam score and work experience of at least 2-4 years.
Name of the Institute
Name of the Course
PGDM for Working Professionals
Rs. 2.65 lakh
Rs. 3.48 lakh
Rs. 5.60 lakh
Rs. 4.75 lakh
Rs. 2.48 lakh
Rs. 1.53 lakh
Rs. 6 lakh
Rs. 9.37 lakh
Rs. 11 lakh
INR 2.4 lacs
INR 6.1 lacs
INR 1.16 lacs
INR 1 lacs
INR 2.7 lacs
INR 15.7 lacs
These were some of the top b-schools offering part-time MBA in India. If you need help with admission to MBA colleges in India, just fill out our Common Application Form (CAF). Check out our other related articles for more information about MBA in India.
Are you having trouble selecting an MBA course? Just call 1800-572-9877 and get FREE student counselling from CollegeDekho. For any other doubts and queries, contact our experts on the CollegeDekho QnA Zone.
List of Non-IIM MBA Colleges to Apply to Before and After CAT 2022 Exam
Distance MBA in India: Top Distance MBA Colleges, Courses & Fees
What is a Good Score/Rank in AP ICET 2023?
What is a Good Score/Rank in TS ICET 2023?
Best Time to Start Preparing for CAT 2023
MAH MBA CET 2023 Normalization Process
CAT 2023 Notification (July) - Exam Dates, Eligibility, Registration
CAT 2023 Reading Comprehension: Common Mistakes to Avoid in RC Questions