Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The Andhra Pradesh SSC examinations are going to commence from 21-March-2016 and will continue till 4-April-2016. There are various career options for the students after 10th Standard. Here is a brief insight of various career options for the SSC students of Andhra Pradesh.
Diploma in Engineering(Polytechnic) is one among the career options where students can get Diploma in Engineering. There are various branches in Polytechnic which students can opt. The various branches in Polytechnic(Andhra Pradesh) are;
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Science Engineering'
- Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Mining Engineering
- A candidate must have passed SSC with an aggregate of 50% of marks
- He/she must qualify Polycet Entrance examination conducted by the Department of Technical Education.
Scheme of Examination;
The examination is conducted for 120 marks where 120 bits will be given. There is no negative marking. The weightage is as follows;
- Mathematics - 60 Marks
- Physics- 30 Marks
- Chemistry -30 Marks.
How to apply;
The department of technical education generally releases Polycet notification in the month of April.For more details students can visit www.polycetap.nic.in
Polytechnic Colleges in and around Vijayawada;
ITI - Industrial Training Institute;
After SSC ITI is also one among the career options for the students. A candidate who has passed SSC with an aggregate of 45% of marks can apply for ITI. The course duration would be three years where students are trained in basic skills required to do jobs of say operator or a craftsman. The course in ITI is designed in a way to impart basic skill in the trade specified. The duration, of course, may vary from one year to three years depending upon trade opted. After completion of desired period of training, the person is eligible to appear in the AITT ( All India Trade Test ) conducted by NCVT( National Council for Vocational training ). After passing AITT, the person is awarded NATIONAL TRADE CERTIFICATE (NTC)in concerning trade by NCVT. After passing ITI course a person may opt to undergo practical training in his trade in an industry for a year or two. Again the person has to appear & pass in a test to be conducted by NCVT to get the NATIONAL APPRENTICESHIP CERTIFICATE.
ITI in and around Vijayawada;
Industrial training in Institute in Vijayawada is located near Ramesh Hospital, OppositeAndhra Loyola Institute of Engineering and Technology.
The APREI society of Andhra Pradesh conducts APRJC examination for SSC students who are interested in acquiring free education in +2 in Andhra Pradesh Residential Juniour Colleges. The selection of the candidate is purely based on the marks he secures in the entrance examination.The duration, of course, would be 2 years. The selected candidate can opt any course among the various courses offered by APRJC. Various courses are;
- MPC - Maths, Physics, Chemistry
- Bi.Pc - Biology, Physics, Chemistry
- MEC- Maths, Economics, Commerce
- CEC - Civics, Economics, Commerce
- HEC - History, Economics, Commerce
Scheme of Examination;
An entrance examination will be conducted by APREI in 50 centres of Andhra Pradesh. Examination is conducted in the subjects like;
- General English - 50 Marks
- Physics - 50 Marks
- Mathematics - 50 Marks.
- If a candidate is opting for Bi.Pc he/she has to write Biology instead of Mathematics for 50 marks.
- All the questions are objective type.
APRJC in and around Vijayawada;
An Andhra Pradesh Residential junior College is located at Nagarjuna Sagar, Guntur District.
Apart from APRJC a student can study +2 in various private colleges of Andhra Pradesh. The popular private colleges for +2 in Vijayawada are;
- Andhra Loyola College
- Maris Stella College
- Sri Durga Malleswara Siddhartha Mahila Kalasala
- PB Siddhartha College of Arts and Science
- Nalanda College
- Sri Chaitanya Junior College
- Narayana Junior College.
Source: Sakunth Kumar, City Journalist - Vijaywada, CollegeDekho